PDA

View Full Version : Curiouser and curiouser.

Excalibur
24-09-2010, 08:18 AM
I recently bought an item on Ebay, and have been trying to set up a three way dialogue between the seller, myself, and The Weakest Link. It seems to me that many messages do not actually go as direct email, but via Ebay.

I started getting non-delivery error messages from Ebay. In German!! :eek: :eek: :eek: I know we're in the EU, but that's a bit much.

Thoughts, anyone? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Corabar Steve
24-09-2010, 08:33 AM
Nein

I know, I know, but somebody was bound to do it & I thought we might as well get it out of the way at the start.

Excalibur
24-09-2010, 08:47 AM
Nein

:taxi: for Steve. :p :D :D

CRAZY K
24-09-2010, 10:34 AM
I recently bought an item on Ebay, and have been trying to set up a three way dialogue between the seller, myself, and The Weakest Link. It seems to me that many messages do not actually go as direct email, but via Ebay.

I started getting non-delivery error messages from Ebay. In German!! :eek: :eek: :eek: I know we're in the EU, but that's a bit much.

Thoughts, anyone? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Ermm not ebay again:eek:

E bay has its own internal email system which you are using---yes?

Allows you to communicate with the seller/ buyer and they have an ebay moniker like you---yes?

I assume your not emailing externally on your normal email --yes?

If you have 3 yesses --excellent English--then I think your :Censored:

I have never seen an ebay internal email go non delivery--unless either

a. e bay have closed him down due to fraud

b. he has closed his account

Possibly others on here may post differently :confused:

You could contact ebay--I would have zero confidence in that approach or dig around a bit more on the Sellers details.

Excalibur
24-09-2010, 11:02 AM
Ermm not ebay again:eek:

E bay has its own internal email system which you are using---yes?

Allows you to communicate with the seller/ buyer and they have an ebay moniker like you---yes?

I assume your not emailing externally on your normal email --yes?

If you have 3 yesses --excellent English--then I think your :Censored:

I have never seen an ebay internal email go non delivery--unless either

a. e bay have closed him down due to fraud

b. he has closed his account

Possibly others on here may post differently :confused:

You could contact ebay--I would have zero confidence in that approach or dig around a bit more on the Sellers details.

Two affirmative responses to your putative scenarios Alan, but one negative. ;) Like you, I was a tad apprehensive, but I reckon part of the problem was due to the link between Windows Mail, and Ebay.
By using Ebay internal mail, the problem was resolved ( we exchanged external email addys )

The German bit is the baffling part. Do they speak German predominantly in Kent? :confused: :confused:

CRAZY K
24-09-2010, 12:39 PM
Two affirmative responses to your putative scenarios Alan, but one negative. ;) Like you, I was a tad apprehensive, but I reckon part of the problem was due to the link between Windows Mail, and Ebay.
By using Ebay internal mail, the problem was resolved ( we exchanged external email addys )

The German bit is the baffling part. Do they speak German predominantly in Kent? :confused: :confused:

I would stick to internal ebay emails Peter.

So was the problem you were using external email?

confused of Northants

Excalibur
24-09-2010, 02:33 PM
I would stick to internal ebay emails Peter.

So was the problem you were using external email?

confused of Northants
In a word, yes. And then again, no. Ebay sends an email to me saying I've won an item. Windows mail. I click reply, and ebay sends it to the seller. Initial exchanges, no problems whatsoever.

Then the wheels fell off that system, and I start getting messages in German, from Ebay, telling me they can't send messages to the seller.

As you suggest, I sent one via the internal Ebay system, as belt and braces, and now everybody has everybody else's email addresses, and no problems at all. :D :D

CRAZY K
24-09-2010, 05:33 PM
In a word, yes. And then again, no. Ebay sends an email to me saying I've won an item. Windows mail. I click reply, and ebay sends it to the seller. Initial exchanges, no problems whatsoever.

Then the wheels fell off that system, and I start getting messages in German, from Ebay, telling me they can't send messages to the seller.

As you suggest, I sent one via the internal Ebay system, as belt and braces, and now everybody has everybody else's email addresses, and no problems at all. :D :D

Erm still confused.

I thought when you go into ebay doing all the paying by pay pal etc
it was internal.

I wont relate the nightmare of my last purchase on ebay which forced me to use my sons account:bang:

Are you saying you started raising queries on external email? in fairness that ought to work in theory:confused: but sounds like it didnt--generally I always use the internal system==

but hey---its ebay again:eek: