PDA

View Full Version : Benidorm 2011

Spirits High
05-11-2010, 10:03 AM
Well as the cold Winter days & nights are approaching what better time to plan our annual Networking trip.

Here's the proposal:

Venue: Benidorm :D

Date: Sunday 10th - Thursday 14th April 2011

Hotel: Sol Pelicanos (where they film the TV series)

Costs:

Hotel: Currently via Laterooms at £41.07 per night for a 2 person room inc Breakfast! Total: £164.28 Per person: £82.14

Flights: From E Mids: BMIBABY dep 0755 Sunday RTN 1435 current cost £54 OUT £21 RTN

From Bristol: RYANAIR dep 0630 Sunday RTN 1035 current cost £45 OUT £35 RTN

From Liverpool: Flts out are rotten times with late day flights only. Rtn to Liverpool on Thursday easy enough.

From Birmingham: No Sunday flight out :eek: But choice of RTN flights on Thursday.

From Southampton: No flights Sunday or Thursdays!

From Edinburgh: RYANAIR dep 0645 RTN 1115 Current cost £134 OUT :eek: £87 RTN

From London: There are various Stanstead/ Luton / Gatwick flights available.

So there you go. Hopefully that'll get the ball rolling.

As usual this is an open invite to anyone, forum member or not. If the dates don't suit then please suggest others. The reason it's slightly earlier for 2011 is that Easter falls on the weekend we went last time.

DeckstarDeluxe
05-11-2010, 11:10 AM
on it like a car bonnet :)

Happy rooming again Paul or you fancy a change?

Rowleys
05-11-2010, 11:18 AM
Hmmm would love to join you this year :D

Shaun
05-11-2010, 11:47 AM

I was gonna change your post from 'rooming' to 'spooning'.....till I remembered you both had edit capabilities too. :Laugh:

Spirits High
05-11-2010, 12:02 PM

Fine by me bloke....you're never usually there anyway ;)

I was gonna change your post from 'rooming' to 'spooning'.....till I remembered you both had edit capabilities too. :Laugh:

Indeed so just behave.

How about coming along this time Shaun?

Shaun
05-11-2010, 12:11 PM
The trip falls on my birthday, so cant see the wife being happy if I ship out.

Will try work my magic though. :d

Alex
05-11-2010, 03:51 PM
I'm going to black out the dates in my calendar and give myself a holiday me thinks...... so here is my plan of action to match the dates paul suggested :)

I'm going to fly out on friday 8th ..... and fly back on friday 15th..... FROM BOURNEMOUTH or SOUTHAMPTON!

I'll be staying at the Carlos V Apartments (Which sleeps upto 6... but handles 4 people comfortably... there is a sofa bed incase people snore too LOL)

If anyone wants to share with me, it's £50 for the week!!!! (£200 total based on 4 people sharing)
You just need to sort your flights out from wherever you are flying from!

If you are interested, either PM me ... or text me 07525 645750.

Spirits High
06-11-2010, 08:39 AM
UPDATE TIME:

This is definately happening with the majority going Sun-Thurs.

So far there's 7 definates and rooms have been booked already. If you are booking the hotel then go via their website as it's slightly cheaper and also you don't have to pay until you get there :D

http://www.solmelia.com/hotels/spain/benidorm/sol-pelicanos-ocas/home.htm?idLang=en&idPrm=BUS002&idONg=GOU&idNom=SolPelicanosOcas&gclid=CJOLqcbyi6UCFWL92AodvyUBPA

Leicester Ben
06-11-2010, 05:11 PM
I am looking forward to this, they are always great trips, good for networking and drinking, and making a fool out of yourself when drunk (unless thats just me).

Will be good to catch up with the people from last year and hopefully get some new people also.

These really are a great way to learn new things, get good contacts, share ideas and just generally get drunk, have a laugh and do karaoke!!!!

Alex
06-11-2010, 09:36 PM
Ok, so at the moment I have coming with me :

Adam - My roadie and other half
Graham - My childrens entertainer

I have space for one more person if they want to share with me and the lads.
It's twin rooms... and there is also a very comfy sofa in case of snoring!!! LOL

It's £50 for the room... and you need to sort your flights out.
I'm staying in the room from Friday 8th to Friday 15th... but obviously if you just want to use it for ... sunday to thursday or monday to friday... etc.. thats fine too.

PM or Text me on 07525 645750 if you want to share with us.

DeckstarDeluxe
07-11-2010, 01:20 AM
I am looking forward to this, they are always great trips, good for networking and drinking, and making a fool out of yourself when drunk (unless thats just me).

Will be good to catch up with the people from last year and hopefully get some new people also.

These really are a great way to learn new things, get good contacts, share ideas and just generally get drunk, have a laugh and do karaoke!!!!

