PDA

View Full Version : Equinox Nimbus laser

DJ Frankie
22-09-2010, 12:07 PM
Hi Guys

Thinking of purchasing the Equinox Nimbus Laser for additional light on the venue ceilings, does anyone have any experience with these. I have seen them in action and was very impressed with the cover they put out.

http://www.htfr.com/more-info/MR342955

P.s If anyone has one for sale I would be interested.

DAVESOUNDS SERVICES
22-09-2010, 04:12 PM
I fitted one at a small venue and quite frankly i thought it was rubbish!
I would spend around treble and get a decent one .
It was a tacky thing with an external power supply.
also it arrived pre - broken with the red laser out of line
so i had to fix it first.
Thankfully the venue liked it so at least i got paid!
In future i will refuse to recommend them

"my personal opinion only"
cheers

DB Entertainments
05-10-2010, 09:47 PM
I agree! I have one - great - when it works! very temperamental though - I'm looking to buy another now for around 200 - 300 quid..... kam Starcluster 3D looks tempting?

Can anyone recommend anything else??

Cheers :)

equinoxdiscos
07-10-2010, 03:03 PM
I had a Nimbus. It worked fine for 3 shows then the red laser packed up. I tried out the Kam's and thought they were a bit repetitive. In the end, I went for the Equinox Atria that has loads of different patterns - fantastic laser.

Vectis
07-10-2010, 04:31 PM
I think every company has a 'StreetRover' moment.

I've had several Equinox lasers over the years and they've outlived other brands.

DB Entertainments
07-10-2010, 06:50 PM
I had a Nimbus. It worked fine for 3 shows then the red laser packed up. I tried out the Kam's and thought they were a bit repetitive. In the end, I went for the Equinox Atria that has loads of different patterns - fantastic laser.

Ive had 2 'Nimbuses' now - red laser has packed up twice - DJKIT rekon this is not a common fault, they replaced the 1st one but now this one has to go off for repair as its outside of the 28day replacement period! :(

spin mobile disco
14-10-2010, 09:13 PM
They are a cheap chinese product rebranded. You can buy the same thing unbranded for £25 on ebay.
Spend the extra and get a better one. I still have my nebula I bought 3 years ago and other than having to re align the laser after a while its still going strong.

Sapphire Disco
14-10-2010, 09:17 PM
This could be a bargain for someome don't think it will last long before it sells out.

http://www.disco-world.co.uk/lighting/laser-uk-dj-colour-ii/prod_1392.html

gezzerboy
14-12-2010, 03:49 PM
To me the best bang for your buck is the American DJ Galaxian 3D. You can get it for £200 and yes its a bit more expensive however the coverage is amazing and the sound to light superb.

Thefirst 2 gigs i used this at i had people come up to me and ask what it was and where to get one...

Available at DJKIT and HTFR

DJKIT seems the cheapest though.

Hope this helps.

TONYTIGER
14-12-2010, 04:27 PM
Equinox Atria is quite nice good coverage and i really like the shaking spiders,have a couple of big boys in the hire stock from Laser World have been very reliable.

Creature
14-12-2010, 04:37 PM
save your money and buy teh kam starcluster :) ive not regretted it altho may sell a sthey now got the starcluster 3d out :)