PDA

View Full Version : Kam KHD2000 Dual USB Media Controller

Corabar Entertainment
22-11-2010, 06:32 PM
Might need an additional digital play-out system for a small job or two over Christmas, so not looking at paying a lot of money for one.

Has anybody seen / got experience of Kam KHD2000 Dual USB Media Controller (http://www.kam.co.uk/index.php?action=product&product_id=292) and in particular, can you hook up a keyboard / what's searching for tracks like if you can't?

yourdj
22-11-2010, 06:42 PM
I had a version up from that. could not find a thing. :)

I am used to Serato so a world apart for track searches.

If your used to cd's then probably fine?

OK for back up too most definitely.

CRAZY K
22-11-2010, 07:05 PM
Might need an additional digital play-out system for a small job or two over Christmas, so not looking at paying a lot of money for one.

Has anybody seen / got experience of Kam KHD2000 Dual USB Media Controller (http://www.kam.co.uk/index.php?action=product&product_id=292) and in particular, can you hook up a keyboard / what's searching for tracks like if you can't?

Reading this below suggests no keyboard searching--more like an SD card style machine--

The unit is very quick at loading devices, so multiple storage drives could also be used to help order a large collection. For example a pocket
full of memory sticks, each labelled with a musical genre, could allow easy access to a large library, while having the added advantage of not being reliant on one single drive.

And possibly the disadvantage of having to remember which stick you put a track on.

yourdj
22-11-2010, 07:11 PM
Reading this below suggests no keyboard searching--more like an SD card style machine--

The unit is very quick at loading devices, so multiple storage drives could also be used to help order a large collection. For example a pocket
full of memory sticks, each labelled with a musical genre, could allow easy access to a large library, while having the added advantage of not being reliant on one single drive.

And possibly the disadvantage of having to remember which stick you put a track on.

I have always thought of sticks as being a bit too easy too knock out or snap in one of them. unless you got an extension or something?
Or you get some drunk idiot pull one out mid set if your away from the decks for some reason (or even not).

I would rather sd card. although easier too loose they remain in place within the player.

Excalibur
22-11-2010, 07:28 PM

Can't help you there I'm afraid, but I did ask about a similar option here. Steve gave the link to the manual.
http://www.forum.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/showthread.php?t=29465&highlight=hdc

Fairly sure this would do what you want.

PS, Have you considered an ipod? :sofa:

ppentertainments
22-11-2010, 07:30 PM
I had a quick look at one, however they do not have any search facility which was the thing that put me off straight away.

Excalibur
22-11-2010, 07:34 PM
I had a quick look at one, however they do not have any search facility which was the thing that put me off straight away.

The New Jersey apparently, to misquote a Motor Car advert "runs just like a Cortex". :D :D ( As far as I can see from the manual. I'm still convinced it's a very similar unit with a different badge and styling. Specs are virtually identical.

Corabar Entertainment
22-11-2010, 07:37 PM
OK... looks like 'pants' search facility' is unanimous! :D :(

....Back to the drawing board!

Excalibur
22-11-2010, 07:45 PM
OK... looks like 'pants' search facility' is unanimous! :D :(

....Back to the drawing board!

Errrrr, I seem to remember one person recommending a machine of suitable spec. :whistle:

Perhaps the price is :whistle: out, but the spec on paper is what you require, even accepts DVD/CD drives if you so wished.

Corabar Entertainment
22-11-2010, 07:54 PM
Yes - sorry Peter, should have acknowledged that you made another recommendation. I was purely commenting on this particular piece of kit.

Yes, the price of the one you have pointed out is more than double this little fella, and the expense isn't really justified for what we might use it for.

Again - sorry - should have acknowledged your comments first time around :blush:

Excalibur
22-11-2010, 08:11 PM
Yes - sorry Peter, should have acknowledged that you made another recommendation. I was purely commenting on this particular piece of kit.

Yes, the price of the one you have pointed out is more than double this little fella, and the expense isn't really justified for what we might use it for.

Again - sorry - should have acknowledged your comments first time around :blush:

Or qualified the phrase " Not a lot of money" ;) :D :D :D
Steve wouldn't spring for what I considered an essential piece of equipment, either. :eek: :confused:

I hadn't actually compared the prices until after I posted, so was remiss in that area too. Hey ho.

Good luck with your search, I'd say you're going to be trawling Ebay for a s/h Numark/Cortex. ;) :D :D

Solitaire Events Ltd
22-11-2010, 08:11 PM
What are you going to need it for Ang?

Excalibur
22-11-2010, 08:19 PM

Oh Lord help me to resist the temptation to type " Playing mp3's". :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Solitaire Events Ltd
22-11-2010, 08:22 PM
And help me to resist temptation to type "Shaddup Peter, you muppet" :sj:

Corabar Entertainment
22-11-2010, 08:24 PM
ME! :D

Just a couple of little gigs I might be doing to save me flinging CDs in every direction! :eek: (which is my biggest downfall when I DJ, because I don't use the collection week in/week out, it takes me longer to find tracks)

Solitaire Events Ltd
22-11-2010, 08:45 PM
What about an all in one with CD and Ipod facility?

http://www.images2.co.uk/Sound_Equipment/Sorted_By_Brand.Numark_Sound/iCD_MIX_2_PROFESSIONAL_TWIN_CD_WITH_MIXER_STATION_ and_DOCK_FOR_iPOD,_ANTI-SHOCK_SP508170.html

Excalibur
22-11-2010, 08:53 PM
ME! :D

Just a couple of little gigs I might be doing to save me flinging CDs in every direction! :eek: (which is my biggest downfall when I DJ, because I don't use the collection week in/week out, it takes me longer to find tracks)

How about approaching the problem from another direction? Got a spare laptop? What about installing a DJ program you're happy with, and away you go. ( Don't tell everybody, but I can actually drive Virtual DJ better than I can drive a Denon. ;) :D :D )

Corabar Entertainment
22-11-2010, 09:35 PM
Not a 'spare' laptop, so it would mean stripping out one of ours - but it is an option :)

Sapphire Disco
22-11-2010, 10:07 PM
Any good ?

http://www.djkit.com/product.php?id=7159

Corabar Entertainment
22-11-2010, 10:09 PM
Might be! :D

Corabar Entertainment
22-11-2010, 10:10 PM
Update: I think I may be sorted due to a kind fellow doing a loan / hire.

you know who you are..... Big, big, :thanks: :D :D :D

Charlie Brown
22-11-2010, 10:37 PM
Woo!

I want to attend one of Angela's parties!

What events is it for Angela?

Corabar Entertainment
22-11-2010, 10:43 PM
Nothing that exciting, Charlie, just a little local pub where they know me / I know them, for a few Christmas extras ;) :)

Charlie Brown
22-11-2010, 10:46 PM
Ahh sweet.

Enjoy. :beer1: