PDA

View Full Version : The DFB Sound & Light Open Night 15th November

Twinspin
08-11-2010, 02:39 PM
I missed it last year but im going this year.

http://www.soundlightuk.com/shop/pages/DFB-Open-Night.html

its in nottingham.

I quite fancy a laser. Ive been toying with the idea for about 2 years. So will be on the look out for one.

is there anyone else going to this ???

Spirits High
08-11-2010, 02:52 PM
I got the flyer when my pro mobile arrived this morning.

Might go along.

Booche
09-11-2010, 05:19 PM
Will now be going thanks to a VERY generous member ;)

Thankyou Paul :D

Cheers Dave :)

Charlie Brown
09-11-2010, 08:26 PM
I'd go if it was a beer and curry affair.

I'm not really a tech geek. I'd probably go and be conned into buying a rubbish ear piece. :p ;)

Twinspin
09-11-2010, 08:58 PM
Up to now there isnt any plans to have a drink somewhere afterwards. But im sure if someone sorts this out it might be do-able. Im not going to plan this because it depends on what everyone else wants to do.

if everything goes to plan some of the East Yorkshire crew will be making an appearance.

Peter (Excalibur)
Simon (Simon Cowey Soundscapes)
Stu (djpapastu)
Martin Wilkinson
Myself (Twinspin)

From the east midlands (as mentioned above)

Booche (Dave Booche)
Spirits High (Paul)

Leicester Ben
10-11-2010, 11:20 PM
I am going to head up to this on Monday, there is a pub not far away that I'm sure we can go to :)

Twinspin
10-11-2010, 11:35 PM
I did a bit of research on the pubs near dfb and the nearest one to dfb is a Marstons pub called The Limekiln.

Im sure that was the pub me Excalibur and Penmare went in after the open night. Nice little pub.

PS MUST NOT DRINK THE BULMERS this time. It made me pee like a racehorse on the way back :D :p

Excalibur
11-11-2010, 06:22 AM
I did a bit of research on the pubs near dfb and the nearest one to dfb is a Marstons pub called The Limekiln.

Im sure that was the pub me Excalibur and Penmare went in after the open night. Nice little pub.PS MUST NOT DRINK THE BULMERS this time. It made me pee like a racehorse on the way back :D :p

I'd be surprised if it wasn't. Also on the same site, a chippy, a Chinese, a Pizzeria and a petrol station. All human life contained therein. :D

Twinspin
11-11-2010, 12:35 PM
I'd be surprised if it wasn't. Also on the same site, a chippy, a Chinese, a Pizzeria and a petrol station. All human life contained therein. :D

A DJ's life contained therein you mean :D

soundscapes
13-11-2010, 10:07 AM
what time does everyone from east yorkshire finish work so i can work out a pick up list and times since im being the designated driver ?

djpapastu
13-11-2010, 02:04 PM
I should be ready for 4:30, shall I come to yours as soon as i'm done? Any ideas what time you're thinking of setting off yet?

Excalibur
13-11-2010, 03:16 PM
what time does everyone from east yorkshire finish work so i can work out a pick up list and times since im being the designated driver ?

Any time you like, Des. ;) :D :D :D I don't think I'll be the limiting factor, since you're picking me up last, hopefully.

Twinspin
13-11-2010, 03:58 PM
Ive been in touch with Simon.

so heres the plan.

Stu: If you go down to Simons house it means we could get on the road quicker there.

Ill go down to Martins house (Martin lives just before the A1079) on Beverley Road and Simons going to pick me and Martin up from there and then pick Peter up on the way there. If you can be ready by about 5pm Peter.

Ill call you on the way there so you know we are nearby or if we get a little bit lost :D

Get Me A DJ
14-11-2010, 12:42 PM
get the impression nobody wants me to tag along :(

Excalibur
14-11-2010, 01:41 PM
get the impression nobody wants me to tag along :(

Ask John. I think there's a spare seat still. :confused: :confused: No vetos in place, as far as I know.

soundscapes
14-11-2010, 05:05 PM
all welcome, small contribution for fuel welcome :). pm myself or john if you want picking up. still 2 spaces left on the battle bus.

peter - were not picking martin up til gone 5 so will be nearer 6 by the time we get to you as we will have to battle through rush hour.

soundscapes
14-11-2010, 05:06 PM
peter, can you pm me your address pls.

Twinspin
14-11-2010, 10:19 PM
Ive had an update from Martin tonight he's definetely coming. So im going to get to Martins house for Half past 4.

Kev you heard Simon in his post above. You're more than welcome to come with us. I know everyone else. So it will be nice to meet you if you wanna come.

Charlie Brown
14-11-2010, 10:35 PM
Have a good one folks!

Don't spend too much money and have a :beer1: on me. :approve:

Corabar Entertainment
14-11-2010, 10:39 PM
Have a good one folks!

Don't spend too much money and have a :beer1: on me. :approve:You've sent over the money to pay for a round for them, Charlie? :eek: :eek: :eek:

soundscapes
15-11-2010, 09:14 AM
You've sent over the money to pay for a round for them, Charlie? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Jolly nice of him :D

spin mobile disco
15-11-2010, 10:54 AM
Was tempted to go to this but a bt far to bother going on my own. Plus I will only spend money I dont have :)

Get Me A DJ
15-11-2010, 11:00 AM
hum tempted :D
I was only joking about coming Jon, and thanks for the phone call though, it was nice having a natter with you, sorry I had to cut it short (I had DHL at the door) :)

Excalibur
15-11-2010, 04:13 PM
You've sent over the money to pay for a round for them, Charlie? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Jolly nice of him :D

Thanks Charlie, I've been in touch with the Malt Kiln, and you can ring in your card details to cover the round, no problem. Very civil of you. :beer1: :beer1:

Spirits High
15-11-2010, 04:24 PM
Thanks Charlie, I've been in touch with the Malt Kiln, and you can ring in your card details to cover the round, no problem. Very civil of you. :beer1: :beer1:

Can't believe he's not going to be there in person. You won't get a meet up closer than ths one!!

I mean how often are you going to get a network meeting 4.5miles and approx 12 minutes from your house :confused:

DeckstarDeluxe
15-11-2010, 04:33 PM
Seriously Charlie these events are worth going to! I couldnt of gone full time and make money without such events and this forum.

Excalibur
15-11-2010, 04:41 PM
Can't believe he's not going to be there in person. You won't get a meet up closer than ths one!!

I mean how often are you going to get a network meeting 4.5miles and approx 12 minutes from your house :confused:

Ah. So no need for the security number of his card then, we'll just nip round for a crisp twenty pound note, then. :D :D :D :D

Leicester Ben
15-11-2010, 04:59 PM
Are you coming up Neil, if so I'll meet you for a pint in a bit ;-)

DeckstarDeluxe
15-11-2010, 05:05 PM
Are you coming up Neil, if so I'll meet you for a pint in a bit ;-)

Can't fella, footy training tonight! Gotta get that beach body ready for the dorm!

Charlie Brown
15-11-2010, 05:06 PM
I've not even left work yet!

Bulwell is the other side of town for me. £20 one way in a taxi? I'm tired too and in a suit!

Solitaire Events Ltd
15-11-2010, 07:11 PM

Bulwell is the other side of town for me. £20 one way in a taxi? I'm tired too and in a suit!

No buses in Nottingham then?

wensleydale
15-11-2010, 07:15 PM

And it's 6.06pm? You need to check on the European working hours directive.

Why do I suspect you're not taking too well to the 9-5 (or 6) lifestyle Charlie?

Charlie Brown
15-11-2010, 07:18 PM
And it's 6.06pm? You need to check on the European working hours directive.

Why do I suspect you're not taking too well to the 9-5 (or 6) lifestyle Charlie?

I like it but I'm finding it challenging to adjust. Today I got there at 8.45am and left at 6.10pm. 25 minute break tops? Admittedly, I wasn't working ALL the time but it's still a long day.

wensleydale
15-11-2010, 07:23 PM
I like it but I'm finding it challenging to adjust. Today I got there at 8.45am and left at 6.10pm. 25 minute break tops? Admittedly, I wasn't working ALL the time but it's still a long day.

