PDA

View Full Version : Nero Burning Cds & DRM Licenses

Johnny
05-08-2006, 02:54 PM
Hi One & All,
Don't know if anyone can help me?. When I download music from HMV I can burn it onto Cd with either their player or windows player.

However if I go to burn it with Nero the message comes up DRM check failed not enough licenses available.

can anyone explain why and if there is a way around it.

Thanks

Johnny

DMX Will
05-08-2006, 03:02 PM
Hmmm,

I gave google a search on your error message. The problem lies within the file your downloading from HMV. I've never paid for music online myself, so have no experience with this error, however give these a try:

- Make sure your not limited to burn each mp3 a certain amount of times
- Check with HMV, maybe their FAQ/support pages?

The other thing might be that the files aren't supported by Nero, or that HMV block nero in some way from burning them.

I would look to the HMV site for advice,

Sorry, I know thats not very helpful, others may have experience with this.

Your other option is: Use windows media player? It's not amazing, but a CD is a CD right?

Good luck!

Johnny
05-08-2006, 03:50 PM
Hi Will,
Thank you for your reply. The only reason I perfer nero to windows or hmv player is you can print out a play list of the songs that you have burnt onto cds.
It maybe possisable to print out a play list from hmv or windows but if you can I don,t know how to do it.

Thanks
Johnny

Corabar Entertainment
05-08-2006, 04:00 PM
Hello Johnny - never used Nero, so I'm afraid I can't help you, but I thought I'd pop on and say 'Hi' anyway.

Why not start a thread in the Newbies section to introduce yourself to all the forum members? :teeth:

DMX Will
05-08-2006, 06:15 PM
Johnny,

Heres a long shot, when burning CDs, try and get windows media player to save the files you are about to, or have burnt to a playlist file. Then, in Windows Explorer, find the playlist file, right click it, and get it to "Open With.." notepad. You should then get something like a track listing, with a load of other junk in there.

If you delete the other stuff, then hit print, or even copy it to Word to format it, you have *wolla* a playlist :)

This could never work, try it, I don't have enough experience in Windows Media Player (Winamp fan) to guide you though the playlist saving...but it can't be that hard!

Will.

Corabar Entertainment
05-08-2006, 11:01 PM
....or just do a screen capture of the track listing to turn it into an image, and crop it to get rid of the rest of the junk on the screen :)

DMX Will
06-08-2006, 11:43 AM
Depending on your ink budget, that'll also work :)

Have a disco
06-08-2006, 01:58 PM
Hmmm,

I gave google a search on your error message. The problem lies within the file your downloading from HMV. I've never paid for music online myself, so have no experience with this error, however give these a try:

- Make sure your not limited to burn each mp3 a certain amount of times
- Check with HMV, maybe their FAQ/support pages?

The other thing might be that the files aren't supported by Nero, or that HMV block nero in some way from burning them.

I would look to the HMV site for advice,

Sorry, I know thats not very helpful, others may have experience with this.

Your other option is: Use windows media player? It's not amazing, but a CD is a CD right?

Good luck!

Try burning using Roxio 8 I believe they accept DRM now if not remove the DRM info from the properties within the file then burn using nero