PDA

View Full Version : New deals from CD Pool!

CD Pool
06-10-2010, 10:14 AM
Hi guys,

I'm sure a few of you may have heard about this at BPM but CD Pool has some nwe offers on a selection of DJ Packs. Some of these offers are nearly half price and really are very good deals. This is a great opportunity for those people who have been considering using CD Pool as a promo service. Below are listed the new offers:

Radio, Hits and Dance Hits = £29.95 reduced from £44.85

Remix, Dance and Club = £39.95 reduced from £54.85

Club, Global and Underground = £44.95 reduced from £59.85

If anyone is interested in these offers they are all listed on our website, www.cdpool.com. However if you have any questions regarding these offers please don't hesitate to ask.

Hope you're interested!

Solitaire Events Ltd
06-10-2010, 10:53 AM
I have to say that the Ultimate Mobile DJ Pack is absolutely awesome value. Less than £30 for 3 discs and 60 brand new tracks per month? Great value.

CD Pool
06-10-2010, 11:58 AM
It is indeed great value. Are you interested?

Solitaire Events Ltd
06-10-2010, 12:01 PM
It is indeed great value. Are you interested?

Er...I already subscribe.;)

Spirits High
06-10-2010, 12:04 PM
At the moment I'm already getting Radio & Dance hits.

I did get Hits when it first came out but wasn't overly impressed.....however with this deal I've given it another go and gone for the package .

I've remembered to cancel my monthly Pro disc as well so let's hope the Hits disc is as good!

andyw
06-10-2010, 01:01 PM
we have prodisc every month, but that is a good offer so will give it a go

Megamix
06-10-2010, 01:29 PM
Had a look but the Kanye West sample was uncensored - which is surprising

CD Pool
06-10-2010, 02:44 PM
Had a look but the Kanye West sample was uncensored - which is surprising

We always provide the non explicit version when ever it is available. The labels send us the version they would like us to use. We are constantly aware that it doesn't help mobile DJs but sometimes we have to take the decision that the song is too big to not go onto the discs.

Shaun
06-10-2010, 02:51 PM
We always provide the non explicit version when ever it is available. The labels send us the version they would like us to use. We are constantly aware that it doesn't help mobile DJs but sometimes we have to take the decision that the song is too big to not go onto the discs.

This could prove to be a fatal flaw. There are several DJs I know of that have either cancelled their subscription, or decided against subscribing as they feel let down with the inclusion of explicit versions. Perhaps it would be better to just not include the track altogether, especially it it means not alienating potential customers?

Personally, I just use the dump button on my Controller to filter out the swearing so it's not really a big deal for me at all, but I know it is for certain others. I like my CD Pool subscription and look forward to it each month.

Anyway, food for thought, hopefully. Keep up the good work.

Mark Wild
06-10-2010, 02:53 PM
Be nice if the "Mobile DJ Pack" was available to download monthly.

Charlie Brown
06-10-2010, 02:59 PM

:agree:

soundtracker
06-10-2010, 03:11 PM
and expletive free!

Steve the DJ
06-10-2010, 03:36 PM
That reminds me, I forgot to cancel my subscription this month, I must get that organised!

It looks good value but on past form only about 10 - 12 tracks across the 3 discs will be useable in a mobile environment. Couple that with WAV downloads available for 99p each and there really is no financial sense in buying promo CDs like this unless you like to collect them. :shrug:

CD Pool
06-10-2010, 04:09 PM

We agree it would be great to provide a downloadable form, however, the labels prefer the use of a physical disc for pre-release material for security purposes. Hopefully, once illegal downloading issues have been resolved I'm sure downloads would become the obvious choice.

CD Pool
06-10-2010, 04:15 PM
That reminds me, I forgot to cancel my subscription this month, I must get that organised!

It looks good value but on past form only about 10 - 12 tracks across the 3 discs will be useable in a mobile environment. Couple that with WAV downloads available for 99p each and there really is no financial sense in buying promo CDs like this unless you like to collect them. :shrug:

Thats a shame that you're deciding to cancel your subscription. I'll PM you with details on how to cancel.

Solitaire Events Ltd
06-10-2010, 04:16 PM
We agree it would be great to provide a downloadable form, however, the labels prefer the use of a physical disc for pre-release material for security purposes. Hopefully, once illegal downloading issues have been resolved I'm sure downloads would become the obvious choice.

So the labels think there aren't people out there who buy the disc and then rip it and upload it to some dodgy illegal file sharing service? What nonsense.

If you don't use downloads first for pre-release, I reckon someone else will regardless of illegal downloading issues.

Mark Wild
06-10-2010, 04:18 PM

I'm not quite sure I understand the logic behind that, how does only releasing it on CD deter piracy?

