PDA

View Full Version : Web site booking forms

Jiggles
02-08-2006, 07:44 PM
Could anyone give me the script for a website booking form (so i can modifie it to suit me) and the pice of script required to stop hoax bookings.

GrahamH
02-08-2006, 09:48 PM
Could anyone give me the script for a website booking form (so i can modifie it to suit me) and the pice of script required to stop hoax bookings.

I use the coffeecup form builder. You can set up a form that fits your needs.
More info HERE (http://www.coffeecup.com/form-builder/)

Jiggles
02-08-2006, 09:50 PM
Did you use the free version

BeerFunk
02-08-2006, 09:58 PM
Do you have a CGI script enabled server for your webspace? If not, try responders.com - I used to use them :)

Jiggles
02-08-2006, 10:32 PM
the only thing i dont like about responders is that it goes to a diffrent website but it ill have to do

BeerFunk
02-08-2006, 10:50 PM
the only thing i dont like about responders is that it goes to a diffrent website but it ill have to do
Yes, it does, but what I used to do is make it open the form in a new window. Then when the form was completed and sent, it returned the user to a page specified by me. Also, I edited the HTML code of the form so that all you could see on my page was the button, with 'Make Enquiry' on it :)

Jiggles
02-08-2006, 10:52 PM
i wish i could do that but im a novice at codeing

BeerFunk
02-08-2006, 11:08 PM
i wish i could do that but im a novice at codeing
It's not too hard really, just changing a few things here and there. The only thing you can't change is the 'button' code and the url link code.

To get a window to open in a new window, use :

<a href="www.whatever.co.uk/whatever.html" target="put anything here!""></a>

Jiggles
02-08-2006, 11:10 PM
where would i put that????????

BeerFunk
02-08-2006, 11:30 PM
Try this code, Callum :)

You'll need to change the bits in bold to suit you.

<!-- START RESPONDER LINK CODE -->
<center><table border="0" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="1" bgcolor="Black"><tr></form><td><form action="http://www.responders.com/respond/form.asp" method="POST" target="ext">
<input type="Hidden" name="FormID" value="email address here_05263-067860"><input type="Hidden" name="FormTitle" value="put email title here (title of email which will be sent to you on completion of the form)">
<input type="Hidden" name="FormSendTo" value="email address here"><input type="Hidden" name="FormSendCC" value=""><input type="Hidden" name="FormSendBCC" value="">
<input type="Hidden" name="FormSuccessPage" value="put page user is redirected to, after sending the form, here"><input type="Hidden" name="FormEmailQuestion" value="2"><input type="Hidden" name="FormEmailField" value="Q: What is your Email Address?">
<input type="Hidden" name="FormInstructions" value="Please fill in these details, and I will reply ASAP!"><input type="Hidden" name="FormButtonLabel" value="Submit Message">
<input type="Hidden" name="FormQuestionList" value="1|What is your Name?|T30|||:||2|What is your Email Address?|T30|||:||3|What is your Phone Number(s)?|T30|||:||4|Please leave any questions/comments etc here|M10|||:||">
<input type="Hidden" name="RespSubject" value=""><input type="Hidden" name="RespMessage" value="">
<A HREF="http://www.responders.com"></a><table border="0" cellspacing="4" cellpadding="4" bgcolor="Black"><tr><td align="CENTER">
<br><br><input type="Submit" name="submit" value="put whatever you want on the button here"><br>
</A></td></form></tr></table></td></tr></table></center>
<!-- END RESPONDER LINK CODE -->

Jiggles
02-08-2006, 11:32 PM
thank you