But still managed to post 9 times at various times throughout the day eh Charlie?
Flat out Mr Brown!!!

Charlie Brown
15-11-2010, 07:24 PM
But still managed to post 9 times at various times throughout the day eh Charlie?
Flat out Mr Brown!!!

:lol:

Of course. ;)

Twinspin
16-11-2010, 12:34 AM
Ok guys the aftermath.

djpapastu - won the raffle star prize (wharfedale active speakers)
getmeadj - won a Lanta g50 laser.

Altogether the following of us was there.

Myself
Simon Cowey
Stu (djpapastu)
Kev (Getmeadj) - nice to meet you Kev.
Martin Wilkinson
Peter (Excalibur)

from the Midlands
Dave Booche - Nice to meet you dave after talking to you on messenger nice to put a name to a face.

Paul Spirits High - I met Paul at the djshownorth but it was nice to meet you again Paul.

Ben - I didnt see you there.

down to the lights.

The Lanta Barracuda laser looked a really nice piece of kit, A blue laser as well i think that was from laserworld looked very good and was sold dirt cheap
i didnt come back with a laser myself as its the smoke restriction that put me off with that.

Wharfedale were there demoing their speakers as well.

Booche
16-11-2010, 12:50 AM
Was good meeting the new faces etc but over all there was only 1 laser that had Myself, Ben and Paul looking at it more lol (cant remember the name tho) lol

Over all it was a VERY COLD night and stood around waiting wasn't good lol

Think the only thuing that took my liking was the LED ADJ Gobo Projector but they were saying "Oh its at a discounted price of £99.00" even tho DiscoWorld are doing the exact same light at the exact same price lol

Will hopefully be going next year if i remember lol

Thanks loads to Paul for the lift there and back :)

And Charlie you managed to save a few quid on the bar bill ;)

Corabar Steve
16-11-2010, 08:07 AM
Think the only thuing that took my liking was the LED ADJ Gobo Projector but they were saying "Oh its at a discounted price of £99.00" even tho DiscoWorld are doing the exact same light at the exact same price lol
Funnily enough, we were looking at that yesterday (elsewhere obviously) too, forgot to look at the price.

EDIT: Just looked on their site, £99.00

Get Me A DJ
17-11-2010, 09:41 AM
Ok guys the aftermath.

djpapastu - won the raffle star prize (wharfedale active speakers)
getmeadj - won a Lanta g50 laser.

Altogether the following of us was there.

Myself
Simon Cowey
Stu (djpapastu)
Kev (Getmeadj) - nice to meet you Kev.
Martin Wilkinson
Peter (Excalibur)

from the Midlands
Dave Booche - Nice to meet you dave after talking to you on messenger nice to put a name to a face.

Paul Spirits High - I met Paul at the djshownorth but it was nice to meet you again Paul.

Ben - I didnt see you there.

down to the lights.

The Lanta Barracuda laser looked a really nice piece of kit, A blue laser as well i think that was from laserworld looked very good and was sold dirt cheap
i didnt come back with a laser myself as its the smoke restriction that put me off with that.

Wharfedale were there demoing their speakers as well.

Cheers for inviting me along guys.
Does anyone want to buy a laser JON!! :D

soundscapes
17-11-2010, 11:05 AM
gone half one in the morning by the time we got back, got some nice ideas for new lighting though. may invest in some of the lanta fireball meteors that stu bought.

Twinspin
17-11-2010, 11:24 AM
Cheers for inviting me along guys.
Does anyone want to buy a laser JON!! :D

I did think about getting a laser but now im going to stick with what ive got.
and hold out for when some ego x4s come up.

what was that lanta g50 like Kev.

Get Me A DJ
17-11-2010, 05:58 PM
I did think about getting a laser but now im going to stick with what ive got.
and hold out for when some ego x4s come up.

what was that lanta g50 like Kev.

still looking for you btw.
The lanta is a bog standard laser, nothing special really. BUT it does have DMX on board :D
I'm sure DFB are the importers tho.