PDA

View Full Version : Bpm 2011

Pages : [1] 2 3

soundmaster mobile disco
05-10-2010, 07:49 PM
Just been speaking to Mark Walsh and i asked when bpm 2011 was on and the dates are NEC 1-3 Oct 2011 .

Ive just put them in my 2011 diary right now.

Charlie Brown
05-10-2010, 07:52 PM
Same. :approve:

yourdj
05-10-2010, 07:54 PM
i will print name badges for everyone next year too!

Corabar Entertainment
05-10-2010, 07:54 PM
...and how are you going to find the right people to give them to Toby? :p

yourdj
05-10-2010, 07:57 PM
...and how are you going to find the right people to give them to Toby? :p

Blank clip on ones and lots of pens.

Alex
05-10-2010, 08:16 PM
For some reason... I didn't read pens as... pens! LOL

Already booked that week off as BPM released the date on facebook a few weeks ago (Sort of)
I'm hoping based on the success of this year, I'm hoping to man a stand again! :)

We'll have to wait and see

.... sounds daft, but would it be wise to start booking hotels now??
Also, has Mark confirmed it's location?

Solitaire Events Ltd
05-10-2010, 08:18 PM

I wonder why...:p

Yes, it is daft. :D

yourdj
05-10-2010, 08:18 PM

Also, has Mark confirmed it's location?

What did you read it as then Alex ;)

I vote the travel lodge down the road from Reflex!
Hopefully no Government meetings and Thousands of coppers?

That one we stayed in was rubbish :p
Well that other blokes room was anyway.

Alex
05-10-2010, 08:29 PM
The one I stayed in previously... was...

Birmingham Central Newhall Street Travelodge

It was really good and it had a fantastic bar and cafe for breakfasts!
Not stayed in broad street one so can't comment.
Next time I'm staying in TOWN and not near NEC. £30 for a return taxi?? Screw that!!

Alex
05-10-2010, 08:32 PM
Broad street Travelodge is currently FULLY BOOKED... for ANY dates between 01/10/201 to 05/10/2011

See i wasn't being daft :) :p :p :)

yourdj
05-10-2010, 08:32 PM
Broad street Travelodge is currently FULLY BOOKED... for ANY dates between 01/10/201 to 05/10/2011

See i wasn't being daft :) :p :p :)

i assume another party conference?

Alex
05-10-2010, 08:33 PM
No idea.... but I'm going to book now and then if I need it I've got it :)

Can always cancel if need be :)

Excalibur
06-10-2010, 07:14 AM
I wonder why...:p

Yes, it is daft. :D
This years hotel had pluses and minuses. The steak house down the road was an enormous plus.

The one I stayed in previously... was...

Birmingham Central Newhall Street Travelodge

It was really good and it had a fantastic bar and cafe for breakfasts!
Not stayed in broad street one so can't comment.
Next time I'm staying in TOWN and not near NEC. £30 for a return taxi?? Screw that!!

Five of us in a six seater paid £6 each for the round trip. Entertainment thrown in. :D :D

archiecoles80
01-01-2011, 05:35 AM
I will print this date in my 2011 diary.

Excalibur
01-01-2011, 11:12 AM
I will print this date in my 2011 diary.

Good. Your next task is to pop across to the Newbies section to introduce yourself and say hello. When you get to BPM, head for the bar, where you will find a huge banner proclaiming the MDD contingent's location.

Rowleys
01-01-2011, 12:02 PM
No hotel for me live 5 mins from the NEC. :D

funkymook
01-01-2011, 12:03 PM
No hotel for me live 5 mins from the NEC. :D

Excellent - all back to yours! :D

Tom Lovick
01-01-2011, 12:12 PM
Planning on coming up to this, this year!!

Probably going to come up on the 1st and go on the 2nd.

anyone know any budget hotels in the NEC area??

Solitaire Events Ltd
01-01-2011, 12:58 PM
Search facility....

Excalibur
01-01-2011, 01:01 PM
Planning on coming up to this, this year!!

Probably going to come up on the 1st and go on the 2nd.

anyone know any budget hotels in the NEC area??

Search facility....

Nah, follow my leader.;) :D :D This year's New Year Resolution is to pay the same price as you. :D :D :D :D :D

Solitaire Events Ltd
01-01-2011, 01:02 PM
Nah, follow my leader.;) :D :D This year's New Year Resolution is to pay the same price as you. :D :D :D :D :D

Move South then and get out specially discounted rates for Southern only people. :D

Excalibur
01-01-2011, 01:05 PM
Move South then and get out specially discounted rates for Southern only people. :D

Racist!:p :D :D

And why have you got a picture of Francis Rossi as your avatar now?:confused: :D :D :D :D

Solitaire Events Ltd
01-01-2011, 01:08 PM
Racist!:p :D :D

And why have you got a picture of Francis Rossi as your avatar now?:confused: :D :D :D :D

Haha! That is the very reason it was cut off when it grew that long!

Tom Lovick
01-01-2011, 01:10 PM

:confused: :confused: whats that supposed to mean????? :confused: :confused:

Solitaire Events Ltd
01-01-2011, 01:13 PM
:confused: :confused: whats that supposed to mean????? :confused: :confused:

You have a lovely way with words Tom.

Tom Lovick
01-01-2011, 01:26 PM
You have a lovely way with words Tom.

sorry still quite tired from last night!

What i meant to say was what does this mean? as i don't understand it.

Booche
01-01-2011, 03:41 PM
Tom i think you'll find that Darren & Peter were on about Darren's avatar image and WHEN Darren HAD long hair as now he is bald :sofa:

Tom Lovick
01-01-2011, 03:54 PM
Tom i think you'll find that Darren & Peter were on about Darren's avatar image and WHEN Darren HAD long hair as now he is bald :sofa:

Ahh! OK!!!

Just me being a :muppet: then?? :p

Solitaire Events Ltd
01-01-2011, 03:57 PM

Not completely you git! :boxer2: :mad: :D

Booche
01-01-2011, 04:01 PM
Not completely you git! :boxer2: :mad: :D

:p :p :p

Excalibur
01-01-2011, 05:28 PM
Ahh! OK!!!

Right, Tom, here we go.
I asked Darren why he had a piccy of Francis Rossi ( complete with long ponytail ) as his avatar. We both knew it was Darren in times past.

Darren found it funny, and replied that he had cut off his ponytail to avoid looking like Mr Rossi.

Tom
01-01-2011, 07:48 PM
I'll be coming along again this year, but I wont be attending the show.

Will be more like, meet you all at the hotel, get a cab in to town and take it from there. :)

Excalibur
01-01-2011, 08:20 PM
I'll be coming along again this year, but I wont be attending the show. Will be more like, meet you all at the hotel, get a cab in to town and take it from there. :)

Cut to the chase. :) Like it. :D

NKR
01-01-2011, 08:27 PM
Which night is the big night out as going to be attending this year?

Not been making babies this Christmas as wife was not so well and I have been ill as a dog for last few days too, so no impending arrivals to get in the way this year as was the case with 2010 ;-)

Going to drag Kev with me too, so you can add us to the list.

Excalibur
01-01-2011, 08:39 PM
Which night is the big night out as going to be attending this year? .

Usually Sunday. I'm anticipating it eagerly. A :beer1: from a Red Rose. :D :D :D :D :D :D

NKR
01-01-2011, 08:46 PM
Usually Sunday. I'm anticipating it eagerly. A :beer1: from a Red Rose. :D :D :D :D :D :D

You're on. Owe you one :beer1: :D

SC Events
01-01-2011, 10:32 PM
To answer an Earlier question, I am currently in the process of getting a refund from the Travelodge on Broadstreet as it has got to be the worst Hotel, I have never* stayed in, in my life. I definitely vote for the Birmingham Maypole, which we stayed in last year though.

*I went to a concert in November and had booked a Travelodge 3 miles from Broad Street as we planned to go out after for my friends Birthday. I had a phone call on the day saying "The hotel is currently undergoing a refurbishment, we have moved you to the hotel on Broadstreet."

We got there, checked in and got in to our rooms...The settee's were ripped, the rooms were dirty and the sheets were dirty...and we paid over £40 each for the rooms! If it was just one room that was grotty, we'd have asked to move rooms, but it seemed like all of them!!!

So, we didn't stay there and ended up going back home :(

...Oh yeah, count me in for BPM :D

Corabar Steve
02-01-2011, 08:37 AM
Tom, you really need to learn to stop posting for the sake of posting when you have nothing to say. Nobody will think any less of you for it, in fact I would say you'll probably go up in a lot of folks estimations if you do.

Excalibur
02-01-2011, 10:16 AM
Tom, you really need to learn to stop posting for the sake of posting when you have nothing to say. Nobody will think any less of you for it, in fact I would say you'll probably go up in a lot of folks estimations if you do.

:agree:

DiscosMobile
02-01-2011, 02:42 PM
I will be there will be great to meet everyone..

Rick

Twinspin
02-01-2011, 04:21 PM

:boxer2:

MBK
02-01-2011, 04:52 PM
I may go hmmm my bithday on one of the days could be interesting........
:beer1:
and
I will be a BPM Virgin :eek: ......Plasa may take a back seat this year then.

Charlie Brown
13-01-2011, 12:27 PM
Just booked the 3rd October off work. :sj:

soundtracker
13-01-2011, 12:28 PM
I coming this year as there's a few people that need a slap!

Corabar Entertainment
13-01-2011, 12:29 PM
I coming this year as there a few people that need a slap!

Look forward to it, Pete! :eek: :eek: :eek: :D

DeckstarDeluxe
13-01-2011, 12:32 PM

We'll tell you when to stop Tom ;)

Yep count me in this year hopefully wont sleep on the floor again and spend the following morning walking around in circles and using the compass on my iphone to get back to my hotel.

Charlie Brown
13-01-2011, 12:33 PM
Perhaps we should book the hotel sooner than later?

It will be a lot cheaper before.

I coming this year as there's a few people that need a slap!

:sofa:

Tom
19-01-2011, 10:17 PM
Cut to the chase. :) Like it. :D

Huh? lol

Corabar Entertainment
19-01-2011, 10:19 PM
Huh? lolTranslation: You're not bothering with the 'boring' bit and just going for the festivities. Peter is enamoured of your choice :p

Tom
19-01-2011, 10:29 PM
Ahhhhhhhh ok. Now I understand. lol.

Well tbh, the show is not really for me no more. I went because everyone else was there but Rachael and I just spent our time there talking to you fantastic people and walking around not doing much. lol

Corabar Entertainment
19-01-2011, 10:31 PM
I spent the whole of the Sunday in the bar, too.

We went back on the Monday to have a look around when it was a bit quieter.

Perfect balance for me :)

Excalibur
19-01-2011, 10:43 PM
Translation: You're not bothering with the 'boring' bit and just going for the festivities. Peter is enamoured of your choice :p

Am I really that transparent? :confused: :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Correctamundo,Angela. :thumbs_up:

We'll tell you when to stop Tom ;)

Yep count me in this year hopefully wont sleep on the floor again and spend the following morning walking around in circles and using the compass on my iphone to get back to my hotel.
Stick with the Boring Old Gits mate.;) The DIY bar in our hotel was cheap, didn't close early, and was a mere twenty yards from our rooms. ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Corabar Entertainment
19-01-2011, 10:54 PM
Stick with the Boring Old Gits mate.;) OI!

Speak for yourself!!!!!

STEVE HANLEY
19-01-2011, 10:56 PM
Will try to get there before 6pm this time. Will aim for 5:55pm this time:D :D

Charlie Brown
19-01-2011, 11:22 PM
I'll be legal. :sj:

SC Events
19-01-2011, 11:38 PM

For drinking? :sj: :D

Booche
20-01-2011, 12:24 AM
I'll hopefully be there AGAIN lol

Will start saving now for BPM 2012 :P

Corabar Entertainment
20-01-2011, 12:37 AM
I'll hopefully be there AGAIN lol...and hopefully you'll make it for the 'main event' (;)) this time :p

Booche
20-01-2011, 12:40 AM
...and hopefully you'll make it for the 'main event' (;)) this time :p

Aslong as i can get a hotel room and a lift there and back lol

Will sort something out as i missed out last time :(

Get Me A DJ
20-01-2011, 02:20 AM
Going to be getting a stand this year, as we have a few announcements to make on some products my other company is selling. (watch this space)
Thought about Plasa, but it's toooo expensive.

I can't be bothered reading all the post's, so I'll ask if anyone knows of a cheap place to stay?
I'm looking at Nuneaton as I use to live there and travel to the NEC every day.

Excalibur
20-01-2011, 07:06 AM
OI!

Speak for yourself!!!!!
My deepest and sincerest apologies. :o :o :o Since you do not fit into any of the three categories, I'd have thought it was abundantly clear that you were merely with the BOG's in a supervisory capacity. After all, we aren't fit to be let out on our own. :(

Will try to get there before 6pm this time. Will aim for 5:55pm this time:D :D
Good man. Early bird catches the worm. ;)

If you stick with us lot, not for long. ;) :eek:

Charlie Brown
20-01-2011, 08:16 AM
Shouldn't we start booking something now?

Excalibur
20-01-2011, 12:01 PM
Shouldn't we start booking something now?

No. Next question please. :p :D

What usually happens is that about a month or two beforehand, someone reminds Darren that we should book hotels, he searches diligently to find the best deal, and when he posts it, we all pile in behind him. Quickly. Because as they sell the rooms, they put the prices of the remaining ones up!!:eek: :eek: :mad: :mad:

For what it's worth, I'd vote for using the same five star hotel we used last year. ( I wonder if Darren will get glass in his window this year? Serves the cheeky git right for snagging the cheap rooms first. :D :D )And the same Steak House. And the same taxi driver, he was a star.

Charlie Brown
20-01-2011, 12:15 PM
:lol:

Peter, you make me laugh.

Surely the earlier we book it...the cheaper it will...and I can't back out then. :sj:

Get Me A DJ
20-01-2011, 12:32 PM
Well,l if Pete's going I'm getting a stand at Plasa :p

Peter, you make me laugh.

Surely the earlier we book it...the cheaper it will...and I can't back out then. :sj:

Not true, I've just spent the whole morning looking for a b and b and they are charging £40.00 a night :eek:
Well I say all, there is one in Coventry for £25.00 inc breakfast, but knowing where it is, I'll leave it

Get Me A DJ
25-01-2011, 12:44 AM
BUMP.

Still trying to find a decent place to get dig's for BPM, has anyone got a clue where to go rather than paying stupid amounts of money?

SC Events
25-01-2011, 12:47 AM
Birmingham Maypole Travelodge (5.2 miles from Broadstreet) was the one we used last year...

Rooms are currently £35.75

Birmingham sheldon is 5.6 miles from Broadstreet and they are £29.00

...Reflex's postcode is B1 2DY :D :D

jamesh
25-01-2011, 02:43 AM
There is a travel lodge on broadstreet too... just down from reflex... dont know the price at the moment though and as its nearly 4am i'm not looking now lol

SC Events
25-01-2011, 09:55 AM
There is a travel lodge on broadstreet too... just down from reflex... dont know the price at the moment though and as its nearly 4am i'm not looking now lol

I posted this a couple of pages ago:

I am currently in the process of getting a refund from the Travelodge on Broadstreet as it has got to be the worst Hotel, I have never* stayed in, in my life. I definitely vote for the Birmingham Maypole, which we stayed in last year though.

*I went to a concert in November and had booked a Travelodge 3 miles from Broad Street as we planned to go out after for my friends Birthday. I had a phone call on the day saying "The hotel is currently undergoing a refurbishment, we have moved you to the hotel on Broadstreet."

We got there, checked in and got in to our rooms...The settee's were ripped, the rooms were dirty and the sheets were dirty...and we paid over £40 each for the rooms! If it was just one room that was grotty, we'd have asked to move rooms, but it seemed like all of them!!!

So, we didn't stay there and ended up going back home :(

The rooms are usually £45 - £60 per night there as well...

Get Me A DJ
25-01-2011, 12:14 PM
cheers for the info Scott, I'll look into it

Tom
21-02-2011, 05:17 PM
The Maypole was "ok". Bit of a weird place to find but ok anyway. Car park is car friendly also which is nice. lol

Excalibur
21-02-2011, 06:10 PM
The Maypole was "ok". Bit of a weird place to find but ok anyway. Car park is car friendly also which is nice. lol
Ain't that the truth!!!!!!! :eek: Once you realise that the hotel car park is signed as something totally unconnected ( or nearly drive over Tom while he's walking back there :o :o ) it becomes a lot easier to find. ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D

SC Events
21-02-2011, 09:22 PM
We HAVE to stay there again this year...i'm not letting Neil take the mick out of me again for leaving a few chips on my plate after demolishing the MASSIVE Mixed Grill :D :D :D

Matty12
21-02-2011, 09:29 PM
Same. :approve:

your comeing then.:)

Shaun
21-02-2011, 09:40 PM

I see you still haven't taken up my suggestion of a spell checker.

Excalibur
21-02-2011, 09:46 PM
We HAVE to stay there again this year...i'm not letting Neil take the mick out of me again for leaving a few chips on my plate after demolishing the MASSIVE Mixed Grill :D :D :D

The pub/meal was notable for many things. ;)
Accusations of Sausage Envy.
Philosophical debates as to whether Potato wedges had a less than 90 degree angle.
Penfold selling the rest of us a dummy, and heading off as a scouting party.
The Cognoscenti drinking the mild. ;) :beer1:
Late arrivals from the North, and the Far North. ( All welcome though. )

Gets my vote for this year.

DeckstarDeluxe
21-02-2011, 10:06 PM

Which set me up nicely for that line when Angela was looking at my plate.......;)

flatliners
22-02-2011, 08:29 PM
For those of you not sure about going it is worth going just to see Alex dancing

Shaun
22-02-2011, 09:16 PM
For those of you not sure about going it is worth going just to see Alex dancing

Yes, it was very entertaining. :d

DeckstarDeluxe
22-02-2011, 09:33 PM
That was Alex? Thought it was Louie Spence ;)

Charlie Brown
22-02-2011, 11:10 PM

Indeed.

I've already booked the time off work.

Twinspin
27-02-2011, 08:37 PM
Im looking at coming this year with my Roadie Alex and also A couple of local mobile dj friends i know as well.

Anyone got any hotel details for this year

cheers

John

Alchemy
03-03-2011, 10:25 AM
:D Despite the complicated logistics, me and Mrs Alchemy are looking at coming over for BPM. I'm looking at the Birmingham Maypole Travelodge as suggested by Scott (SJS) is this a good base, and close to many fine drinking establishments? :D :guinness: :guinness:

Charlie Brown
03-03-2011, 10:26 AM
I'd like to get something booked soon too.

Shouldn't we take advantage of their promo offer?

Alchemy
03-03-2011, 10:54 AM
Did you all stay there last year Charlie?

Solitaire Events Ltd
03-03-2011, 11:03 AM
A few of us have now booked the (beautiful) Birmingham Maypole.

Shaun
03-03-2011, 11:04 AM
:D Despite the complicated logistics, me and Mrs Alchemy are looking at coming over for BPM. I'm looking at the Birmingham Maypole Travelodge as suggested by Scott (SJS) is this a good base, and close to many fine drinking establishments? :D :guinness: :guinness:

It's about 5 miles from the drinking establishment we all ended up in last year at the City Centre. Big Taxi, share the fare, shouldn't be expensive. I've boooked into the maypole...total cost a tenner.

Excalibur
03-03-2011, 11:07 AM
Fine base, yes. There is a splendid steak house nearby, where plentiful, reasonably priced well cooked meals may be purchased. Steve and I availed ourselves of a lovely Dark Mild at £2 per pint in there. From here, it alll goes downhill, sadly. :( :( :(. Knowing what I do now, before we leave there this year, I shall attempt to be, if not inebriated on the stuff, at least waterlogged. :D :D :D Next stop Reflex, where we drank something fizzy, I forget what. :daft:

I'd like to get something booked soon too.

Shouldn't we take advantage of their promo offer?
I already have. :p :D :D I have informed others, I can do no more.

Did you all stay there last year Charlie?
We did. Unfortunately for Charlie, he wasn't old enough to play with the Grown Ups. :( Or Penfold and me. :D :D

Charlie, if you do venture out to BPM this year, my but your learning curve will be steep!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: I shall attempt to shiled you from the worst of the excesses, by stapling Penfold's trousers to his shirt, and rivetting Shaun's shirt firmly closed. The memories of those two exhibiting themselves last year is indelibly printed on my mind!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :( :( :( :( :( :(

It's about 5 miles from the drinking establishment we all ended up in last year at the City Centre. Big Taxi, share the fare, shouldn't be expensive. I've boooked into the maypole...total cost a tenner.
Oh yes, spend £150 more on lights , and save £1.50 on hotel insurance?:confused: :p :D :D Good lad Shaun, you know it makes sense. ;)

A few of us have now booked the (beautiful) Birmingham Maypole.
Have you specified having glass in your window, and not your room this time? :whistle: :D :D :D :D :D

soundtracker
03-03-2011, 11:12 AM
Thought it was about time I ventured forth, its been a while! Maypole booked!

Excalibur
03-03-2011, 11:16 AM

Well done that man. :thumbs_up: I'll see if I can get hold of some Brains before then. :beer1: ( Sits back and waits for jokes and insults to come in from those unfamiliar with SA , among others. )

soundtracker
03-03-2011, 11:18 AM
Well done that man. :thumbs_up: I'll see if I can get hold of some Brains before then. :beer1: ( Sits back and waits for jokes and insults to come in from those unfamiliar with SA , among others. )

I would prefer a drop of Felinfoel, (Double dragon is rather palatable!) not that I'm particularly choosy!!

Shaun
03-03-2011, 11:18 AM
I shall attempt to shiled you from the worst of the excesses, by stapling Penfold's trousers to his shirt, and rivetting Shaun's shirt firmly closed. The memories of those two exhibiting themselves last year is indelibly printed on my mind!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :( :( :( :( :( :(

I was being shy and reserved cause I'd only just met you. Wait till this year. :d

:thumbsup:

Excalibur
03-03-2011, 11:21 AM
I would prefer a drop of Felinfoel, (Double dragon is rather palatable!) not that I'm particularly choosy!!

Oh yuss. ;)

Charlie Brown
03-03-2011, 11:23 AM
What date is BPM?

I'll take the plunge and book now. :eek:

Did someone just text me?

Shaun
03-03-2011, 11:36 AM
What date is BPM?

Saturday 1st - Monday 3rd October 2011. I think most of us are staying overnight on the Sunday.

Excalibur
03-03-2011, 11:36 AM
What date is BPM?

Blimey O'Reilly , Charlie, you're priceless. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Corabar Steve
03-03-2011, 11:39 AM
Saturday 1st - Monday 3rd October 2011. I think most of us are staying overnight on the Sunday.
Now, I would have just made the lazy twonk go back & read the first post of this thread :sj:

Charlie Brown
03-03-2011, 11:39 AM
Blimey O'Reilly , Charlie, you're priceless. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

All booked for the Sunday! :beer1: :beer1: :beer1:

soundtracker
03-03-2011, 11:40 AM
Now, I would have just made the lazy twonk go back & read the first post of this thread :sj:

or told him the wrong week!:sofa:

Corabar Steve
03-03-2011, 11:43 AM
Booked x2

Excalibur
03-03-2011, 11:45 AM

And I would have asked why someone hasn't yet furnished us with a "read all the posts in the thread!" smiley yet. :confused: :confused: :D :D :D :D :D

( I do agree with you though, Steve. ;) The lad is absolutely priceless. )

Corabar Steve
03-03-2011, 11:46 AM
And I would have asked why someone hasn't yet furnished us with a "read all the posts in the thread!" smiley yet. :confused: :confused: :D :D :D :D :D
Hold on

Corabar Steve
03-03-2011, 11:48 AM
Here you go http://www.smiliegenerator.de/s38/smilies-14562.png http://www.smiliegenerator.de/s38/smilies-14560.png

Excalibur
03-03-2011, 11:55 AM
Here you go http://www.smiliegenerator.de/s38/smilies-14562.png http://www.smiliegenerator.de/s38/smilies-14560.png

I am in your debt , Good Sir. Many thanks.

Corabar Entertainment
03-03-2011, 12:23 PM
I've added a poll to the thread so that we can see who's doing what :)

I've made it a public poll so that names are visible (Not much use without that, is it :D)

Excalibur
03-03-2011, 12:40 PM
I've added a poll to the thread so that we can see who's doing what :)

I've made it a public poll so that names are visible (Not much use without that, is it :D)

Hmmmmmmm. So much for anonymity then. :( :( :D :D :D :D :D :D

Corabar Entertainment
03-03-2011, 12:42 PM
Well, if you don't want anyone to know you're going, you shouldn't have been the first to announce it on here, should you? :p :p :p

Excalibur
03-03-2011, 12:47 PM
Well, if you don't want anyone to know you're going, you shouldn't have been the first to announce it on here, should you? :p :p :p

Ah. Good point. Missed that one. :o :o :o :o :o :o :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

SC Events
03-03-2011, 01:40 PM
Can I be cheeky and ask if anyone has a promo code? :D

They want £21.00 for my room! :Censored: :D :D

soundtracker
03-03-2011, 01:42 PM
No promo code, just click on the £10 advert!:)

Shaun
03-03-2011, 01:44 PM
Flights Booked: CHECK
Hotel Booked: CHECK
Dancing Shoes Packed: CHECK
Lift froom NEC to hotel arranged: Ermmm....Angela *flutters eyelashes*
Post Event Liver Detox Booked: CHECK

When does the BPM tickets go on sale?

SC Events
03-03-2011, 01:52 PM
Booked, but it was £19.50 :( lol

Charlie Brown
03-03-2011, 01:55 PM

How?

It's still a tenner. I've just checked this minute.

Shaun
03-03-2011, 01:55 PM

:confused:
http://www2.travelodge.co.uk/search_and_book/saver_search.php?action=search&tab=list&source=XX&search_for=PROM3&checkInDate=02%2F10%2F2011&locpostText=birmingham

Third from the bottom. It's still a tenner. :confused:

DeckstarDeluxe
03-03-2011, 01:57 PM

Been cancelled :P:daft:

Shaun
03-03-2011, 01:58 PM
And Scott.....you don't have to keep stealing glances at my moobs all night. If you ask nicely I'll show then to you. :d

Alchemy
How?

It's still a tenner. I've just checked this minute.

Yeah, but you need to click on the sale link for the £10 offer ;)

Penfold42

Brother? :)

Shaun
03-03-2011, 02:01 PM
Brother? :)

Not this time. My nephew is coming. He DJs too so should fit right in.

Penfold42
03-03-2011, 02:04 PM
Not this time. My nephew is coming. He DJs too so should fit right in.

Your brother last year was sound.....should be good again then. :D

SC Events
03-03-2011, 02:09 PM
http://www2.travelodge.co.uk/search_and_book/saver_search.php?action=search&tab=list&source=XX&search_for=PROM3&checkInDate=02%2F10%2F2011&locpostText=birmingham

Third from the bottom. It's still a tenner. :confused:

I saw that, but as soon as i clicked it to book, the red box changed from £10 to £19.50 :(

And Scott.....you don't have to keep stealing glances at my moobs all night. If you ask nicely I'll show then to you. :d

:lol: I think it was you looking at my moobs ;) :D

Shaun
03-03-2011, 02:09 PM

I did ask him if he was up for it this year but he said "maybe next time". Dean is really looking forward to it though. :)

Penfold42
03-03-2011, 02:14 PM
I did ask him if he was up for it this year but he said "maybe next time". Dean is really looking forward to it though. :)

Is he of the same stock......? or is that a silly question! :D
Middle name 'Drinklikeafish'.....:D

Look forward to meeting him. :)

Shaun
03-03-2011, 02:17 PM
Is he of the same stock......? or is that a silly question! :D
Middle name 'Drinklikeafish'.....:D

Oh Yesssss! :d

Excalibur
03-03-2011, 02:40 PM
That was the problem last time!!:eek: :eek: Thing is, I don't remember anyone asking you to flash the flesh. :p

Not this time. My nephew is coming. He drinks too so should fit right in.
:whistle:

Indeed he was.

Corabar Entertainment
03-03-2011, 02:43 PM
Lift froom NEC to hotel arranged: Ermmm....Angela *flutters eyelashes*The seat was always booked, my dear :rose:

So, Jim can't handle us two years in a row, huh? We're obviously too much for him :p

Shaun
03-03-2011, 02:54 PM
The seat was always booked, my dear :rose:

So, Jim can't handle us two years in a row, huh? We're obviously too much for him :p

Thanks Angela. :)

I think Shaun (Flatliners) in-depth hour long monologue with him about the optics in lighting was the straw that broke the camels back. (Just kidding Shaun) :d

Corabar Entertainment
03-03-2011, 02:59 PM

How old is Dean?

Charlie Brown
03-03-2011, 03:00 PM
How does everyone get around?

I doubt I'll be driving by then. Although I have lessons booked, I'm guessing it's going to take agggeeessss.

Is it just taxis?

Solitaire Events Ltd
03-03-2011, 03:04 PM
How does everyone get around?

I doubt I'll be driving by then. Although I have lessons booked, I'm guessing it's going to take agggeeessss.

Is it just taxis?

...paid for by people who didn't go last year. :D

Corabar Entertainment
03-03-2011, 03:06 PM
Drive to BPM @ NEC --> Drive to hotel after BPM --> From then on.... taxis (taxi to food; taxi to town centre; taxi back to hotel) --> Bed --> Drive (either back to NEC or home)

Charlie Brown
03-03-2011, 03:08 PM
...paid for by people who didn't go last year. :D

On a serious note how far is the NEC from the train station etc.

Corabar Entertainment
03-03-2011, 03:10 PM
http://www.thenec.co.uk/travel/train

"The NEC is situated adjacent to Birmingham International Rail Station; if you are coming to a show at The NEC you can reach any of our halls without stepping outside!"

Alchemy
03-03-2011, 03:11 PM

There is a train station at the NEC :)

Penfold42
03-03-2011, 03:12 PM
I think Shaun (Flatliners) in-depth hour long monologue with him about the optics in lighting was the straw that broke the camels back. (Just kidding Shaun) :d

PMSL......hahahahahahahahahahah!

I have room in the car. :)
If you want to go.

Charlie Brown
03-03-2011, 03:13 PM
http://www.thenec.co.uk/travel/train

"The NEC is situated adjacent to Birmingham International Rail Station; if you are coming to a show at The NEC you can reach any of our halls without stepping outside!"

Thank you very much. I've never been but didn't think of looking at their site. :o

I know what me and trains are like. :lol:

Last time I was on the train, uncle Darren dropped me a text saying..'see you there. were on the way to London now.' I was on the train to Birmingham.....You've only got to imagine my reaction. :sj:

If you want to go.

Tony, you're a bobby dazzler. I'll give you some money for fuel and make it up in beer. I'll grab the train back but it saves me faffing when I get there. Thank you.:)

Booche
03-03-2011, 03:15 PM

If you want to go.

:whistle: :whistle: :wave: :wave: :wave: :whistle: :whistle:

EDIT: Thats if Jo hasn't had baby by then as doc's have said around the 4th October :eek: lol

Penfold42
03-03-2011, 03:21 PM
Tony, you're a bobby dazzler. I'll give you some money for fuel and make it up in beer. I'll grab the train back but it saves me faffing when I get there. Thank you.:)

:whistle: :whistle: :wave: :wave: :wave: :whistle: :whistle:

EDIT: Thats if Jo hasn't had baby by then as doc's have said around the 4th October :eek: lol

Yeah cool.....no problem. :)

Booche
03-03-2011, 03:22 PM

Excemondo :D This time though Tony no road rage lol :p

Also THANKYOU :D

Penfold42
03-03-2011, 03:23 PM

Corabar Entertainment
03-03-2011, 03:26 PM

Also THANKYOU :DAre you booking a hotel this year?

Booche
03-03-2011, 03:28 PM
Are you booking a hotel this year?

Hopeing so yeah all depends on baby lol

Alchemy
03-03-2011, 03:30 PM
I know what me and trains are like. :lol:

Last time I was on the train, uncle Darren dropped me a text saying..'see you there. were on the way to London now.' I was on the train to Birmingham.....You've only got to imagine my reaction. :sj:

Just wear this :D

Corabar Entertainment
03-03-2011, 03:37 PM
Pmsl!

Spirits High
03-03-2011, 03:40 PM

Oi!

Where's my lift??

I've booked the Maypole for sunday night and at the moment it looks like a goer bookings/ wedding fayrse wise ;)

Penfold42
03-03-2011, 03:48 PM
Oi!

Where's my lift??

OOPS! OK you sweet talker.......:D
Right thats my car full.

Shaun
03-03-2011, 03:54 PM

How old is Dean?

22. :beer1:

Corabar Entertainment
03-03-2011, 04:20 PM
22. :beer1::thumbsup:
Hopeing so yeah all depends on baby lol

Just a heads up to you and anyone else who is unsure: you can book the hotel and pay an extra £1.50 for the 'insurance' in case you need to cancel. I'm sure £1.50 won't break the bank! (But obviously check the T&Cs)

SC Events
03-03-2011, 04:26 PM
I'll be driving, so if anyone needs a lift from the NEC to the hotel and/or picking up from the railway station/airport and taking to the NEC, just shout! :)

Corabar Steve
03-03-2011, 04:49 PM
I think it was you looking at my moobs ;) :D
there is photographic evidence to the contrary

SC Events
03-03-2011, 05:27 PM
there is photographic evidence to the contrary

Oh pooh! lol :D

soundtracker
03-03-2011, 06:00 PM
I'll be driving, so if anyone needs a lift from the NEC to the hotel and/or picking up from the railway station/airport and taking to the NEC, just shout! :)

Cheers Scott, that#ll be good if you can pick me up.....

From Hereford!:D

Excalibur
03-03-2011, 06:03 PM

If you want to go.
Wanna swing round and pick me up then? :D :D

Errr Charlie, rides back may be available. ;) Some of us drive past your door you know. ;)

Unlikely, Dave. That's situation normal. ;) :D

Oi!

Where's my lift??

I've booked the Maypole for sunday night and at the moment it looks like a goer bookings/ wedding fayres wise ;)
Yeah yeah, we believe you. ;) :p :D :D

OOPS! OK you sweet talker.......:D
Right thats my car full.
What? No ride for me? :D :D :D :D :D

Just a heads up to you and anyone else who is unsure: you can book the hotel and pay an extra £1.50 for the 'insurance' in case you need to cancel. I'm sure £1.50 won't break the bank! (But obviously check the T&Cs)
Excellent advice there Angela. Some of us have done so. ;) :D

DeckstarDeluxe
03-03-2011, 06:12 PM
Cheers Scott, that#ll be good if you can pick me up.....

From Hereford!:D

Thats not really an issue considering he'll be coming down to Cheltenham to pick me up ;)

Get Me A DJ
03-03-2011, 06:57 PM
Booked all three days and arranged a stand.

