PDA

View Full Version : Class D CD15 bin

Daryll
07-11-2010, 09:01 AM
Because I have now bi-amped my sound system , and I have not finished building the sub . I have been using a Class D CD15 bin ( just the one) , however yesterday I remover the internal crossover from the bin , and ran it from a berry ep2500 , 30hz High pass filter and rolled off at 130hz to the tops , the sound of the bin was improved no end , so its worth a go if you are considering a bi-amp rig.

Daryll

Excalibur
07-11-2010, 04:48 PM
Because I have now bi-amped my sound system , and I have not finished building the sub . I have been using a Class D CD15 bin ( just the one) , however yesterday I remover the internal crossover from the bin , and ran it from a berry ep2500 , 30hz High pass filter and rolled off at 130hz to the tops , the sound of the bin was improved no end , so its worth a go if you are considering a bi-amp rig.

Daryll

The quality of the crossover in the Class D subs is errrrrrrrrr "Legendary". ;) ;) ;) You are confirming what others have said.

I keep considering removing mine, but never get round to it.

ppentertainments
07-11-2010, 04:50 PM
I keep considering removing mine, but never get round to it.
Worth doing peter, especially with yourself having such a finely tuned ear :D

Excalibur
07-11-2010, 04:56 PM
Worth doing peter, especially with yourself having such a finely tuned ear :D

Eh? Pardon?

notroubleclubber
08-11-2010, 06:08 AM
I keep meaning to do this too as one of my Class D crossovers has gone faulty too. However work has dried up so not in a rush at the mo. (I have a full time job too so not worrying too much!)