Well said that man. I went on the cala bona one last year without knowing anyone going and out of it I've got some very good contacts. Also some pretty awesome nights out.

Spirits High
07-11-2010, 01:22 AM
I'm all booked.

Flights: Done!

Hotel: Done!

Liver & Kidneys: Warned :D

Can I just add due to the nature of the Networking this is for over 18's only

Alex
29-12-2010, 08:25 PM
Just thought I would bump this thread up again... to remind people! :)

I'm all booked... my apartment holds six people... I'm bringing my other half and two of his girlfriends (My kids entertainer backed out) .... so they can keep them self amused while I'm off out and about! :D

And don't forget... book before the new year to avoid extra charges and vat rises! :) hehehe

Also... I'm going for 10 days!!! I'll be there from Wednesday 6th to Friday 15th ..... PARTYYYYY!!!!!

yourdj
30-12-2010, 01:36 AM
Hi Alex.

I may be up for this.
I have a gig on the 8th but any date from then till 14th a goer.

Adam & Ania = shopping
me and you = drinking

:beer1:

Leicester Ben
30-12-2010, 11:02 AM
This holiday will be a good laugh as always - I'm looking forward to it!

Spirits High
30-12-2010, 11:05 AM
This holiday will be a good laugh as always - I'm looking forward to it!

Especially after watching the Xmas special on Boxing day! Poor old Mel (Although I was wondering how they'd get round that bit)

Charlie Brown
30-12-2010, 11:05 AM
Especially after watching the Xmas special on Boxing day! Poor old Mel (Although I was wondering how they'd get round that bit)

Huh?

Has he died in real life?

Spirits High
30-12-2010, 11:37 AM
Huh?

Has he died in real life?

Er.....Yes, back in July!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2010/07/03/benidorm-s-mel-71-dies-after-virus-115875-22378565/

Spirits High
31-01-2011, 12:27 PM
Right folks, The Big B is rapidly approaching. There's still time to get booked in if you want to come along. Links to hotels and flights are in this thread.

Can we do some confirmations on attendance?

I'll start:

Spirits High (Paul):

Flight & hotel Sol Pelicanos booked. Arr Sunday 10th April Dep Thursday 14th Flying from E Midlands.

Leicester Ben
31-01-2011, 12:36 PM
Can we do some confirmations on attendance?

I'll start:

Spirits High (Paul):

Flight & hotel Sol Pelicanos booked. Arr Sunday 10th April Dep Thursday 14th Flying from E Midlands.

Leicester Ben (Ben):

Really looking forward to this, its always a great trip!

jamesh
31-01-2011, 12:41 PM
Sadly i'll be living in a caravan clowning around by then so will have to skip this one :( but the end of September is looking good if another one is planned :)

lisashacks
31-01-2011, 03:42 PM
Hey all is it just for the boys or can anyone come?

DeckstarDeluxe
31-01-2011, 03:43 PM
Funds are tight so going to be a last minute yes or no from me.

Spirits High
31-01-2011, 03:55 PM
Hey all is it just for the boys or can anyone come?

Open to anyone who would like to come along ;)

You know you'll love it when you get there, so get that ticket bought :D

Alex
31-01-2011, 05:15 PM

No excuse... I've managed to get 9 days for £150 !!!!! :D :D :D
Check out the cheap airlines... and check out the Self Catering apartments! Cheap as chips!! :)

:beer1: :beer1: My declaration of attendance and information :beer1: :beer1:

I officially confirm that I will be there and below is my details!

I will be leaving here on Wednesday 6th April
I will be flying home on Friday 15th April.

I will be staying at Carlos V Apartments
Link for directions from Sol Pelicanos :
http://www.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Calle+Gerona&daddr=Calle+Gerona&hl=en&geocode=FbUETAIdpFb-_w%3BFb4HTAIdgUD-_w&mra=ls&sll=38.535377,-0.114069&sspn=0.014133,0.033023&ie=UTF8&z=18

I will be bringing Adam ( Other Half ) and two female friends called Steph and Ange.I'll spend a few days with them but when you guys get over here... I'll dump them! LOL

I will have internet access while I'm there so if you want to message me, you can either message me on here.... or you can TEXT/CALL ME....
Mobile number is 07525 645750

As we are staying in an apartment which has tables and chairs, along with sofas and a kitchen... I'll be doing Breakfasts :daft: :daft: :daft:
Anyone fancy going to see STICKY VICKY?? :D Made me scream last time! LOL

We should set up a facebook group or page... so we can post updates and photos and what not too

:D :D :D

Alex
01-02-2011, 09:01 PM
Carrying on from the facebook comment I made....

I've set up the following website:

http://www.benidorm2011.me/

On there, you create a profile and link together like a social network! But I thought it would be a great place to share pictures, information and what not :)

I'll turn on Video Uploads soon too.

For people who haven't been to Benidorm before, I'm going to post some information about the place too.
Got some maps to upload and other bits... if anyone wants to help me with the site let me know and I'll set you up as an admin.

Alex
28-03-2011, 07:58 AM
Whoooppp Whoooppp... just over a week to go :) So can not wait!!!

Takeiteasy
28-03-2011, 03:50 PM
Seems like you guys are going to have some fun out there lol
I'll keep my eye on this for next year.....

Alex
28-03-2011, 04:22 PM
Right guys...

Just to give you all a heads up... there are some fantasticly cheap offers going!

http://www.travelsupermarket.com/holidays/details/110328162044100002/238473

You can stay for 4 nights including flights for just £103 per person!!

For those of you who say " Ohhh I can't afford it "... thats probably one weekends beer money for some! So use it to come out there with us! :D

axeman
28-03-2011, 04:53 PM
I'm looking to book up with a friend of mine but will be from the weekend before as i have a few gigs i need to be back for while you lot are away, but will overlap with you Alex by a few days and would love to meet up.

only two of us and its a nightmare trying to organise ...lol

Alex
28-03-2011, 05:29 PM
Wicked :) ... My mobile number is plastered everywhere so let me know if you do come over :)

axeman
28-03-2011, 06:14 PM
coolio - will do..

axeman
01-04-2011, 03:50 PM
couldnt get it together for benidorm, so im off to tenerife on Sunday instead, have a great time - enjoy it !!

Alex
02-04-2011, 12:46 AM

For those who are coming to Benidorm... here is the latest weather for you :)
http://uk.weather.com/weather/10day-Benidorm-SPXX0165

Currently it's SUN SUN SUN... averaging around the 24 and 25 degrees area!!

If you need Sun factor... get down to asda... they have some really good own brand stuff for £1.50 (ON SALE!!)
I've picked up factor 30, 15 and 10 in spray form!!

Also if you need euros, I would hold off for the minute as the euro drop a fair bit today! :(

Spirits High
05-04-2011, 11:07 AM
Well , only a few days before some of us go on the annual "Networking" trip.

I emailed the hotel with reference numbers to try and get rooms near eachother as it's a pretty big hotel.

Got a reply this morning and ran it through some translation sites which can be quite hit or miss.

The first one translated the first sentence as:

"in the first place, we want to thank that they have elected our Gray-haired-Gooses Sun Hotel "
:daft: :D :D :D :D :D :D

hammy
05-04-2011, 12:04 PM
"in the first place, we want to thank that they have elected our Gray-haired-Gooses Sun Hotel "
:daft: :D :D :D :D :D :D

Please remember some pictures of these geese

Alex
05-04-2011, 12:20 PM
I'm taking my lappy and will have internet access the whole time ... so I'll be regularly uploading pictures!

If you want to add me as a friend to see these feel free http://www.facebook.com/alextaylor1983

In 24 hours, I'll be there on the beach soaking up the sun with my sangria in the other hand :) Yumyumtumtumyumyumyum

WEhoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo can't wait now! :)

Alex
08-04-2011, 07:50 PM
well guys and girls... it is that hot I've burnt all over from just 2 hours sun bathing!!!

Make sure you bring your sun block!!!

hammy
09-04-2011, 06:47 AM
well guys and girls... it is that hot I've burnt all over from just 2 hours sun bathing!!!

Make sure you bring your sun block!!!

and its 21 degrees here in Eastbourne so I`m not too jealous :D

Alex
16-04-2011, 01:56 AM
Well guys and girls....

We're baaacccckkkk!!!! :) and what a holiday it was ( sorry I mean networking trip)

As most of you know I arrived 5 days before everyone else so had 5 nights to prepare my liver hehe!
On the 8th night of being there I realised I was NOT 18 anymore!

BLurghhhhhhhhhhh

Best bit was the KFC at the bottom of our apartment! Yum Yum Yum :)
I can actually swear that I have put on JUST under 1 stone in 10 days! Thats freaking scary! :whome::whome::whome:

So it's diet diet diet for me..... for the next 6 weeks!

Sunshine was awesome... company was awesome! ROLL ON NEXT YEAR! :)

Of course, karma has mysterious ways.......upon return of such a fantastic 10 day trip I have SO SO SO much to catch up on work wise and I unfortunately returned to some devastating news :cry::cry: :cat: :cry::cry: ( see the MDD chat folder )

I want to say a massive thanks to Paul, Barry, Jeff, Dan, Steve, Jeff and Ben for making the trip a wicked time though.

Same time next year lads????