PDA

View Full Version : What FD announcement do you make?

yourdj
18-10-2010, 06:43 AM
Just wondering as I have harley ever seen another first dance and I always use the same thing. Goes along the lines of:

Good evening ladies and gentlemen, Can i have your attention (pause), please be upstanding - welcome to (venue) for (bride and grooms first names) wedding. I hope you have had a wonderful day. my name is Toby and I am your DJ for the night. Are you all ready for a party? (They normally say yes!).

Well before that happens its now time for first dance (pause)

so would you please give a big round of aplause (I always have them out the room if poss) for your bride and groom. (pause)

Mr & Mrs .... (Surname).

Here is a half decent one :p Not quite like above as I adapt it to suit the venue and crowd.

YouTube - YOUR DJ - MOORHILL HOUSE WEDDING DISCO.m4v

DerekPen
04-11-2010, 12:17 PM
Hi,
congratulations to you for having the courage to share this with us.

Actually performance is subjective so there is no right or wrong, good or bad way of doing what we do. What we can do is take what we do and make it more effective and dynamic.

The following is all intended to be constructive and helpful.
It is offered sincerely as advice, nothing more or less.
Congratulations on striving for excellence.

The first thing i would suggest is that you are trying to do two things at once. An introduction / welcome and an entrance by a B&G for their first dance. I would separate them.

In the video you start talking while you are walking from behind your system to the focal point you have chosen to make your announcement from.

You continue to speak even though you do not have the attention you asked for. You make a side comment to the table which reflects you are in DJ mode and not in your announcers role.

"before the entertainment starts"........is the entrance & first dance not entertaining?

The staging could be so much better.
firstly there are guests blocking the entrance.
You ask for a round of applause even though the guests have already started clapping and cheering.
There is no dynamic energy, why not have some music, or a fanfare to precede the announcement and raise energy levels.
Use a background bed of music to transition the B & g from the doorway onto the dance floor.

I hope this helps

Shakermaker Promotions
04-11-2010, 12:26 PM
I give everyone a 10 minute warning and say something like....

"Good evening Ladies & Gentlemen. I hope you have all had a great time today celebrating (for example) John & Jane's special day with them. Please have those cameras ready as (for example) John & Jane will shortly be doing their first dance in public as (for example) Mr & Mrs Smith".

Then when it comes to the moment I will say something like....

"Ladies & Gentlemen, we have come to that moment in the evening where it is time for (for example) the Bride & Groom to do their first dance".

I will have already sorted out with them in the pre-function meeting as to how they want to be announced...(for example - Mr & Mrs Smith, The Bride & Groom or John & Jane)...it's what they feel comfortable with.

As I start the music I will say "Congratulations to you both and all the best for the future" and then I will get the guests to give them a massive cheer.

soundtracker
24-11-2010, 10:14 PM
Interesting that this thread died a death and no response was made to Derek's excellent critique!

Daryll
24-11-2010, 10:19 PM
I give everyone a 10 minute warning and say something like....

"Good evening Ladies & Gentlemen. I hope you have all had a great time today celebrating (for example) John & Jane's special day with them. Please have those cameras ready as (for example) John & Jane will shortly be doing their first dance in public as (for example) Mr & Mrs Smith".

Then when it comes to the moment I will say something like....

"Ladies & Gentlemen, we have come to that moment in the evening where it is time for (for example) the Bride & Groom to do their first dance".

I will have already sorted out with them in the pre-function meeting as to how they want to be announced...(for example - Mr & Mrs Smith, The Bride & Groom or John & Jane)...it's what they feel comfortable with.

As I start the music I will say "Congratulations to you both and all the best for the future" and then I will get the guests to give them a massive cheer.

Yep , that's about the same for me as well/

Daryll

yourdj
24-11-2010, 10:27 PM
Oh good. pretty much what I say too.

I usually say are you ready for a good party and they normally go yes

So i repeat it and they then get more involved and shout it.
I then say well before that happens we need to do first dance so give a big round of applause for
your bride and groom (who are normally out of view if poss). etc.

Interesting that this thread died a death and no response was made to Derek's excellent critique!

That was probably down to my rubbish title.

congratulations to you for having the courage to share this with us.

The staging could be so much better.
firstly there are guests blocking the entrance.
You ask for a round of applause even though the guests have already started clapping and cheering.
There is no dynamic energy, why not have some music, or a fanfare to precede the announcement and raise energy levels.
Use a background bed of music to transition the B & g from the doorway onto the dance floor.
s

Cheers for that. Most my venues are country hotels so its often VERY informal and relaxed. :)

What kind of fan fair would you suggest. something like the Rocky track :).
I do not like the idea of that - sounds a bit american. The first dance is always straight after my speech.

Its not easy to make people go where you want them and especially to shut up on cue.
I know where you are coming from.

What about this one. A bit better?

YouTube - Your DJ - East Close Wedding Disco.m4v

Booche
24-11-2010, 10:33 PM
Might have to borrow ;) this for next year for the wedding i have booked.

Useally i introduce myself and then say "Ladies and Gentlemen can you please put your hands together and give a warm welcome to Mr & Mrs Whoever as they make there way to the floor for there/the first dance."

Then play the first dance and then again ask the to put there hands together for Mr & Mrs whoever.

Charlie Brown
24-11-2010, 10:53 PM

YouTube - Your DJ - East Close Wedding Disco.m4v (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPJNG2sCsuA&feature=player_embedded)

I like how you come out of the booth to speak to your guests.

If I had a SM58 wireless - I'd probably consider doing something similar.

You're either a really good Dj or your fortunate with your crowds. They always seem to be having a blast.

yourdj
24-11-2010, 11:20 PM
I like how you come out of the booth to speak to your guests.

If I had a SM58 wireless - I'd probably consider doing something similar.

You're either a really good Dj or your fortunate with your crowds. They always seem to be having a blast.

I get very good clients. as I was saying in another post. people who have money but are down to earth and just nice people.
Their friends are normally the same too. i am pretty hard on the odd idiot and they generally do not bother me again - same with the odd venue staff. :p

Did you get a set of AKG's in the end. I cannot recommend them more for the cash. I must have dropped mine ten times now and it still works!
Crystal clear sound and a nice solid feel to them, which is important to me.

http://www.imuso.co.uk/images/Legacy/Product//pA00504.jpg

Come on is there anything different I can add?

The one thing I have hardly ever done is act as MC for speeches. The best man has always nicked the mike and got on with it.
I will start doing this in future as it helps introduce me early on instead of the bloke in the corner.

DerekPen
25-11-2010, 11:26 AM
Cheers for that. Most my venues are country hotels so its often VERY informal and relaxed. :)

What kind of fan fair would you suggest. something like the Rocky track :).
I do not like the idea of that - sounds a bit american. The first dance is always straight after my speech.

Its not easy to make people go where you want them and especially to shut up on cue.
I know where you are coming from.

YouTube - Your DJ - East Close Wedding Disco.m4v (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPJNG2sCsuA&feature=player_embedded)

Toby,
I would use a traditional fanfare which is very short and loud. It will grab peoples attention and quiet them down, that's what fanfares do, and they are very British.

There is a danger in your current presentation syle that this moment, the first dance, is visually and vocally more about you than the B&G.You are inadvertantly deflecting the spotlight away from the B&G until the moment when you actually use their names. This is why I suggest that the "welcome" and the FD should be two seperate events.

You are currently using "Redundant Phrases". Less is more.
Try taking a red pen to the words that are not required. You don't need to ask for a round of applause. The audience will offer this up spontaneously if your announcement is succinct and you inject energy and excitement through your vocal inflection when making the introduction.

At our recent DJ Workshop in Newport almost all of the very experienced and talented DJs in attendance where suprised to learn that their introductions where too lengthy and lacked dynamic impact. Needless to say that they found this part of the workshop to be most rewarding.

soundtracker
25-11-2010, 11:53 AM
I use the Queen version of "The Wedding March" from Flash Gordon for my fanfare

yourdj
25-11-2010, 12:41 PM
There is a danger in your current presentation syle that this moment, the first dance, is visually and vocally more about you than the B&G.You are inadvertantly deflecting the spotlight away from the B&G until the moment when you actually use their names. This is why I suggest that the "welcome" and the FD should be two seperate events.

You are currently using "Redundant Phrases". Less is more.
Try taking a red pen to the words that are not required. You don't need to ask for a round of applause. The audience will offer this up spontaneously if your announcement is succinct and you inject energy and excitement through your vocal inflection when making the introduction..

Thanks for that. Good advice. :)
I do need to cut it down and make it more flamboyant.

I do not see any problem introducing myself?
I do not waffle as much in the two videos shown usually.
It more short and sweet.