Corabar Entertainment
03-03-2011, 07:00 PM
Booked all three days and arranged a stand.
Ow sorry not allowed to mention the business :Censored:Oh.... grow up! :mad:

Tom
03-03-2011, 09:00 PM
Will book shortly. :)

Corabar Entertainment
04-03-2011, 07:26 PM
Had an email today which read "All the £10 rooms in the sale have now sold out, but there's still thousands more rooms from £19 a night available"

So anyone who didn't get in quick, the £10 rate is now definitely gone.

Twinspin
06-03-2011, 03:19 AM
Ill have to get this sorted out.

Up to now there will be me and my roadie Alex coming. Sean another local dj i i know might be coming as well im going to see him tommorow.

So might possibly try to get a room for maypole booked.

Shaun
06-03-2011, 10:13 AM
Up to now there will be me and my roadie Alex coming. Sean another local dj i i know might be coming....So might possibly try to get a room for maypole booked.

It might be a push to get you all in one bed. :ph34r:

Tom
06-03-2011, 03:17 PM
All booked up for Rachael and myself. :)

soundmaster mobile disco
04-04-2011, 09:17 PM
Just had to turn down a wedding booking for the saturday 2nd october tonight.Id much rather be at bpm.

If my flights & hotel were not booked and paid for then yes i would have accepted the booking.

Look forward to the dj meet once again up in reflex.

DeckstarDeluxe
20-04-2011, 04:19 PM
Oi!

Where's my lift??

I've booked the Maypole for sunday night and at the moment it looks like a goer bookings/ wedding fayrse wise ;)

Everyone staying at the Maypole then?

I've got a fayre on the Sunday so will be coming up and joining for the knees up and doing the show the following day.

Anyone wanna room share?

Excalibur
20-04-2011, 04:40 PM
Everyone staying at the Maypole then?

I've got a fayre on the Sunday so will be coming up and joining for the knees up and doing the show the following day.

Anyone wanna room share?

:zip: :D :D :D :D :D :D

( So many answers, so few printable. :( :D :D )

SC Events
20-04-2011, 07:49 PM
Anyone wanna room share?

I've booked a double bed, so no :P :D

Corabar Entertainment
20-04-2011, 07:51 PM
Anyone wanna room share?Want to share with Steve & me? :eek: :eek: :eek: ;) :D

Corabar Steve
20-04-2011, 08:03 PM
I've booked a double bed, so no :P :D
Feeling lucky Scott?

Want to share with Steve & me? :eek: :eek: :eek: ;) :DDo I get any say in this?

Corabar Entertainment
20-04-2011, 08:06 PM
Do I get any say in this?
Yes! Of course!

You can decide which bed you'd prefer - the double with me, or the sofa bed with Neil! :p :p :p :p

DeckstarDeluxe
20-04-2011, 08:21 PM
Bring hair gel Steve ;)

Charlie Brown
21-04-2011, 08:27 AM
I'm really looking forward to it. :beer1:

If I'm not banned from the forum by then that is. :o

Corabar Steve
21-04-2011, 08:52 AM
It can be arranged :sj:

Charlie Brown
21-04-2011, 09:27 AM

Please don't. :o

Excalibur
22-04-2011, 07:46 AM
Feeling lucky Scott?
Do I get any say in this?

Yes! Of course!
You can decide which bed you'd prefer - the double with me, or the sofa bed with Neil! :p :p :p :p
Steve, I'd take the fifth on this one. ;) I have a sneaking suspicion it's a trick question. :eek:

Bring hair gel Steve ;)
Errrr, Neil. I'm watching this very carefully. It is a family friendly forum after all. ;) Just be very very careful if they offer you hair gel, and it only has two letters on the container! ;) ;) I'd urge extreme caution in this case. ;) ;) :D :D :D :D :D

ian8limelight
22-04-2011, 08:16 AM
Can I just clarify which Birmingham Maypole Travel Lodge we are all talking about please :daft: ? I did a search last night and found 2 of them :o

I would very much like to be at BPM this year but do have other commitments which may impact on my attendance ;)

Corabar Steve
22-04-2011, 09:37 AM
There's only one Maypole Travelodge (or at least there was last year)

ian8limelight
22-04-2011, 09:39 AM

Must be my eyes :p , cheers handsome :cool:

Solitaire Events Ltd
22-04-2011, 09:41 AM
Must be my eyes :p , cheers handome :cool:

It must be your eyes if you are calling Steve handsome!!!!!!!!!!

Corabar Steve
22-04-2011, 09:42 AM
He's obiously seen me without the beard

funkymook
22-04-2011, 09:44 AM
Can I just clarify which Birmingham Maypole Travel Lodge we are all talking about please :daft: ? I did a search last night and found 2 of them :o

I would very much like to be at BPM this year but do have other commitments which may impact on my attendance ;)

It's not the one in Alabama :D

Solitaire Events Ltd
22-04-2011, 09:46 AM
He's obiously seen me without the beard

:D

Excalibur
22-04-2011, 09:54 AM

Steve, you're a star. I was worried.

DazzyD
06-05-2011, 11:11 PM
Well, after the last couple of years of promising myself I'll attend BPM, I've put in a day's holiday from the day job for Monday 3rd October. I've told my boss that I'll be out of the country for the weekend (a white lie but at least he'll not be tempted to coerce me in to changing my day off and working that day!) and I've been looking at booking at the Maypole Travelodge.

The room is dead easy - £19 for a double room (I'm a big lad so a big bed is called for - doubt I'll get lucky and need to share it with someone!! :( ). The option of the insured room at £40.90 isn't really an option as I can afford to lose £19 (though I've promised myself I'm not going to be losing it this year!!).

However, there is an option which has got me in two minds. Has anyone else gone for the "Breakfast Bag" option at £4.05? This seems to be a continental breakfast delivered to your door. Or does everyone else meet up for a proper Full English somewhere else? Or is anyone planning on doing both? Continental breakfasts aren't really made for the big built amongst us!! ;)

So, I haven't completed my Travelodge booking because of this dilema. As a BPM virgin, I'm interested to know what everyone else does for breakfast. Your opinions please!!

Corabar Entertainment
07-05-2011, 01:44 AM
People tend to do their own thing the following morning. Some will go off straight home, some will go back to BPM for the Monday, etc, but as for breakfast - I wouldn't bother with the Travelodge one. There's a Subway next door, and a cafe opposite (it's ringing bells that it's a supermarket cafe, but I can't remember exactly.... maybe someone else will)

It'll be great to have you there this year, and to finally meet you! :thumbsup:

DeckstarDeluxe
07-05-2011, 02:25 AM
So which members of staff are going? I'm too lazy to look in the other thread :P

DazzyD
07-05-2011, 06:54 AM
Well, that's £4.05 saved there then!!

I've been trying to book my train tickets but, apparently, you can't book more than 12 weeks in advance. I've been checking out prices to give me some idea and I can get a single ticket each way for £29 each but the cheapest not off-peak return is £170!!!

ppentertainments
07-05-2011, 07:40 AM

I've been trying to book my train tickets but, apparently, you can't book more than 12 weeks in advance. I've been checking out prices to give me some idea and I can get a single ticket each way for £29 each but the cheapest not off-peak return is £170!!!
Attend our local meetings and you should find plenty of lift opportunities ;)

DazzyD
07-05-2011, 08:04 AM

Up to now I'm not able to get on Tuesday but if future meetings are held at the same venue at least I know where it is! I used to go to Royal Mail meetings at the big RM office around the corner and it's about 20 seconds from the train station!