CD Pool
06-10-2010, 04:27 PM
It just seems to be this way. As mentioned we would like to offer a download service in the future but as a company it is important to follow the required protection with pre-release material.

Corabar Entertainment
06-10-2010, 04:36 PM
Whilst I am not in any way doubting your experiences, how do you reconcile what the labels appear to be telling you with the labels offering the free promos to DJs for evaluation via download?

CD Pool
06-10-2010, 04:43 PM
I think this is straying from the original topic.

Corabar Entertainment
06-10-2010, 04:58 PM
True - :sorry: (A discussion for another thread, another time maybe?)

Anyway - yes.... Mobile DJ CD Pack - good value! :D

Dynamic Entertainment
06-10-2010, 06:39 PM

Thats interesting because every other mailing list im on (Eurosolutions and the like), are mving over to digital downloads to keep costs down :confused:....

CD Pool
14-10-2010, 11:10 AM
Ok this is kind of sticking to the original point but also going back to the debate here, however all of our pre-release products now come with free digital downloads.

Solitaire Events Ltd
14-10-2010, 11:12 AM
Ok this is kind of sticking to the original point but also going back to the debate here, however all of our pre-release products now come with free digital downloads.

That's great news. :thumbsup:

If possible, could you answer my emails? :offtopic: :)

Mark Wild
14-10-2010, 12:00 PM
So am I correct in thinking ALL the tracks on the CD's received by subscribers will also be sent digitally F.O.C?

Corabar Steve
14-10-2010, 12:05 PM
Fantastic news, how will it work?

Solitaire Events Ltd
14-10-2010, 12:32 PM
So am I correct in thinking ALL the tracks on the CD's received by subscribers will also be sent digitally F.O.C?

Thinking about it, I'm not sure that can be the case? It's probably a case of getting a few freebies digitally if you subscribe.

I'm sure Mr CD Pool can confirm? :)

Mark Wild
14-10-2010, 12:34 PM
Thinking about it, I'm not sure that can be the case? It's probably a case of getting a few freebies digitally if you subscribe.

I'm sure Mr CD Pool can confirm? :)

Is that what you initially thought Daz? Be nice if that was the case :)

Creature
14-10-2010, 03:25 PM
i am gonna try the mobil pack n see how we go :)

Spirits High
16-10-2010, 03:03 PM
Well I subscribed and in the process cancelled my PRO Disc subscription.

My first editions arrived this morning and the curse of the explicit track strikes again :eek: :mad:

How this one got through without even a "explicit" warning next to the track who knows.

The track in question is Enter the Ninja by Die Antwoord, if you've heard it you'll know what I mean. If you haven't then Youtube it, I won't post a link due to the nature of the lyrics!

Do you have a reply CD Pool?

Solitaire Events Ltd
16-10-2010, 03:08 PM
Not good.....but I wouldn't be playing that pile of poo anyway!!!!

Steve the DJ
16-10-2010, 03:08 PM
There is a swear word within 30 seconds of track one of that disc!

Spirits High
16-10-2010, 03:12 PM
Not good.....but I wouldn't be playing that pile of poo anyway!!!!

Nor will I but it's the principle. Surely CD Pool can't use the "it was too big a track not to include"

There is a swear word within 30 seconds of track one of that disc!

Looks like I'll be going back to Pro Disc ;)

CD Pool
19-10-2010, 03:55 PM
We are really sorry about this oversight, we have to say that there is no excuse and we will try to do better in future. We did introduce a checking process and we have made it clear to the person concerned it must be treated with the utmost seriousness. We cannot always feature the ‘clean’ versions but we must always mark the versions that feature profanities as explicit. Once again, please accept our apologies.

CD Pool

andyw
19-10-2010, 04:11 PM
We cannot always feature the ‘clean’ versions but we must always mark the versions that feature profanities as explicit. Once again, please accept our apologies.

CD Pool

why put explicit versions on most of us will not play it if it has swearing on, if you are unable to get a clean version then leave the song out and put something else on it instead, if we really feel we need an explicit song we can download it, i dont want to make the mistake of playing a song with swear words in at a kids disco or a family event which would offend people
you really need to think hard whether it is worth putting the song on the disc, i would rather 1 track less knowing they are all usable at all functions

andyw
19-10-2010, 04:29 PM
my son just walked in with this months issues, so i got him to play the 2 songs in question written in the stars(track 1) and enter the ninja(track 15) the result he just cancelled his membership really not worth the risk of carrying these cd's

COOL HAND LUKE
19-10-2010, 05:08 PM
while the record companys keep putting the explicit ones on their discs, the artists will think its fine to keep making them.

Charlie Brown
19-10-2010, 05:43 PM
while the record companys keep putting the explicit ones on their discs, the artists will think its fine to keep making them.

