PDA

View Full Version : Cleaner

Solitaire Events Ltd
27-07-2006, 08:06 PM
Can anyone recommend a foam or other cleaner for cleaning plastic speaker cabs? (one that you've used preferably, not just Googled for.. :) )

Ta. :beer:

Corabar Entertainment
27-07-2006, 08:11 PM
I had some brilliant stuff for cleaning the hard plastic in the car that would probably be ideal (came up like new)... can't remember the name of it at the moment though, but I'll have a look later. I bought it in Halfords.

Thames Valley Discos
27-07-2006, 08:36 PM
amberclense, get it from halfords.

Solitaire Events Ltd
27-07-2006, 08:43 PM
amberclense, get it from halfords.

This one? (http://www.lawson-his.co.uk/scripts/details.php?cat=Multipurpose%20Cleaners&product=1782)

Sapphire Disco
27-07-2006, 09:03 PM
I find baby wipes very good for cleaning all sorts of things, plastic ,leather, carpet/fabric etc.
Yes and babies.

Solitaire Events Ltd
27-07-2006, 09:06 PM
I find baby wipes very good for cleaning all sorts of things, plastic ,leather, carpet/fabric etc.
Yes and babies.

Jewellery? :teeth:

Sapphire Disco
27-07-2006, 09:16 PM
Jewellery generally not, but you would be surprised what they will do , if you get a stain on your suit just before you go out, scuff your best white trainers etc.

Solitaire Events Ltd
27-07-2006, 09:20 PM
Jewellery generally not, but you would be surprised what they will do , if you get a stain on your suit just before you go out, scuff your best white trainers etc.

I was joking Paul, you donut!

Funnily enough, there was a lad on holiday cleaning his trainers with babywipes!

Sapphire Disco
27-07-2006, 09:38 PM
well I thought I better warn you not to use them on your diamante brooch.

Solitaire Events Ltd
27-07-2006, 09:46 PM
well I thought I better warn you not to use them on your diamante brooch.

OK, thanks mate.. :sad: :teeth:

dj_ags
27-07-2006, 10:12 PM
My dad and I clean our speaker cabs using standard upholstery cleaner. Our cabs are carpet covered, and always come up a treat when we use it. However, if you have some lurking about in your garage Daz, then maybe worth a try to see if they sprouse up plastic cabs as well as carpet covered ones :)

pdarnett
28-07-2006, 12:05 AM
or use "back to black" silicone cleaner for cars, but don't go overboard, this stuff is very slippery and you may not be able to grip the cabs to pick them up later!!! (personal experience of polishing steering wheel with it, was doing alright till i got to the first corner!)

Thames Valley Discos
28-07-2006, 06:23 AM
This one? (http://www.lawson-his.co.uk/scripts/details.php?cat=Multipurpose%20Cleaners&product=1782)
Thats the kiddy

kilmeedyman
28-07-2006, 11:36 AM
or use "back to black" silicone cleaner for cars, but don't go overboard, this stuff is very slippery and you may not be able to grip the cabs to pick them up later!!! (personal experience of polishing steering wheel with it, was doing alright till i got to the first corner!)

I, too, use Amberclens.

Sorry Paul, but Back to Black doesn't clean it just coats the plastic making it look as it does when wet - enhancing faded plastic etc. It will merely place a layer over the dirt.

Solitaire Events Ltd
28-07-2006, 11:39 AM
I, too, use Amberclens.

Sorry Paul, but Back to Black doesn't clean it just coats the plastic making it look as it does when wet - enhancing faded plastic etc. It will merely place a layer over the dirt.

I use back to black on my car and had already thought that to be honest!

dj_ags
28-07-2006, 11:41 AM
You could always use "back-to-black" to smarten the cabs up once you have cleaned them with the cleaner :)

Solitaire Events Ltd
28-07-2006, 11:43 AM
You could always use "back-to-black" to smarten the cabs up once you have cleaned them with the cleaner :)

I also found that back to black left a bit of a sticky residue too.. :sad:

dj_ags
28-07-2006, 11:49 AM
I also found that back to black left a bit of a sticky residue too.. :sad:

Actually, i forgot about that :embarasse, especially when you get it on your fingers and rub them together = not pleasant :(

I don't know what the outcome would be if you used a minimal amount that was suffice...im guessing that as it is a silicone based substance, the outcome would be the same, which is a shame because it is good for smartening plastic trim and tyres on cars..but i don't know if it would have the same effect on plastic speaker cabs :(

Anyway, i am waffling now, so can anyone suggest any other proven cleaners apart from the ones specified?

Solitaire Events Ltd
28-07-2006, 12:08 PM
I think I might give Amberclens a try as several people on different forums have suggested that one.