Richie
07-05-2011, 09:09 AM
I'm coming this year but will be leaving my wallet at home incase I get the urge to start DJing again.

Corabar Entertainment
07-05-2011, 10:06 AM

So which members of staff are going? I'm too lazy to look in the other thread :P
Well, if people don't stick their name down in the poll, it's going to be difficult to work out who's where and when. :p :p

Seriously, do get your name down if you're going so that everyone knows who to look out for.

We're really organised (so far) this year.... Even got signs printed up to post up in the bar as the 'MDD Forum Meeting Area' already!
I'm coming this year but will be leaving my wallet at home in case I get the urge to start DJing again.Why not? It'd be a nice little hobby for you, Richie :p :p :p ;)

Booche
07-05-2011, 10:28 AM
I'm still unsure weather ill be able to make it this year :eek::( due to Jo's due date is 4th October.

If not hope you all have a top time and i suppose there's always next year lol

Alex
01-06-2011, 01:39 PM
Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Ok getting worried now!
as you all know I'm going to be doing the DJEP stall again this year... so I'll be staying Saturday to Tuesday!

Evcerywhere is like £100 a night!!!

Super Quick Edit Questions: Have any of you stayed in the Maypole before? And if so... how long does it take to get to the NEC in the morning ( Bearing in mind I have to be there earlier than everyone else each day!)

Excalibur
01-06-2011, 01:51 PM
Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Ok getting worried now!
as you all know I'm going to be doing the DJEP stall again this year... so I'll be staying Saturday to Tuesday!

Evcerywhere is like £100 a night!!!

Super Quick Edit Questions: Have any of you stayed in the Maypole before? And if so... how long does it take to get to the NEC in the morning ( Bearing in mind I have to be there earlier than everyone else each day!)

Oh yuss! :( :( Psssssssst. It's not a five star rating, Alex. ;)

Travel? Autoroute says sixtreen miles, seventeen minutes. I'd reckon thirty minutes could be closer.

Penfold42
01-06-2011, 02:18 PM
I see a bad moon rising
I see troubles on the way
I see earthquakes and lightning
I see bad times today

Don't go 'round tonight
Well, it's bound to take your life
There's a bad moon on the rise

:D :D :D

Excalibur
01-06-2011, 07:01 PM
I see a bad moon rising
I see troubles on the way
I see earthquakes and lightning
I see bad times today

Don't go 'round tonight
Well, it's bound to take your life
There's a bad moon on the rise

:D :D :D

Nurse!Penfold's medication please, quickly. :D

Alex
10-06-2011, 05:16 AM
Ok... here is my plan of action (not booked yet) ... it's a bit wierd!

Saturday night - staying in the BullRing (City Centre) so I can enjoy the nightlife.. as I assume no one else is staying over at the Maypole this night???

Sunday Night - staying in the Maypole so I can party with you guys (I assume everyone is going to reflex again?)
Monday Night - returning to the bullring so I can get smashed with cheap student deals in the locals! :)

This year I will NOT be bringing the other half... he has to stay home and look after the dog! Mwah ahaha!

Corabar Entertainment
10-06-2011, 10:29 AM
This year I will NOT be bringing the other half... he has to stay home and look after the dog! Mwah ahaha!Why do you sound so pleased about that Alex? :p

Corabar Steve
10-06-2011, 10:35 AM
I assume everyone is going to reflex again?
Looks like becoming a tradition.

Solitaire Events Ltd
27-06-2011, 12:14 PM
Yay! I'm a winner (again)

I was one of the first 50 people to register and have won a pair of American DJ headphones.

Anyone want to buy a pair of American DJ headphones? :sj:

DeckstarDeluxe
27-06-2011, 12:35 PM
Just booking the hotel room now, £19! :)

Solitaire Events Ltd
27-06-2011, 12:47 PM
That much?

DeckstarDeluxe
27-06-2011, 12:50 PM
That much?

Yes, well hopefully I will use it this year and not sleep on James and Adam's floor like last time....

Corabar Entertainment
27-06-2011, 12:52 PM
Well, if you will get so drunk that you can't work out which hotel you're going to........ :p

Excalibur
27-06-2011, 01:53 PM
Yay! I'm a winner (again)

I was one of the first 50 people to register and have won a pair of American DJ headphones.Anyone want to buy a pair of American DJ headphones? :sj:

"To those that hath, it shall be given. ";) :D

Spirits High
27-06-2011, 02:03 PM
Works out pretty well for me, I booked the room ages ago on the £10 rate.

I now have a Wedding Fayre on the Sunday in Burton which is in the right direction just to carry on to Brum afterwards ;)

Couple of cheeky pints on the Sunday, BPM on the Monday, result!

Charlie Brown
27-06-2011, 04:24 PM
Can somebody sign a waiver stating that they will take full responsibility for my actions? :sj:

I am still a minor after all....

Excalibur
27-06-2011, 04:39 PM
Can somebody sign a waiver stating that they will take full responsibility for my actions? :sj:

Judging from last year's behaviour, that's still a lot more grown up than some senior forum members. :( :( :(

Corabar Steve
27-06-2011, 04:54 PM
No you're not

Excalibur
27-06-2011, 04:57 PM

I am still a miner after all....

No you're not

Oh yes he is. ;)

Gareth
27-06-2011, 10:21 PM
Is anyone going past peterbough or going down the A1? Happy to pay the petrol!

DazzyD
30-06-2011, 08:20 AM
Looking at train tickets now. Still not available for the right time but for 2 weeks before the cheapest return tickets for two of us comes in at £175! The funny thing is I can get tickets to London, one way, for £6!! :eek:

Charlie Brown
30-06-2011, 08:32 AM
Try getting the train to London and then from London to Birmingham?

SC Events
30-06-2011, 09:02 AM
If anyone is heading to Birmingham from the North on the train, and it's cheaper to stop at Tamworth or Wilnecote, I don't mind picking you up from there and then driving to the NEC.

Shippers
30-06-2011, 11:08 PM
Myself and my mate Marc will be going up on the sunday, will look forward to meeting some of you there.

Shaun
30-06-2011, 11:42 PM
Myself and my mate Marc will be going up on the sunday, will look forward to meeting some of you there.

:thumbsup: :BeerDevil:

hammy
05-07-2011, 12:45 PM
Just been talked into going so guess the beers are on me then :beer1:

Shaun
05-07-2011, 12:58 PM

I'll be sure to remind you you said that. :d

Looking forward to meeting you mate. :) :)

Corabar Steve
05-07-2011, 12:59 PM
You may live to regret saying that :sj:

Alex
05-07-2011, 04:04 PM
Sorry.... I think that was my fault hammy :)

hammy
05-07-2011, 04:27 PM
no worries Alex, I look forward to it :beer3: :beerchug:

Maypole booked lol £19 result

DeckstarDeluxe
05-07-2011, 10:38 PM
tis a good event Hammy and once again I want to point out how important it is to meet people in the flesh, so many times I've had a view of someone and changed it after meeting them.

Solitaire Events Ltd
05-07-2011, 10:49 PM
tis a good event Hammy and once again I want to point out how important it is to meet people in the flesh, so many times I've had a view of someone and changed it after meeting them.