I use the Queen version of "The Wedding March" from Flash Gordon for my fanfare

I just don't see it. I need a video or something to see it in action.
i cant see it suiting my venues at all. :confused:

Can I do it on thier entrance then? As there is always some dead space before they get in position on the floor.

soundtracker
25-11-2010, 12:50 PM
Thanks for that. Good advice. :)
I do need to cut it down and make it more flamboyant.

I do not see any problem introducing myself?
I do not waffle as much in the two videos shown usually.
It more short and sweet.

I just don't see it. I need a video or something to see it in action.
i cant see it suiting my venues at all. :confused:

Can I do it on thier entrance then? As there is always some dead space before they get in position on the floor.

Well worth you attending one of Derek's workshops then - you get the opportunity to see the difference between doing it properly, and winging it...very interesting, especially the bits regarding focal points and staging.

Shakermaker Promotions
25-11-2010, 01:12 PM
I think the advice by Derekpen is spot on.

We are not the centre of attention at the end of the day and I can understand how it may be seen as that when the DJ, whoever it may be, is out on the floor asking for people's attention but that's what a toastmaster does isn't it. He grabs everyone's attention and let's them know what's going on. I don't think it's a bad thing if DJ's like Toby want to get out there amongst the crowd at any other function, it shows confidence BUT I do think that a wedding is about no'one else other than the Bride & Groom and we should know our place really and that's behind the console.

Say what you have to say, don't overkill it and don't state the obvious. I would say the most important thing is the announcement. As I said previously, I ask the Bride & Groom in advance at the meeting as to how they would like to be announced and on a number of occasions I have been told "Blimey, we didn't really think about that".

There was an occasion last summer when I did a wedding and it had already been agreed that the Bride & Groom wanted to be announced as "Rob & Donna" so that's how I announced them. Just after I had said it and they were doing their first dance infront of their guests, I had a tap on the shoulder from one of the mother in laws who said politely "Excuse me, it's actually Mr & Mrs Denham!"...I explained that I did what the Bride & Groom wanted me to do and she said "Oh, sorry, no problem!".

DerekPen
25-11-2010, 01:20 PM
Toby,
Try this, remenber less is more.

a] make your "welcome" introduction and "Up for a party" announcement 5 minutes before the B & G first dance.

b] set the stage, organise where the B & G are going to enter from and the route to the dance floor.

c] engage the best man or bridesmades to ensure the doorway and path are kept clear and that all VIPs are in the room.

d] stay behind your equipment and play the fanfare.[Loud]
"Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome into the room your Bride & Groom, James and Sarah.........the new Mr & Mrs wilkinson!" Have a version the wedding march playing underneath your announcement and raise the volume as they walk in.

e] Fade out the wedding march as they stand on the dancefloor and introduce their song.

NB:
You don't have to use the wedding march but it does fit the occassion. I have also used "The darkness-I believe in a thing called love" or the Corus section of Madness's "It must be love". The important thing is to have an appropriate piece of music playing as they transition from the entrance to the dancefloor.

In order for this to work you need to adopt a much more authorative and dynamic vocal performance. Think of the faceless announcer who introduces X factor. The announcements and introductions are exagerated and theatrical for a reason. It grabs attention and demands a response.
I'm not suggesting you need go that far but we all need to realise that this moment is unique and demands attention to detail.This is not easy and needs to be rehearsed and practised.

hope this helps.

Javlingames
25-11-2010, 02:51 PM
Excellent derek.

Shakermaker Promotions
25-11-2010, 03:00 PM
Again, great stuff Derek.
A lot of what you have said, I do already myself, especially wherever possible, getting the Bride & Groom to make an entrance. I say to them pre-function that they may well have been in the room talking to their guests etc already but it's an important part of the whole occasion and you only do it once so it's worth making a big deal about it.

I actually made myself an intro / under the announcement mp3 using audacity which I play once I start talking. It plays as they make their way to the dancefloor and on cue, as I announce them, their first dance track starts. I think it's very professional and I prefer it this way. I'm glad that what I am doing seems to be the right thing to do. It may not be to everybodys taste but I like it.

DerekPen
25-11-2010, 03:23 PM
Shakermaker,
sorry I do not know your real name, I'm still finding my feet on this forum.

It sounds like you are indeed on the right track.

At the end of the day there are no Right or Wrong, Good or Bad, to what we do. Everything is subjective and all of us have their own opinions. The important thing is for us to be open and willing to look for change and improvement in what we do.

Randy Bartlett had the right idea with his 1% Solution series of DVDs. I would certainly recommend them to those who wish to raise their game and step outside of their comfort zone.

Shakermaker Promotions
25-11-2010, 03:38 PM
Derek, just call me Gary. I've been posting a while now and I don't know many people's real names on this forum so I wouldn't worry. It's not rudeness on my part by the way, it's just a bad memory!

I've never been one for reading literature on the subject or watching DVDs etc and would rather get tips etc from places like this. I found that watching certain others do their thing taught me how NOT to do things. I'm not perfect and I know I could be a lot more confident on the mic etc but I have never had any complaints, more compliments.

As you said, everyone will have their own way of doing things and what may work for some may not work for others. I'm quite encouraged however, in the fact that I do what seems to be (if there is a right way?), the right way.

yourdj
25-11-2010, 04:39 PM
getting the Bride & Groom to make an entrance. I say to them pre-function that they may well have been in the room talking to their guests.

I actually made myself an intro / under the announcement mp3 using audacity which I play once I start talking. It plays as they make their way to the dancefloor and on cue, as I announce them, their first dance track starts.

I am intrigued as this is something that could be improved on my end. What does it sound like?

Getting the bride and groom (usually just the bride) while everyone is chatting is a good thing IMO as I often discuss how they want the entrance (unless its discussed in the meeting) etc. I just double check everything as I have had a few people change their names/first dance etc. and not even tell me or the venue. Luckily i have asked them. :)

I'm not perfect and I know I could be a lot more confident on the mic etc but I have never had any complaints, more compliments.I'm quite encouraged however, in the fact that I do what seems to be (if there is a right way?), the right way.

Are you up for going to birmingham? We can pick you up.
May be staying over night though?

Shakermaker Promotions
25-11-2010, 04:48 PM
Thanks for the offer but I've got lots on at the moment and the missus is mega busy with her work too. We don't have that much time for eachother at the moment so I want to make the most of seeing her.

With reference to may audacity comment - Mine may appear a tad cheesy to others but I think it sounds ok. It's just wedding bells low in the mix with Madness 'It must be love' over the top of it. I have it down really low and say my bit over the top of it but it's something rather than nothing. If it finishes before they arrive on the dancefloor then I just start it again. Their first dance is already cue'd up so it's not a problem to start that whenever they make it on to the dancefloor.

Steve Skinner
12-02-2013, 09:05 PM
I vary what I say but a typical first dance announcemet will be preceded by a trumpet fanfare which will get everyone's attention.

I then (may) say "Good evening ladies and gentlemen. Today has been a day of special moments, never to be repeated and another one is about to happen as (B&G) take to the floor for the first dance of the evening. We need a big cheer and a big round of applause as they hit the floor....."

What I actually say may differ from the above but the structure will be more or less the same.

mattydj50
12-03-2013, 07:53 AM
All good stuff and it just goes to show how different people view the same subject differently. What works for one of us may not feel right for another. Within reason, there's no right or wrong way.

Back in the 80's I used to get the bride and groom up onto the stage and literally interview them before asking them to take to the floor. Something I wouldn't dream of doing now!

For the introductions, I use "Love is the message" by MFSB, an instrumental track which has a nice 30-40 second opening building to a crescendo to announce the bride and groom taking to the floor. Its also 6 minutes long so you have plenty of backup music should things not quite go according to plan.

If there are a few kids present, I get them to sit along the opposite side of the dancefloor and give a big cheer when the B&G come onto the floor. If they have confetti or the like, so much the better.

Shakermaker Promotions
12-03-2013, 08:26 AM
What I will say is this. I am glad this thread has appeared again as it was originally posted 3 years ago and things on my side have changed.
I personally am a lot more confident now.
The first dance is one of the most important things in my opinion and once it's done it seems as if it's a big relief to the Brides & Grooms.
Another thing I'd say is that it is well worth meeting the Brides & Grooms beforehand to find out what THEY want. As we know, every wedding is different. Some peoples ideas may be and generally are different to others.
I've had Brides and Grooms that don't want a big deal made of it. I've had others that absolutely love the limelight. I've had some where they don't want a first dance too.
In my experience (and I am no expert), meeting them beforehand and putting them at ease is well worth doing. 9 times out of 10 (ok, maybe less than that?) it's the Groom that is a bit apprehensive about the whole thing and wants it done and dusted so they can get on with their evening (I know that sounds a bit crude but it's true with some that I have spoken to).
I wouldn't take it for granted that they all want to be announced as Mr & Mrs.... It's interesting talking to them and asking them how they would like to be announced and it's even more interesting when the most common reply (for me anyway) is that it's something that they haven't even thought of.

Steve Skinner
12-03-2013, 08:52 AM
In my experience extrovert brides and grooms are in the minority and quite a few are really anxious about the first dance often, initially (until advised to the contrary) wanting to "get it over with" as early and quickly as possible.

An extreme example of a couple not wanting to be the centre of attention (quite difficult at their own wedding) occurred at a wedding I did a couple of weeks ago. When I met them I asked how they would like to end the evening. Would they have everyone cheering them as they went to their car or would they stay to the end for a big finale?

No. They wanted as little fuss as possible and they would probably "creep off" during the evening!

On the night the bride came to me and told me she and the groom would be doing just that in 10 minutes. She asked me to wait until they had been gone for 20 minutes then announce the fact.

I did that in as positive a way as I could. After that people began leaving and the groom's mother asked me to finish 45 minutes early!

yourdj
12-03-2013, 09:00 PM
In my experience extrovert brides and grooms are in the minority and quite a few are really anxious about the first dance often, initially (until advised to the contrary) wanting to "get it over with" as early and quickly as possible.

An extreme example of a couple not wanting to be the centre of attention (quite difficult at their own wedding) occurred at a wedding I did a couple of weeks ago. When I met them I asked how they would like to end the evening. Would they have everyone cheering them as they went to their car or would they stay to the end for a big finale?

No. They wanted as little fuss as possible and they would probably "creep off" during the evening!

On the night the bride came to me and told me she and the groom would be doing just that in 10 minutes. She asked me to wait until they had been gone for 20 minutes then announce the fact.

I did that in as positive a way as I could. After that people began leaving and the groom's mother asked me to finish 45 minutes early!

Nice to see a three year post back again ;)

I agree with people wanting it out of the way. I dont over do things much, but try and add some personalisation.
In this one she crushed her finger (probably broke it) which affected her day so I mentioned it in the first dance intro.

Skip to 30 seconds.

-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-Mc5FkjRFk

DJ Jules
12-03-2013, 09:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-Mc5FkjRFk

A little off topic, but you've got a lovely set of LED dots all over the first dance photos... :P

Julian

yourdj
12-03-2013, 09:18 PM
A little off topic, but you've got a lovely set of LED dots all over the first dance photos... :P

Julian

Looks much worse on video tbh.

I usually tend to put them up on the ceiling and drop them down later.
Its only DJ's who hate dots. :)

I had a scoot around my area the other day and chatted to 5 DJ's working.
It was pitiful to see such bad lighting all strobing and flashing all over the place, with no colour in the room itself.
from behind the booth it looked OK but in the room itself it was terrible and quite stressful or not even effective at all.

The best effect I saw out of all of those hotels was a DIY disco with two halogen i-colours.
They were flooding the room with rich colour and really looked nice. :)

Corabar Entertainment
12-03-2013, 09:58 PM
Its only DJ's who hate dots. :)Whilst I might agree with you for general disco use, I couldn't disagree more for the first dance. In fact, it was only a couple of days ago I was reading a lengthy thread on either a bridal forum or FB group where they were all moaning about bloody coloured dots all over first dance photos - WITHOUT EXCEPTION!

yourdj
12-03-2013, 11:08 PM
Whilst I might agree with you for general disco use, I couldn't disagree more for the first dance. In fact, it was only a couple of days ago I was reading a lengthy thread on either a bridal forum or FB group where they were all moaning about bloody coloured dots all over first dance photos - WITHOUT EXCEPTION!

Good point re first dance. I put them on the ceiling now.
Most photographers when i ask don't seem to care but it does look like a nuclear explosion.

Generally though its not bad when it gets going. Really adds colour/movement quite passively IMO.

DJ Jules
13-03-2013, 06:32 AM
Good point re first dance. I put them on the ceiling now.
Most photographers when i ask don't seem to care but it does look like a nuclear explosion.

Generally though its not bad when it gets going. Really adds colour/movement quite passively IMO.

I agree with you about LED effects in general, I think they're fine once you get into the disco, but if my photos/video of my first dance had showed coloured dots all over my wife's plain white dress, I'd have been cross. The same goes for cluster lasers - fine for the main show, but not for the first dance. Slowly panning moving heads or mirror scans (away from the B&G and where-ever the photographer is standing), colour wash or some other effect with gobos pointed away from the dance floor are all that should ever be used, unless you have a specifically planned and choreographed routine going on that has a big change in pace that requires more movement to emphasise the change.

In quite a few cases where it's still been light for the first dance, I have actually had zero effects on the dance floor and just projected stars or hearts onto the ceiling or the marquee lining - then I've got no chance of spoiling anyone's view by shining bright lights into their eyes or their camera lenses.

Anyway Back on Topic :D I've been following the updates on the FD announcements with interest as Mic technique has always been my weakest point. However, my script runs more or less as per everyone else's and I have also always made a point of separating my introduction from the first dance announcement (as Derek said, the focus at this point should ALL be on the B&G, not the DJ). I am going to start coming out from behind the booth to start the announcement though as I think this works well to draw peoples attention to a point, and you can then re-direct it to where ever the B&G are making their entrance (while you return to the booth to press play).

Julian

mattydj50
13-03-2013, 12:06 PM
The only lighting I use is LED PAR colour washes plus and ADJ H2O ripple effect. Then mid-way through the dance I use an ADJ Sparkle effect (looks like a mirrorball down on the floor).

Sometimes photographers ask for particular lights to be on but they will use them to create some stunning effects.

ukpartydj
13-03-2013, 01:45 PM
The only lighting I use is LED PAR colour washes plus and ADJ H2O ripple effect. Then mid-way through the dance I use an ADJ Sparkle effect (looks like a mirrorball down on the floor).

Sometimes photographers ask for particular lights to be on but they will use them to create some stunning effects.

I tend to only use Par Cans as well ... and soon I'll start using my mirror balls hopefully!

PlaySomethingGood
14-08-2013, 03:59 PM
My opinion, for what it's worth, is that there should never be any more than a hint of colour for the first dance. Maybe a very gentle pastel hue from LED pars/washes might be ok if it's in keeping with the scheme of the wedding.

Unless they have requested 'spotlight' style lighting I tend to ensure than no lighting is directed at the bride and groom. The first dance is one of the most photographed moments of the day and NO professional photographer will appreciate an excessive amount of colour (and certainly not 'dots').

If it is possible to use a mirrorball effectively for the first dance then I MAY use one otherwise the only additional lighting will be moving heads and scanners on open white (or SUITABLE gobo) either static and facing outwards from the booth or on a slow pan than just encroaches onto the dancefloor. I have a slow-pan programme but, if it doesn't suit the venue, I will revert to either static 'fanned' beams or just backlight.

Again, only my opinion. I actually (if admin doesn't mind me linking) wrote a brief article on lighting for weddings (http://www.whybuynew.co.uk/c/article-categories/lighting-guides/lighting-for-wedding-djs-a-beginners-guide.htm) (again, just my opinions).

Gary (GDK)
23-08-2013, 09:58 AM
Videographer hates green uplighting to!!!

30 mins after I start I intorduce myself and a brief outline of the evening...

Good evening ladies and gents and a very warm welcome to [venue]. Thank you for joining myself, Gary, to celebrate [B&G name] wedding. I'm going to be playing some background music for the next 30 minutes or so, then at [time] [B&G name] shall be doing there first dance. After the special moment we will shall be having something to eat. In the meantime if you have any requests please come and see me.

5 minutes before FD

Once again ladies & gents good evening and welcome. A little reminder to get those camera ready as the [B&G] first dance as Mr & Mrs [X] will be taking place in 5 minutes.

Intro to FD

Ladies & gents it's come to a very special time of the evening. Can you please give a very big and warm welcome to [Bride & Groom] name, the new Mr & Mrs [Surname] for there first dance of the evening

Most of the time Bride & Grooms don't really have a opioion on how they are introduced so I suggest the above...

Although in July the father of the groom introduced them as he wanted to do a speech but agreed with the B&G that this was a better time to do as opposed to the speeches before the Wedding Breakfast.

Solitaire Events Ltd
23-08-2013, 10:19 AM
Two things there Gary, you re making it sound like it's your function by asking the guests to join 'you' to celebrate the B&G's wedding, then after the first dance 'we' shall be having something to eat.

Gary (GDK)
02-09-2013, 06:24 PM
Thanks for the advice.