PDA

View Full Version : Venue problems

dj steady
30-07-2006, 03:28 PM
Have a venue tha i have a great many problems on a regular basis. Since the general manager has left the whole place has gone to ****..

Any work i do direct for the hotel either gets canc with no notice despite confirmations being signed or if it does go ahead its chaos because no one knows whats going on.

considering just doing direct work for venue that i organise with clients direct and i control the set/up start and finish arrangements and blowing off all the other work.....

What do you all recon i should do.....

Corabar Entertainment
30-07-2006, 03:34 PM
For precisely the reasons you mention, if we take bookings through a venue, we always get the details of the person(s) who are holding the function so that we can deal direct or at the very least we get the venue to pass on one of our questionnaires so that they can complete it. That way, you get the information straight from the horses mouth, so to speak. At best, if you are only getting info from the venue, it can be a bit of a case of 'Chinese Whispers'

paull
31-07-2006, 11:39 AM
you need to have contact details of the end client. for all the reasons already given

dj steady
02-08-2006, 07:02 PM
i do get contact details most of the time but they just refer me back to the hotel,as they are aledgedly organising it...........God help us all...!!!!!

Corabar Entertainment
02-08-2006, 07:15 PM
:sad: Never come across that problem - Poor you! :sad: