PDA

View Full Version : Cortex users - Help !!

ppentertainments
18-09-2010, 10:36 PM
Has anyone got the instructions for what the keys control on the keyboard, when using a cortex ??

Mine is suffering terrible 'sticky button syndrome' so thought would start using the keyboard to control everything.

I recall getting a sheet with instructions when I purchased my last cortex, but would imagined it had been filed away in the same place as other instruction manuals :o

Cheers

Sapphire Disco
18-09-2010, 10:47 PM
This any good ?

http://www.cortex-pro.com/hdc_1000.php?t=4

ppentertainments
18-09-2010, 10:50 PM
This any good ?

http://www.cortex-pro.com/hdc_1000.php?t=4
No, unless missing something. Browsed through all the cortex manuals but found nothing on keyboard usage.

Sapphire Disco
18-09-2010, 10:56 PM
Oh I thought it would have been there :)

deltic
19-09-2010, 12:48 AM
this is what you want chris
http://www.cortex-pro.com/upload/20070808081530_8695_USB%20KEYBOARD%20UPDATE.pdf

Excalibur
19-09-2010, 08:39 AM
http://www.cortex-pro.com/upload/20070808081530_8695_USB%20KEYBOARD%20UPDATE.pdf

Andy, you're a star. :youdaman:

CTRL+S is the only one I ever remember.

ppentertainments
19-09-2010, 09:11 AM

Brilliant Andy, cheers :beer1:

Andy, you're a star. :youdaman:

CTRL+S is the only one I ever remember.
Its not so much what I remember, it's what I press by mistake I have problems with :D :D :D

Excalibur
19-09-2010, 09:31 AM
Its not so much what I remember, it's what I press by mistake I have problems with :D :D :D

Yeah, we could do with a specially designed HDC keyboard, eh?
Big buttons with Play and pause on them. Can't be that difficult, can it?

BTW, I'd tell you about the solution I've found for the problem, but at the moment I'm too ashamed and worried to tell you alll what I've done. :eek: :eek: :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

ppentertainments
19-09-2010, 09:33 AM
BTW, I'd tell you about the solution I've found for the problem, but at the moment I'm too ashamed and worried to tell you alll what I've done. :eek: :eek: :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Go on, you know you want to ;)

Excalibur
19-09-2010, 09:37 AM
Go on, you know you want to ;)

Oh no, not yet. I'm having second thoughts, for various reasons. Especially if I can't make it work, even with the help of one of our more illustrious members. Who is a wonderful chap. And not as some people think, quite wrongly, a :muppet: . I've always held him in the highest regard. He's a splendid chap.

Oh :Censored: how much longer am I going to have to do this? :bang: By Jove, it's difficult.

CRAZY K
19-09-2010, 10:04 AM
Oh no, not yet. I'm having second thoughts, for various reasons. Especially if I can't make it work, even with the help of one of our more illustrious members. Who is a wonderful chap. And not as some people think, quite wrongly, a :muppet: . I've always held him in the highest regard. He's a splendid chap.

Oh :Censored: how much longer am I going to have to do this? :bang: By Jove, it's difficult.

Would this involve a hammer and a nail or something as crude as jamming it permanently on--surely not;)

Excalibur
19-09-2010, 10:52 AM
Would this involve a hammer and a nail or something as crude as jamming it permanently on--surely not;)

Oh no, nothing so cutting edge. It's far worse than that. :o :o :o :o :o It will possibly involve retractions, derision, humble pie eating, and unaccustomed niceness. :( :( :( :( :(

CRAZY K
19-09-2010, 10:58 AM
Oh no, nothing so cutting edge. It's far worse than that. :o :o :o :o :o It will possibly involve retractions, derision, humble pie eating, and unaccustomed niceness. :( :( :( :( :(

Well thats just what we expect Peter--come on now spill the beans.

Or does it involve Gaffa tape, cable ties or VELCRO:eek:

:) :) :)

Vectis
19-09-2010, 11:08 AM
More like.... ;)

Excalibur
19-09-2010, 11:48 AM
More like.... ;)

Steady on pal, I haven't had that moment yet, and if one of the things I've discussed with a splendid splendid cahap, about whom I can't enthuse enough.........

Oh :Censored: , I can't do this anymore. Nobody twigged yet why I'm being nice to Rob again?

I'm gonna have to 'fess up, I can see. Oh how I hope I don't reget this, but I have been rash enough to purchase the playout system of one retiring DJ from southern climes. :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

CRAZY K
19-09-2010, 03:56 PM
Steady on pal, I haven't had that moment yet, and if one of the things I've discussed with a splendid splendid cahap, about whom I can't enthuse enough.........

Oh :Censored: , I can't do this anymore. Nobody twigged yet why I'm being nice to Rob again?

I'm gonna have to 'fess up, I can see. Oh how I hope I don't reget this, but I have been rash enough to purchase the playout system of one retiring DJ from southern climes. :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Thats cheating:eek: :eek: :eek:

Your obviously making far too much money;)

When are you buying the two ipods for Hard drives?

Excalibur
19-09-2010, 04:29 PM
Thats cheating:eek: :eek: :eek:

Your obviously making far too much money;)

When are you buying the two ipods for Hard drives?

Wash your mouth out with soap there, Sir!!!! My standards may be low, but they're higher than that. :p :D :D :D :D :D

Anyway, I'm regretting my rashness already. :( :( :( :( :( :( Seems the accursed Denon has sneaked over the fence while no-one was looking, and seeded some of its genes into the Numark DNA. :( :( :( :(

Have I done something foolish? :confused: :( :( :(

CRAZY K
19-09-2010, 06:23 PM
Wash your mouth out with soap there, Sir!!!! My standards may be low, but they're higher than that. :p :D :D :D :D :D

(

Not at all, when I get my second I pod shortly as my combined Birthday and Xmas present I am likely to start 2011 using the Rob James method.;)

Anything to cut down on size and set up take down times;)

Once you sell out to digital---anything goes:D