PDA

View Full Version : Cheap as chips Audio sender & Itunes controller review

yourdj
21-11-2010, 07:55 PM
Hello,

My first review. Not really too much of a review but more of a demonstration of the following in operation.

The sender issue keeps coming up so I thought i would demonstrate it in operation.
Also bought this Itunes controller which could prove very useful.

not bad really for £50 for both!

Logic 3 Audio senders.

http://www.fotosounddirect.com/productdetail.asp?products_ID=8301&state_sessionid=mqqampispvbgzzumiaqnrbulzakhpazcnf vqzxvvkxjxnaukuz

http://www.redstore.com/data/pix/120079.jpg

2.4GHz Wireless audio transmitter and receiver
16 Channel selection for interference free transmission
For Use with iPod, MP3 Players, CD Players and other audio devices
Built-in Rechargeable Li-ion Batteries, up to 12 hours of use
AC Adaptor to recharge transmitter and receiver
Simple, quick and easy set-up

The i-Sender is a 2.4GHz wireless audio transmitter and receiver. The i-Sender can transmit digitally and wirelessly sound from an audio player up to 30 meters to a Hi-Fi or Audio System. Connect the transmitter to your iPod, MP3 player or other audio device and the receiver to your Hi-Fi System and you're ready. Its simple quick and easy set-up make this an ideal product for use around the house, the garden or office and its integrated 16 channel selection produces an interference free transmission.

Portability is not an issue as both the transmitter and receiver units have built-in Li-ion batteries, which can be recharged via the included AC Adaptor or USB to mini-USB Y-Cable. Each unit has a battery life of up to 12 hours of use and the i-Sender is complete with 3.5mm stereo and 3.5mm to RCA cables for connection to your audio device.

Hercules Itunes controller:

http://www.atlantic2u.com/Product/HERCULES/Audio/TUNES-EXPLORER/GoogleBase/

http://gadgets.biteus.org/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/herculesipod1.jpg

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

Radio Frequency: 2.4GHz
USB receiver for PC and Mac
Blue back-lit LCD display
Navigation wheel on right side
Power supply: 2 AAA batteries (not included)
Size: 6 x 11 x 1.7cm
Remote weight: < 99g
This device is not an mp3 player

BOX CONTENTS

Tunes Explorer Wireless
USB Receiver
Installation CD with iTunes® 6 & Quicktime® 7
User Manual

MINIMUM CONFIGURATION

Athlon/PIII G4/Intel Core 500 MHz & higher
USB 2.0 or USB 1.1 port
256 MB RAM
MS Windows® XP or Mac OS 10.3.X
Sound card

YouTube - WIRELESS SENDER + ITUNES CONTROLLER

Charlie Brown
21-11-2010, 11:44 PM
I enjoyed that Toby!

Something I'd seriously consider getting! Nice review. :beer1:

Jiggles
22-11-2010, 12:04 AM
The second one if you have an iPhone all you need is Apples Remote app. :) Make a simple ADHOC Wireless network on your laptop and there its done.

yourdj
22-11-2010, 02:36 AM
The second one if you have an iPhone all you need is Apples Remote app. :) Make a simple ADHOC Wireless network on your laptop and there its done.

We discussed that and I thought it would look too much like i was checking my text while announcing first dance which would not look too good. good idea and probably much better than this product as its apple. :)

Paul The Party Dj
22-11-2010, 10:23 AM
Good video Toby, really people this is worth a look!
I think the remote idea is great when working on your own - I may very well get one of those too.

On the remote speakers topic, Mickey Mike from Direct Sounds in the States has posted some interesting YouTube videos on using radio mic kits to relay the sound signal - again well worth a look.

I have a wedding next month in one of those new country house venues which use multiple rooms to host an event, where I'm going to be running remote speakers, I'll try and do a vlog on that one.

Cheers, Paul ;o)

welby
10-08-2011, 04:54 PM
Hello,

My first review. Not really too much of a review but more of a demonstration of the following in operation.

The sender issue keeps coming up so I thought i would demonstrate it in operation.
Also bought this Itunes controller which could prove very useful.

not bad really for £50 for both!

Logic 3 Audio senders.

http://www.fotosounddirect.com/productdetail.asp?products_ID=8301&state_sessionid=mqqampispvbgzzumiaqnrbulzakhpazcnf vqzxvvkxjxnaukuz

http://www.redstore.com/data/pix/120079.jpg

2.4GHz Wireless audio transmitter and receiver
16 Channel selection for interference free transmission
For Use with iPod, MP3 Players, CD Players and other audio devices
Built-in Rechargeable Li-ion Batteries, up to 12 hours of use
AC Adaptor to recharge transmitter and receiver
Simple, quick and easy set-up

The i-Sender is a 2.4GHz wireless audio transmitter and receiver. The i-Sender can transmit digitally and wirelessly sound from an audio player up to 30 meters to a Hi-Fi or Audio System. Connect the transmitter to your iPod, MP3 player or other audio device and the receiver to your Hi-Fi System and you're ready. Its simple quick and easy set-up make this an ideal product for use around the house, the garden or office and its integrated 16 channel selection produces an interference free transmission.

Portability is not an issue as both the transmitter and receiver units have built-in Li-ion batteries, which can be recharged via the included AC Adaptor or USB to mini-USB Y-Cable. Each unit has a battery life of up to 12 hours of use and the i-Sender is complete with 3.5mm stereo and 3.5mm to RCA cables for connection to your audio device.

