PDA

View Full Version : Virtual DJ 7 released

Solitaire Events Ltd
12-10-2010, 05:20 PM
Free upgrade for Pro users.

Looks interesting as you can have an unlimited amount of decks!

Read here. (http://www.virtualdj.com/products/virtualdj/version7.html)

yourdj
12-10-2010, 05:24 PM
Great.

Another advantage for cowboy DJ's on illegal downloads and a laptop + maplin sale equipment!

I would like to start using this software for Video but I am too happy with Itch as it has never let me down and does what it is supposed to.

Booche
12-10-2010, 05:26 PM
Had a quick play at BPM and it seems alot better more interfaces etc, just hope theres no bugs like there always is when new products are launched

Cheers Dave :)

Solitaire Events Ltd
12-10-2010, 05:29 PM
Great.

Another advantage for cowboy DJ's on illegal downloads and a laptop + maplin sale equipment!

Eh? :confused:

Gareth
12-10-2010, 05:38 PM
Eh? :confused:

I think Toby is implying that as long as there is a free upgrade available to download, someone is going to be able to hack it and post it within a week.:beer1:

Solitaire Events Ltd
12-10-2010, 05:42 PM
I think Toby is implying that as long as there is a free upgrade available to download, someone is going to be able to hack it and post it within a week.:beer1:

It's only free for people who bought the original software.

Let's stay on topic please.

Ecstatic Events
12-10-2010, 05:43 PM
@ Toby, As long as he's not implying all VDJ users are cowboys :)

Yeeeeeeeehaaa

Gareth
12-10-2010, 05:47 PM
It's only free for people who bought the original software.

Let's stay on topic please.

Sorry Darren.

Just been on the website and I see they have a free version to download anyway with certain restrictions. I'm going to give it a go now!

Solitaire Events Ltd
12-10-2010, 06:09 PM
And even more interesting is the Iremote! Still needs to be approved by Apple though.

Iremote (http://www.virtualdj.com/products/iremote.html)

Vectis
12-10-2010, 08:37 PM
Hark at fanboi here :daft: :D

Isn't it amazing what a few months with an Apple device can do to a fella? :p

Solitaire Events Ltd
12-10-2010, 09:08 PM
Hark at fanboi here :daft: :D

Isn't it amazing what a few months with an Apple device can do to a fella? :p

I use them but am not really a fan. There are loads of things that I would change about the Ipad.

Vectis
12-10-2010, 09:13 PM
There are loads of things that I would change about the Ipad.

[email protected]

Seriously. Make it eyecatching and he'll read it. He might even reply :)

DazzyD
14-10-2010, 05:53 AM
[email protected]

Seriously. Make it eyecatching and he'll read it. He might even reply :)

I knew it! All this praise for Apple made me suspicious but you really are Steve Jobs' best mate! You've even got his personal email address! ;)

Anyway, back on topic...

I'm only just getting to grips with VDJ6 still! Think I'll hold fire on upgrading at the moment so I can let others discover the bugs and then upgrade when they've all been fixed!

Vectis
14-10-2010, 10:22 AM
I knew it! All this praise for Apple made me suspicious but you really are Steve Jobs' best mate! You've even got his personal email address! ;)

Anyway, back on topic...

I'm only just getting to grips with VDJ6 still! Think I'll hold fire on upgrading at the moment so I can let others discover the bugs and then upgrade when they've all been fixed!

And (very) briefly back off topic - nah. I'm not Steve's best mate. But I have met his arch nemeses Gates and Ballmer. But that's a story for another day.

OK now back on topic - sorry :zip:

jamesh
24-10-2010, 12:19 PM
V7 seems pretty stable to me from my experience of using it so far... was running all 4 players with videos at the same time with the one deck running an auto playlist on my OODJ last night just to see if it could cope while running sonique visuals at 50% transparency, text overlay, showlogo, and SBDJ scrolling text - CPU was hitting about 85% and only went to 100% when loading another video into the player but there was not one breakup on the audio or video output.

I love the fact that you can now have 4 players - all having seperate audio outputs to the mixer and being able to mix 4 sources of video too - its a great update and seems pretty rock solid from the tests so far.

Plus it installs seperatly to VDJ 6* so if you dont like it or you find its not too stable on you machine you can go back to VDJ6

*Its always worth backing up the database files in the virtualdj folder in my documents BEFORE installing the latest version just in case!

1878blues
06-11-2010, 12:47 PM
this looks nice, will check it out when possible

jeremy knight
07-11-2010, 04:39 PM
How could anyone who has this latset software like me from Virtual DJ a cowboy

jeremy knight
07-11-2010, 04:44 PM
I have purchased the VirtualDJ 7.0 Pro and installed on my pc and working well. You say I am a cowboy.

Solitaire Events Ltd
07-11-2010, 05:44 PM
I have purchased the VirtualDJ 7.0 Pro and installed on my pc and working well. You say I am a cowboy.

Er..sorry, but what the he'll are you on about? :daft:

Silver
07-11-2010, 06:54 PM
How could anyone who has this latset software like me from Virtual DJ a cowboy

Sorry in English pretty please. :)

Corabar Entertainment
07-11-2010, 07:01 PM
Just another point.... has anyone else noticed that Jeremy has his 'homepage' on his profile as UK Disco! :eek:

:bang:

Excalibur
07-11-2010, 07:04 PM
Er..sorry, but what the he'll are you on about? :daft:

Sorry in English pretty please. :)

Is he perhaps questioning whether it has been alleged that all Laptop DJ's are :cowboy: s? :whistle:

Because, as we all know, it's not really DJ'ing if you use a Laptop, is it? Not like real DJ's who use a Cortex. :sofa:

DazzyD
07-11-2010, 10:29 PM
Just another point.... has anyone else noticed that Jeremy has his 'homepage' on his profile as UK Disco! :eek:

:bang:

That's got me a bit baffled, too.

I also noticed on his profile that we share the same birthday. Can't have anything to myself these days!!! :zip: