PDA

View Full Version : Just a question

DJ Plattinum
04-08-2006, 10:02 AM
so who can beatmix??
and before anyone gets offened im not saying mobile djs cant beat mix!! although as yet i havent been to a party where one has just woundering how many of us can ? or how many of us can and dont bother at gis?

Danno13
04-08-2006, 10:03 AM
I can, and do at most gigs...

theoloyla
04-08-2006, 10:37 AM
I used to in the 70's and 80's when I drove Technics 1200's. Since I have gone over to CD's I dont really understand the machinery to do it. I mostly chop mix anyway.

DJ Plattinum
04-08-2006, 10:58 AM
theo !! cd decks are easyer to beat mix on than technics !!! honest if you ask me you can learn to beat mix with the right cd decks in about 5days if you understand the basics of changing pitch !!

Candybeatdiscos
04-08-2006, 12:28 PM
I don't really see the point of beatmixing within my mobile gig's, as i find personality and music choice works better, although my best mate he is completly different and prefers to beatmix, the guy should be in a nightclub rather than doing mobile

Danno13
04-08-2006, 12:50 PM
They aren't mutually exclusive though.. you can beatmix and still have good music choice and personality.. i just find it helps the night flow better espcially if you're playing dance tracks..

Corabar Steve
04-08-2006, 01:14 PM
I don't see the point in beat mixing at birthday parties etc... most of the time you are not trying to create a club type atmosphere

& there's not much demand for it at rock nights or bike rallies :teeth:

Candybeatdiscos
04-08-2006, 02:56 PM
my semtiments exactly

BeerFunk
04-08-2006, 04:27 PM
Comes in handy if you want to 'get out' of a megamix :teeth: ;)

I tend to beatmix older PWL type stuff, like Kylie's early material, Pet Shop Boys, Dead Or Alive, DMC remixes etc etc

dj andy allwood
05-08-2006, 09:22 AM
i used to beatmix old skool records when using turntables but playing pop music for a 40th birthday doesnt really need it but i do blend music into each other so its non-stop

A1DL
05-08-2006, 09:56 AM
so who can beatmix??
and before anyone gets offened im not saying mobile djs cant beat mix!! although as yet i havent been to a party where one has just woundering how many of us can ? or how many of us can and dont bother at gis?

just wondering how many of us can spell correctly and punctuate?

the paragraph above is the literary equivalent of a very bad mix, with beats crashing all over the show
:teeth:

dj andy allwood
05-08-2006, 05:11 PM
just wondering how many of us can spell correctly and punctuate?

the paragraph above is the literary equivalent of a very bad mix, with beats crashing all over the show
:teeth:

lol too much time on you hands lol :)

i alwys spill nd right corrictly :embarasse

funkymike
05-08-2006, 05:15 PM
Do it really matter?

theoloyla
05-08-2006, 05:22 PM
Yes it does!!!!!!! If you cannot express yourself clearly and correctly then you are wide open for abuse and misunderstanding. I am fed up with the fashion for being dyslexic.

A1DL
05-08-2006, 08:46 PM
Yes it does!!!!!!! If you cannot express yourself clearly and correctly then you are wide open for abuse and misunderstanding. I am fed up with the fashion for being dyslexic.

I'm with you 100% Theo.

What is particularly concerning, is the real risk that in ten or so years time a large percentage of youngsters looking for work will only be able to express themselves in "text talk".

Personally, I would not consider employing someone in this category, well, certainly not in an administrative capacity!

A1DL
05-08-2006, 08:47 PM
lol too much time on you hands lol :)

Andy, I wish that were true, my friend

Alex - Cream Ents
06-08-2006, 12:22 PM
I can beatmix as I started Djing in bars / clubs but I don't tend to do a huge amount at gigs, unless a couple of 90s dance tunes (for example) are requested, then sometimes the temptation arises!

Fortunately I still do a couple of bars from time to time so I keep my hand in. As previously mentioned I would never play songs purely because I know I can mix them bang on...

dj steady
06-08-2006, 02:15 PM
i can beat mix but i don't often do it as their are so many good prepared mixes available from mastermix and also you tend to play such a varied range of music, chopping from one to the other quite frequently.
The only time i go wild and start beat mixing is if the crowd are into thier 80's dance which i love so i tend to throw my brain out and go for it...................
Oh by the way is my spelling and punctuation o.k. ..... :eek: LOL