PDA

View Full Version : I am veering toward Pcdj red

Daryll
05-11-2010, 08:27 PM
I have been using Ultramixer pro for 18 months , don't get me wrong , it`s a great piece of software , but with one really annoying fault.let me explain...

Ultramixer uses the familiar two deck approach , with a separate playlist for each deck , so we have the following.

Deck 1 Deck2

Song 1 Song 2
Song 3 Song 4
Song 5 Song 6

you get the picture , so as song one ends , the second deck start up ( using automix , )with song 2 , then deck 1 loads the next song , in this case song 3 , here lies the problem , more than often deck 1 will skip a track , so in the above example ,instead of track 3 loading in deck 1 , in fact ,track track 5 loads , It`s annoying if you have a six song set of say motown , if deck 1 skips a track , a song from a totally different genre would "push" in up the playlist<I have contacted the support site , but with no avail , so I am at the end of my "honeymoon" period with this software.
So to use what?.

I have download a demo of PCDJ red , first impression are good , but I wondered if any one here has had experience of this software , I have tried the usual suspects , Traktor, VDJ etc , sorry , they may be popular and fine software , but not for me , if push comes to shove , I still have Sam pary dj , great software , but dated interface :(

Cheers

Daryll

deltic
05-11-2010, 09:36 PM
if you have tried the popular ones,did you try OTS,a friend of mine has been using it for a few years as main playout and swears by it

Daryll
05-11-2010, 11:41 PM
No , not yet , I`ll download it and give it a try..

Cheers

Daryll

Rowleys
06-11-2010, 09:04 AM
i swear by virtual DJ. it does everything and more :D

TONYTIGER
06-11-2010, 09:10 AM
I have been using Ultramixer pro for 18 months , don't get me wrong , it`s a great piece of software , but with one really annoying fault.let me explain...

Ultramixer uses the familiar two deck approach , with a separate playlist for each deck , so we have the following.

Deck 1 Deck2

Song 1 Song 2
Song 3 Song 4
Song 5 Song 6

you get the picture , so as song one ends , the second deck start up ( using automix , )with song 2 , then deck 1 loads the next song , in this case song 3 , here lies the problem , more than often deck 1 will skip a track , so in the above example ,instead of track 3 loading in deck 1 , in fact ,track track 5 loads , It`s annoying if you have a six song set of say motown , if deck 1 skips a track , a song from a totally different genre would "push" in up the playlist<I have contacted the support site , but with no avail , so I am at the end of my "honeymoon" period with this software.
So to use what?.

I have download a demo of PCDJ red , first impression are good , but I wondered if any one here has had experience of this software , I have tried the usual suspects , Traktor, VDJ etc , sorry , they may be popular and fine software , but not for me , if push comes to shove , I still have Sam pary dj , great software , but dated interface :(

Cheers

Daryll

I have used Red on my oodj back up system for many years very simple and utterly reliable.

Sapphire Disco
06-11-2010, 09:19 AM
I prefer the old red to the new one but apparently the old red doest work properly on anything beyond XP IE Vista & Windows 7.

mattydinx
31-12-2010, 03:16 AM
I prefer the old red to the new one but apparently the old red doest work properly on anything beyond XP IE Vista & Windows 7.

I Just installed Red 5.2 on my Windows 7 machine to re-do my recordlists and it seems to work fine. Slight delay on the keyboard shortcuts, but that may just be my keyboard (Logitech Bluetooth MX5500)