PDA

View Full Version : Service

Solitaire Events Ltd
27-07-2006, 12:32 PM
I have found that getting a decent service from companies, especially on the internet to be very hit and miss and for a change had really good service from this company (http://www.shuttlesound.com/)

I recently bought a pair of EV SXA100 active speakers and found one of the thumbscrews that holds the speaker to the stand missing, so after a long search, came across the above company. They emailed me back after a few hours and told me that the screws weren't available until the end of August.

Fair enough I thought, but then I got a phone call at lunchtime today to say they'd found some and as they were only 27p each, they'd send them out for free!

It wasn't the cost that was an issue, it was the fact that I was a new customer to them and they went out of their way to help - something that is seriously lacking in this day and age.

Mark (Poptart) who I bought the cabs from told me that he get's his kit serviced there too - so if you need anything servicing or need to buy anything, give them a call. :)

Corabar Entertainment
27-07-2006, 12:41 PM
Great to have some positive feedback for a company - as you say, it does seem to be very difficult to get good service these days so those that do provide it deserve some good press! :)

dj_ags
27-07-2006, 12:49 PM
Glad you got a good service Daz :)

However, its a shame that the same cannot be said for Chauvet and their main parts dealer in Nottingham :mad:

I had to contact them regarding a replacement part for the Chauvet Stage Designer DMX Controller. I e-mailed the parts agent in Nottingham, who havn't replied to date :mad: Have any other members on here had the same experience with Chauvet...or is it just my unlucky fortune?

So does anyone know of another company where i can get hold of the replacement part (circled in the picture)

Thanks in advance :)

pdarnett
27-07-2006, 01:50 PM
Shuttlesound are the UK Electrovoice dealer, in fact the people manning the Electrovoice stand at dj show north are Shuttlesound employees. Seem to be a great set of people, always reply to phone calls, emails etc.

st1ngo
27-07-2006, 02:54 PM
oooh threads being deleted now
how pathetic

Corabar Entertainment
27-07-2006, 02:58 PM
No - I received a request from NADJ, actually. So please do not make assumptions. In any event, it was completely off topic

st1ngo
27-07-2006, 03:00 PM
So you are now part of the great NADJ hospitality cover up farce.........

Its ok Ive mailed it around enough people already

Corabar Entertainment
27-07-2006, 03:03 PM
Every organisation is entitled to have private discussions and communications, and we respect other people and other organisations, and we WON'T get drawn into arguments that do not concern MDD. Now please leave this here, and let this thread get back on topic.

pdarnett
27-07-2006, 03:05 PM
St1ngo its only you that thinks its a farce, so can we get back on topic. I'm happy with the arrangement so are NADJ.

st1ngo
27-07-2006, 03:07 PM
Hosting Hospitality is not standing around handing out leaflets.

So how can you say that NADJ are hosting this ??

st1ngo
27-07-2006, 03:08 PM
Actually its ok ................I'll bring a flask

Have a disco
27-07-2006, 03:12 PM
bags bring the sandwich boards with the end is nigh on eh

pdarnett
27-07-2006, 03:20 PM
Dave Finlay is the main rep for Shuttlesound, and he knows his stuff. Used to be my celestion rep years ago.

st1ngo
27-07-2006, 03:22 PM
but will he buy us a drink ??

soundtracker
27-07-2006, 03:22 PM
bags bring the sandwich boards with the end is nigh on eh :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

ian8limelight
27-07-2006, 03:35 PM
Right, BACK ON TOPIC

Good to hear that you had good service Darren. It might be worth creating a thread of companies that we can refer to who members have recommended for good service, etc.

pdarnett
27-07-2006, 03:37 PM
Or a directory that we can add to categories such as sound, lighting, insurance, pli etc...

Corabar Entertainment
27-07-2006, 03:41 PM
Well we've got the "Useful DJ Links" section (see top of page).... maybe it might be possible to add a 'recommended by' box, so that people can add companies and we know they've been recommended by a member.

pdarnett
27-07-2006, 03:41 PM
good idea, lets put shuttlesound up there then