PDA

View Full Version : Have I Been Done or Is This A Result?

Megamix
11-10-2010, 01:56 PM
At WHYBUYNEW my Denon DNX500 order didn’t arrive and they told me it was was damaged - and to make up for it so they are replacing it with a PPD9000

At first I thought that was a Denon but now discovered it’s a Numark.

I'm a bit concerned as it seems the PPD9000 is an old model.

Have I been fobbed off or is that a good replacement?

Vectis
11-10-2010, 02:04 PM
Not that there's much wrong with Kia cars as family runarounds, but I'd be a bit miffed if I'd ordered and paid for a BMW and a Sedona was delivered, no matter how many extra bells & whistles it was fitted with.

Reject!

STEVE HANLEY
11-10-2010, 02:07 PM
Don't know much about the 2 models in question, but if it's any like the long running fiasco I had with them over some speakers they fobbed me off with. Then yes there's a good chance mate:( :(

Megamix
11-10-2010, 02:12 PM
Thanks - its what I was thinking but needed reassurance

edit - currently being held on phone and other deals being suggested - feel i've been kidnapped for a sale - don't think I'l use these people in a hurry as they clearly feel more strongly about a deal than my needs

CRAZY K
11-10-2010, 02:38 PM
At WHYBUYNEW my Denon DNX500 order didn’t arrive and they told me it was was damaged - and to make up for it so they are replacing it with a PPD9000

At first I thought that was a Denon but now discovered it’s a Numark.

I'm a bit concerned as it seems the PPD9000 is an old model.

Have I been fobbed off or is that a good replacement?

Go with VV here, never used Denon but anecdotal evidence suggests its top quality, so never mind the scratches or dents its whats inside that matters, cant see the inside of a Numark being as good.

Solitaire Events Ltd
11-10-2010, 02:50 PM
Whybuynew also retail brand new products - I know this as I bought something which wasn't in stock and they told me on the phone.

spin mobile disco
11-10-2010, 03:18 PM
The numakr mixer has more features than the dennon and its price was more than the dennon when it was available. I would say that they have not ripped you off unless you consider the brand unsuatable.

CRAZY K
11-10-2010, 03:23 PM
The numakr mixer has more features than the dennon and its price was more than the dennon when it was available. I would say that they have not ripped you off unless you consider the brand unsuatable.

What about quality of sound Matt?

That would concern me most.

Never mind the bells and whistles--isnt that why Denon has a good reputation:confused:

Peter ( Excalibur) tells me his Denon mixer sounds much better than a previous one he owned.

Sapphire Disco
11-10-2010, 03:42 PM
I would be very disappointed if I ordered a Denon and got a Numark if they didn't ask you before they have taken liberties.
I would ask them to collect it and tell you credit card company not to pay out if they won't refund straight away.

Was it cheaper than this ?

http://www.thomann.de/gb/denon_dnx500_bundle.htm

DeckstarDeluxe
11-10-2010, 03:47 PM
Yep I'd reject.

Sorry but a company as you says is clearly more interested in the money rather than the customers needs.

I would also bet they are trying to shift these models too.

spin mobile disco
11-10-2010, 04:52 PM
Acually to be completely hones t icould not tell the difference between the dennon and nmark in sound comparisons (we are talking the better numark models though) Denon has the name but Quality seems to be the same. But yes iwould agree if I ordered a denon and a numark arrived I would cancel.

DAVESOUNDS SERVICES
11-10-2010, 05:12 PM
Id certainly reject the " Offering" but im not one for buying online .
thats why all the Disco Shops are dying!
I buy off EBay but only second hand items

Cheers

Megamix
11-10-2010, 06:20 PM
it was £279 - so Thomann deal not bad considering - but I'm just a bit hesitant about buying expensive things from Germany -
- are they tried and trusted by MDD members?
- any hidden extras like VAT or Customs Duty?

Megamix
11-10-2010, 06:21 PM

well a lot of them are online too - I do buy from both

Solitaire Events Ltd
11-10-2010, 07:17 PM
it was £279 - so Thomann deal not bad considering - but I'm just a bit hesitant about buying expensive things from Germany -

Nope - it's within the EU, so there's nothing to add on. I've bought from them before and found them to be very efficient and cheap and I've never had problems.

Others have had to send stuff back have reported it to be a fairly easy process and most of the customer service people speak English too.

And because a lot of them (not all, I might add) offer bad customer service and expensive prices.

Tony Scott
11-10-2010, 07:42 PM

I've used Thomann many times with no problems, they also do a 3 year guarantee which is better than you'd get from whybynew!!

wensleydale
11-10-2010, 08:43 PM
Nope - it's within the EU, so there's nothing to add on. I've bought from them before and found them to be very efficient and cheap and I've never had problems.

Others have had to send stuff back have reported it to be a fairly easy process and most of the customer service people speak English too.

And because a lot of them (not all, I might add) offer bad customer service and expensive prices.

Thomann are probably the most efficient disco company I have ever used- they are also very cheap and have superb customer service.

They are hard to beat.

Dynamic Entertainment
11-10-2010, 08:50 PM
Not an issue with the actual company but i think it was Shaun who had an issue with returns when the exchange rate changed and he got less back on a return than he paid :)

Shaun
12-10-2010, 12:57 AM
Not an issue with the actual company but i think it was Shaun who had an issue with returns when the exchange rate changed and he got less back on a return than he paid :)

Indeed. I was stung for quite a bit. Thankfully Thomann came through in the end and returned the difference so I wasn't out of pocket. It took quite a lot of emails and phone calls to resolve the issue though. It hasn't left a bad taste in my mouth about buying from them again, I've bought from them since, but I'd never contemplate a four grand purchase from abroad again.

Jiggles
12-10-2010, 01:03 AM
10/10 for Thomann from me. :) Just last year sent back a mixer and they happily changed it for me. FOC. It was two years old the mixer. Also with the LED par cans i had some bother with the LEDs in them a quick email and I had a new set of replacement boards. :)

Megamix
12-10-2010, 09:49 AM
Sounds like Thomann could teach some UK shops and web sites a thing or two about customer service then

DazzyD
12-10-2010, 01:04 PM
I'll be buying from Thomann very soon. I'm after the £30 Stairville LED cans as well. I'm just waiting to have a look at the new Ryger LED controller first (oh, and of course, have to wait for the new money coming through!).

Vectis
12-10-2010, 01:11 PM
I've used Thomann LOTS because their Germany-to-Isle of Wight delivery costs less than most companies' mainland UK-to-Isle of Wight delivery :daft:

Always here in 3 days max, always well packaged. Never had a problem with them and would recommend to all.