PDA

View Full Version : Shure 55SH Series II

NKR
05-12-2010, 08:56 PM
Okay chaps its been field tested.

Now I have read varying reviews on the 55SH ranging from very good to people who hate it.

Well its a stunning mic. The pick up range is brilliant and paired with a Senny SKP 100 G2 talking to my Senny G2 Box its was pure brilliance. Looked the part and sounded the part. Took some desk adjustment from the usual Senny EW G2 settings, but it sounded bob on (bottom end light compared to the Senny's so sounded tinny until a bit of desk correction.)

Issues - weight. It is a big unit and when you wack a radio transmitter on the bottom it gave my vocal artist a good arm workout through a 1 hour set. Also with the senny SKP on the bottom it will not stand mount due to the bulk of the radio transmitter. However, if you are stand mounting then no reason why it can't be XLR cabled anyway.

If you want a good classic look mic then this is the boy for you and great for vocal artists too.

DAVESOUNDS SERVICES
06-12-2010, 12:12 AM
Thanks for that ive been considering one for a long time
Personally id just clip the skp i have to the bottom end of the stand and connect via a short 2 meter xlr cable for a true vintage look!
thanks for the review i know some slag this mike off terribly but the look - alikes that are around are truly awful!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/DAVESOUNDS/senkit07.jpg
thanks