I liked Neil before I met him...:D

DeckstarDeluxe
05-07-2011, 11:08 PM
I liked Neil before I met him...:D

lucky mine never changed of you :P xxx

hammy
05-07-2011, 11:13 PM
:D You guys are so funny ;) :D ;)

Charlie Brown
12-07-2011, 11:54 AM
Well Nottingham's Reflex has closed and re-opened as a http://www.ilovethatbar.co.uk/revivalnottingham/

Pretty decent. I enjoyed it last night.

Excalibur
12-07-2011, 12:03 PM
Well Nottingham's Reflex has closed and re-opened as a http://www.ilovethatbar.co.uk/revivalnottingham/

Pretty decent. I enjoyed it last night.

It appears to still be Reflex in Brum, but oh dear. :( :( :( :(

They've added an optional extra. :( :(

It's worrying me. :(

A lot. :( :(

Especially at £20 per hour. :( :( :(

You can prebook a Karaoke pod. Up to twelve singers. Oh dear. ;)

Charlie Brown
12-07-2011, 12:09 PM

Birmingham opening hours...!!! :( :(

Tuesday to Wednesday 9pm to 1am
Thursday 9pm to 2am
Friday to Saturday 8pm to 3am
Sunday to Monday Closed.

Alex
12-07-2011, 03:28 PM
I'll give them a call in a bit.....

And double check opening times and stuff! I'm thinking of booking a karaoke pod! LOL LOL LOL

hammy
12-07-2011, 03:46 PM
I'll give them a call in a bit.....

And double check opening times and stuff! I'm thinking of booking a karaoke pod! LOL LOL LOL

Oh yesss how awsome :D :D

Charlie Brown
12-07-2011, 03:48 PM
It says they are closed!

Excalibur
12-07-2011, 04:11 PM
It says they are closed!

Charlie, Charlie, Charlie. Whatever will we do with you? :confused: :confused:

You have been viewing this one, in Hurst Street. :

http://www.reflexbars.co.uk/reflexbirmingham/

We intend to visit this one, in Broad Street, the entertainment centre of Brum:
http://www.reflexbars.co.uk/reflexbroadstreet/

Open till 1am on Sundays.

Alex, you've not seen the MDD Glee Club in action, have you? Some of us are astonishingly bad. :o :o :o :o :o

DeckstarDeluxe
12-07-2011, 05:01 PM
Am I the only one thats got them on my facebook friends list?

They had Chesney Hawkes in the other day don't you know..... :D

Charlie Brown
12-07-2011, 05:23 PM
Ahhh, sorry Peter. :o

1.00am is quite early though!

Excalibur
12-07-2011, 07:52 PM
Ahhh, sorry Peter. :o

1.00am is quite early though!

And that dear boy, is why when the apres-show soiree ends, we move to the apres-soiree soiree. :beer1: :beer1: This one is handily placed about twenty yards from our rooms. :D

Corabar Entertainment
12-07-2011, 07:58 PM
And that dear boy, is why when the apres-show soiree ends, we move to the apres-soiree soiree. :beer1: :beer1: This one is handily placed about twenty yards from our rooms. :DWe may need to bring some camping chairs to accommodate the populace though. :p

DeckstarDeluxe
12-07-2011, 07:59 PM
We may need to bring some camping chairs to accommodate the populace though. :p

That'll go with Twinspin's Beer tent :P

Charlie Brown
24-08-2011, 07:53 AM
Okay, I've got my room sorted but when do you buy your BPM ticket? Online now or is it cheaper on the day?

Solitaire Events Ltd
24-08-2011, 10:20 AM
Online is cheaper.

Buy tickets here. (http://www.visitbpm.co.uk/tickets.php?PHPSESSID=c4ef0c12c66941fde8a5494ba451 3cea)

Charlie Brown
24-08-2011, 12:37 PM
Thanks sir.

DazzyD
24-08-2011, 01:13 PM
Buying a £10 ticket online gets you access to the full 3 days whereas it would be £15 per day if you pay on the door. Also, you get just under £30 of music downloads.

I paid for mine online on Sunday so I'm just waiting for them to arrive. Does anyone know if the music downloads is via a voucher sent out with the tickets as I've not heard anything about this by email?

Alchemy
24-08-2011, 02:31 PM
Ta for the heads up, just ordered one each for me and Mrs Alchemy.

Alchemy
02-09-2011, 05:19 PM
Flights are booked, we arrive in sunny Brum on Saturday 1st and return on Tuesday the 4th.

Looking forward to a curry or two :thumbsup:

Shaun
02-09-2011, 05:27 PM
Flights are booked, we arrive in sunny Brum on Saturday 1st and return on Tuesday the 4th.

Looking forward to a curry or two :thumbsup:

Corabar Entertainment
02-09-2011, 05:44 PM
Nice one, Steve! :thumbsup:

yourdj
03-09-2011, 09:51 AM
Attending and staying in bull ring travel lodge on sunday.
Going again on the monday at some point and working out where to stay.
Attending Derek Pengalys seminar/workshop on the Tuesday all day.

Was going to do the monday but I fear I may be a bit hung over.

i will print name badges for everyone next year too!

Give us a list and I will do just that. There were people there I talk to all the time and had no clue who they were.

Corabar Steve
03-09-2011, 10:17 AM
Attending and staying in bull ring travel lodge on sunday.

Are you too good to stay with the rest of us then?

Spirits High
03-09-2011, 10:32 AM
Give us a list and I will do just that. There were people there I talk to all the time and had no clue who they were.

And that's probably just the way they like it :D :D

yourdj
03-09-2011, 11:01 AM
Are you too good to stay with the rest of us then?

No I did not know everyone was staying there. i booked a £10 a night room and that one was the most central so it seemed a logical option :)

I stayed the for Iron Maiden the other day and its a brilliant hotel. The room was fantastic and it has a great (24 hour) bar downstairs.
Parking also for £1.50 for 24 hours round the corner :eek: It would cost you at least £10 in Southampton.

The crap hole me and alex stayed in last year was not worth £5 a night.

And that's probably just the way they like it :D :D

Tell Steve Handley that :p
I only met him on the way out and he went mental that we had not had a chat as he did not recognize me.
God knows why (a-he did not recognise me b-he would want to chat to me in the first place ;))

DeckstarDeluxe
03-09-2011, 11:34 AM
A Bar you say.........might of found our digs for bpm 2012 as the Maypole lacks many things including a bar.

Corabar Steve
03-09-2011, 11:54 AM
No I did not know everyone was staying there. i booked a £10 a night room and that one was the most central so it seemed a logical option :)

I stayed the for Iron Maiden the other day and its a brilliant hotel. The room was fantastic and it has a great (24 hour) bar downstairs.
Parking also for £1.50 for 24 hours round the corner
The decision to book Maypole was made in January & the poll has been on this thread the same amount of time.

Parking is free at Maypole & we brought our own beer. I know which I prefer.

Excalibur
03-09-2011, 03:42 PM
The decision to book Maypole was made in January & the poll has been on this thread the same amount of time.

Parking is free at Maypole & we brought our own beer. I know which I prefer.

I think it's safe to say that I'm of the same opinion as you there, Steve.