Hercules Itunes controller:

http://www.atlantic2u.com/Product/HERCULES/Audio/TUNES-EXPLORER/GoogleBase/

http://gadgets.biteus.org/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/herculesipod1.jpg

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

Radio Frequency: 2.4GHz
USB receiver for PC and Mac
Blue back-lit LCD display
Navigation wheel on right side
Power supply: 2 AAA batteries (not included)
Size: 6 x 11 x 1.7cm
Remote weight: < 99g
This device is not an mp3 player

BOX CONTENTS

Tunes Explorer Wireless
USB Receiver
Installation CD with iTunes® 6 & Quicktime® 7
User Manual

MINIMUM CONFIGURATION

Athlon/PIII G4/Intel Core 500 MHz & higher
USB 2.0 or USB 1.1 port
256 MB RAM
MS Windows® XP or Mac OS 10.3.X
Sound card

YouTube - WIRELESS SENDER + ITUNES CONTROLLER (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fY9owqUtuew)

Apologies, I know this is an old thread, but are the Logic 3 I-senders still available for purchase in the UK?

I know about the LD-Systems WATS and the Vocopro Airnet wireless audio systems, but on the face of it they seem very costly for what they do and how many tiems a year you would use them.

Just my opinion. :D

Corabar Entertainment
10-08-2011, 05:43 PM
I know about the LD-Systems WATSJust a little tip if anyone's interested in these, RSD Music have got huge amounts of these in stock ATM (apparently) and so are selling the twin system for much less than they are usually sold for.

If you're a club member, they're on sale for a smidge under £170.

welby
12-08-2011, 02:11 PM
Just a little tip if anyone's interested in these, RSD Music have got huge amounts of these in stock ATM (apparently) and so are selling the twin system for much less than they are usually sold for.

If you're a club member, they're on sale for a smidge under £170.

OK I gave in - I hold you personally responsible if her indoors spots the package arriving!!! lol :D

LD-Systems WATS on its way! :beer1:

Corabar Entertainment
12-08-2011, 02:17 PM
:lol:

DJ Paulie
12-08-2011, 02:28 PM
Mind you would these be affected my the local taxi firms ?! :lol: Would be a good idea if you needed a toilet/drink/food break to make sure songs keep playing instead of sticking a mix on.

Corabar Steve
12-08-2011, 02:31 PM
Would be a good idea if you needed a toilet/drink/food break to make sure songs keep playing instead of sticking a mix on.
EH?? :con: Do you take a set of speakers to the loo with you the Paulie?

DJ Paulie
12-08-2011, 02:33 PM
EH?? :con: Do you take a set of speakers to the loo with you the Paulie?

Silly boy ! I meant the controller ! :muppet:

Corabar Steve
12-08-2011, 02:34 PM
So you take your playout to the loo then?

welby
12-08-2011, 02:47 PM
So you take your playout to the loo then?

I have seen some wireless controllers about but I don't think I will be getting one of those! :ner:

LD-Systems Wats are are on 864.900 Mhz and 863.900 Mhz = Licence Free Channel 70.

Where did taxis come into the equation?

Confused! :confused: :confused:

DJ Paulie
12-08-2011, 03:09 PM
Ok so I got confused ! Just wondered if they would be on the same freq as taxis ! I know someone that uses the VDJ iPhone app to help him with weddings & breaks. I'll go back to sleep now :confused:

welby
12-08-2011, 06:38 PM
Ok so I got confused ! Just wondered if they would be on the same freq as taxis ! I know someone that uses the VDJ iPhone app to help him with weddings & breaks. I'll go back to sleep now :confused:

Phew had me worried there for a while! :D

Yes I use the VDJ iphone app - great for first dances and yes if you are stuck in the loo you can control VDJ. Especially If the next song is by Thunderclap Newman - boom boom! ...:daft:

Consider yourself slapped :whistle:

welby
16-08-2011, 02:50 PM
LD-Systems Wats 2

All arrived ok today - impressed so far - had to tweak the channels on the KAM wireless mics so not to interfere with the Wats.

Set KAM to Channel 4 - 864.20 Mhz and Channel 12 - 863.30Mhz

WATS runs on 863.900 and 864.900 Mhz

Sound quality is excellent and the range seems ok.

Up and running within half an hour.

Corabar Entertainment
16-08-2011, 02:53 PM
Never mind that....
OK I gave in - I hold you personally responsible if her indoors spots the package arriving!!! lol :D ....am I safe? :D ;) :p

DeckstarDeluxe
16-08-2011, 05:39 PM
I've used these in gig situations and they are fab. One of them having to go through a stone wall and two sides of the adjoining marquee. Speaker was 50ft+ plus away and worked a treat (LD Wats).

leelive
26-01-2012, 07:00 PM
Just bought one of those LD Systems Wats from RSD... bargin price.
Can't wait to test. Supposed to have a 100m range.

Got the JBL 2.4g system for in the house... but the signal interferes with the wifi of the laptop used for the source signal [had to connect that laptop to the network over the mains]
The audio is also cut when the microwave is on!? (at least on the speakers in the kitchen)
The range is only 22m so not suitable for out on the road. But the hi-fi quality is perfect for the home.
Lee

yourdj
26-01-2012, 08:47 PM
I would recommend them.

The one I have pointed out is OK. I have a wireless DMX unit that now scrambles it making it useless.

I will be purchasing the LD one.

welby
27-01-2012, 03:53 PM
I would recommend them.

The one I have pointed out is OK. I have a wireless DMX unit that now scrambles it making it useless.

I will be purchasing the LD one.

Good Man ...you won't regret it.

Rechargeable Batteries last for ages in the units.

yourdj
27-01-2012, 08:44 PM
Good Man ...you won't regret it.

Rechargeable Batteries last for ages in the units.

Cool I am going to combine it with a batter powered speaker and put it in dead spots as I do big posh venues with thick walls. :)