:agree:

Corabar Entertainment
19-10-2010, 05:51 PM
BUT (and it's a big 'but'), if the record companies want any radio airplay of the track in question, they have to provide a 'radio-friendly' version of that track as well.

Why record companies are reluctant to provide these radio-friendly versions of the tracks to DJ-Only CD producers (such as CD Pool) is beyond me :(

andyw
19-10-2010, 06:00 PM
can i ask who decides the track listing for these cd's, and what makes a track so big and important that it cannot be left out, even if it is no good to the people buying it,are your hands tied in some way as to which songs get included on these disc's or is this what you have decided is best.

CD Pool
21-10-2010, 11:09 AM
We are aware that the radio have clean versions of songs and we do ask for these versions and it is frustrating that we do not receive them. Regards to who decides the track listings we have label mangers who put together the discs. I would like to acknowledge that we do understand what you are saying however it is sometimes out of our hands when it comes to making certain decisions.

SC Events
21-10-2010, 11:55 AM
Just a quick question, I emailed CD Pool about 5 days ago asking to upgrade from the Hits & Radio Disc to the Mobile DJ Package, consisting of the Hits, Radio, Dance Hits...

I haven't had a reply and am thinking of changing my mind, especially after receiving the latest hits CD with two songs which have swearing in and are not marked :(

CD Pool
21-10-2010, 12:07 PM
Hi Scott, I have sent you a PM.

Steve the DJ
21-10-2010, 02:51 PM
Well I have called the office and cancelled but didn't get to speak to John.

As I told them, the language is an issue but the main thing for me is I am only ever using about 30% of the tracks and being mainly a Wedding jock I don't need to be so hot on upfront releases.

I like to get the best quality I can so 8 - 10 tracks a month via WAV download at 99p a time is better value for me at the moment and if I am desperate for a pre-release track I can download the MP3 from Mastermix or similar.

To be fair the guy I spoke to seemed to take everything on board and as I said to him I would use them again if they could deliver WAV quality pre-release downloads that I could buy individually.

andyw
10-01-2011, 10:14 AM
my son just walked in with this months issues, so i got him to play the 2 songs in question written in the stars(track 1) and enter the ninja(track 15) the result he just cancelled his membership really not worth the risk of carrying these cd's

not happy at the moment, my son asked me yesterday, why I was still buying these. turns out they totally ignored his request to cancel and never even replied to him, but just kept on sending them and taking the money out from paypal,(not very good accounting on his part I know) anyway I have just sent an email off to them, and told them the next payment will be the last and if they keep sending them they will not be paid for them, and they can have them back if they pay for postage, it does seem communication with cd pool is poor, i have asked them to acknowledge receipt of the email but won't hold my breath, maybe they will acknowledge it here for me

CD Pool
18-01-2011, 04:49 PM
Hi Andy please could you contact the office if your son's cancellation has not been resolved. The number is 020 8780 0612. We do apologise for the inconvenience and we shall do everything can to sort everything out as soon as possible.

Creature
18-01-2011, 04:54 PM
is it possible to have them listed in Alpabetical order ?

takes me ages to keep going thru teh track listings to find teh artist song i am after

andyw
18-01-2011, 05:28 PM
is it possible to have them listed in Alpabetical order ?

takes me ages to keep going thru teh track listings to find teh artist song i am after

thank you but it is all sorted now

Corabar Entertainment
18-01-2011, 05:38 PM
Ermmm... Andy? Did you perchance quote the wrong post there? :whistle:

andyw
18-01-2011, 07:49 PM
Ermmm... Andy? Did you perchance quote the wrong post there? :whistle:

yes sorry angela,it's been a long couple of days.

CD Pool
19-01-2011, 10:46 AM
Creature, is it the tracks on the monthly subscriptions you would like in alphabetical order or 6 pack?

On a different note, thank you all for posting so much within our section. We're sorry the communication has not been up to scratch however all your thoughts have been noted. We will strive to give the best possible customer experience possible. If anyone has any questions or queries please contact the office if you want to speak to one of us directly.

Creature
19-01-2011, 11:44 AM
On teh cds please

andyw
20-01-2011, 05:21 PM
thank you but it is all sorted now

i hope i was right, last week i was told that my account was upto date(i owe nothing and all cd's up to date with the bill),i was told that you have cancelled the account from your end and for me to cancel my payment method, which i have done, all great until today, when 2 more cd's come through:bang:
i do hope that these are cd's I have already paid for,I would HATE to receive a bill for them now

windyc
21-01-2011, 10:34 AM
Hits and Dance Hits Andy? If so, those are CDs you're owed as part of your last payment.

Hopefully that's a good thing and you can stop banging your head against the wall, though let us know if there's a problem.