PDA

View Full Version : Any thoughts on the W-Audio TPT-202 TWIN UHF Radio Mic Systems?

Dynamic Entertainment
22-11-2010, 11:57 PM
A friend is looking at this particular system and was wondering if its any good...

http://www.djkit.com/product.php?id=6571&highlight=

Main use is for live PA's with drag acts, so the odd singing and vocal work. Maximum distance from reciever is going to be about 20m.

Many thanks

Steve

NKR
23-11-2010, 06:09 AM
For singing it has to be Sennheiser or Shure. Anything else will not cut the mustard for any quality singing/vocal work.

I they can't afford the EW G range of kit then the Senny Freeport would do the job and is only slightly more expensive than the Warrior unit, however with only one transmitter.

vanjarre
23-11-2010, 07:40 AM
Ivehave the head set version and find it ok but you can get better for little bit more

Dynamic Entertainment
23-11-2010, 10:49 AM
Thanks for the comments guys.

Ideally it was a twin system they were wanting and my first thought was a Freeport until they said twin system lol

Its this gay pub again, so its on a extremely tight budget...

NKR
23-11-2010, 05:33 PM
They will end up replacing a substandard system sooner rather than a good one. Buy good once and its cheaper in the long run.

I would not recommend anything other than senny or shure for singing as if you say yes that system is okay and it turns out to be rubbish for the drag acts singing you get it in the neck.

2 x freeports?

Dynamic Entertainment
23-11-2010, 10:24 PM
I agree with you Neil, but they've had wireless SM58s before and had the acts drop the etc etc and right now they arnt in the finanical position top spend a lot of money (trades dying out for them)

ronedjs
19-12-2010, 03:14 PM
I got these a year back now and for the price the quality is good. I have used them for all sorts (discos, quiz nights, race nights, gameshows and singers).