PDA

View Full Version : Citronic mixer does anyone own?

simon1969
14-11-2010, 10:24 AM
Does anyone own or have used this mixer http://www.soundbasemegastore.com/Citronic-SMFX-200-DJ-Mixer-with-FX-p11235/ thinking of buying it as a back up.

DAVESOUNDS SERVICES
14-11-2010, 12:24 PM
CitroniC tend to be cheapo imports now ...
If your going to buy it as a back up
MAKE SURE ITS GOT AN INTERNAL POWER SUPPLY IE
IEC MAINS INPUT or else you "May" lose the nasty little
plug top style power supply so when you want to use it in an emergency
you simply whack in an iec mains cale and your away
( im sure it will be fine ..for back up)

cheers

Solitaire Events Ltd
14-11-2010, 01:10 PM
I believe Citronic were owned by Skytronic who are now owned by AVSL. The original Citronic gear was very good when it was made back in the 80s. I had a Citronic mixer around 5 years ago and it was OK. Sound quality fine, build quality not so good.

I believe it is on the up again though.

What you have linked to would be fine for backup, though you could get something similar in quality, but a lot cheaper from someone like Behringer. I have one of these (http://www.soundslive.co.uk/product~name~Behringer-DX626-Pro-Mixer~ID~2399.asp) that goes out on hire and the build and sound quality is good for the price. It has 2 channels and a mic channel and all are eq'd.

Save your money IMO.

simon1969
14-11-2010, 01:41 PM
Cheers Darren!!
That looks more than suitable for back up !!!

ppentertainments
14-11-2010, 01:48 PM
I bought a little 2u citronic mixer for backup. Only used it the once so far to try out and was very dissapointed. The output seemed very low and sliders seemed to 'crackle' a little. It did the job but would not like to rely on it.

Solitaire Events Ltd
14-11-2010, 01:48 PM
Cheers Darren!!
That looks more than suitable for back up !!!

It really is good value for the money and as I said, it has eq on each channel too.

Creature
14-11-2010, 03:19 PM
for not a lot more (about £20.00) you can have the mark 5 10/4 which i use as my main mixer. I still have an old mark2 which this one replaced but the mk5 sounds a lot better. I have found the smaller mixers from citronix dont come up to std like teh 10/4 series. personally i would look elsewhere if you only want a 2 channel mixer.

soundscapes
14-11-2010, 05:09 PM
ive got a citronic 4:2X mixer and its one of the most reliable ive ever used.