PDA

View Full Version : Showvision Deck Skirt

Steve James
09-12-2010, 07:40 AM
Morning all
Anyone own one of these,are they any good. I have to say that from the vids I've seen this looks dam fine if a little pricey.

Corabar Steve
09-12-2010, 07:43 AM
Got a link Steve?

Steve James
09-12-2010, 07:48 AM
Got a link Steve?
Morning Steve, Link: YouTube - ShowVision RGB LED Vision Graphic Curtain DMX 2 x 1m Deck Skirt from Djkit.com

Booche
09-12-2010, 08:05 AM
I'm 99% sure Pe7e has got one of these and if its as good as the LED Graphic Backdrop then they are very very good.

All patterns and colors are controllable so IF you used it for a wedding you can choose the light colors etc :)

Sapphire Disco
09-12-2010, 08:16 AM
Yes I've got one I do like it, here's a pic not a great example but the only one I have at the moment.

Corabar Steve
09-12-2010, 08:18 AM
Ah, one of those.

I kind of like them, but they do put me a little in mind of screens.

Steve James
09-12-2010, 08:30 AM
Yes I've got one I do like it, here's a pic not a great example but the only one I have at the moment.
Best price paid? Nice setup;)

Ah, one of those.

I kind of like them, but they do put me a little in mind of screens.
Yes is does, but I still like it. Anyway I used to love my infinity screens. Ah, back in the day!

Pe7e
09-12-2010, 08:48 AM
I'm 99% sure Pe7e has got one of these and if its as good as the LED Graphic Backdrop then they are very very good.

All patterns and colors are controllable so IF you used it for a wedding you can choose the light colors etc :)

Yes I do have a 'mad effects' deckstand skirt, in fact I liked it so much, I also purchased their 3m x 2m and 4m x 2m backdrops. I love the product, but be aware they don't sync together properly, due to them containing different number of LEDS, and their customer aftersales service is :Censored:

Sapphire Disco
09-12-2010, 09:21 AM
[QUOTE=Steve James;495843]Best price paid? Nice setup;)
QUOTE]

I think I paid £295 for mine but if you keep your eye on their EBay outlet you should get one cheaper.

The other thing to consider is mine is wrapped around the deck stand, I think you would get a better look by just having the curtain straight across but I don't have a long enough bar at the moment.

The thing I like about it is that it's the LEDs that change colour to create the effect patterns.

Thanks for the complement on the set up, by no means my best one but never the less it's nice to get praise.

Corabar Entertainment
09-12-2010, 12:06 PM
MADeffects are one of the advertisers of the forum and have their own sub-forum.

Recently, they've been posting up some good deals, so it's worth keeping an eye on their sub-forum if you're interested in one.

Steve James
09-12-2010, 12:21 PM
[QUOTE=Steve James;495843]Best price paid? Nice setup;)
QUOTE]
Thanks for the complement on the set up, by no means my best one but never the less it's nice to get praise.
No problem, complements where due ;)

MADeffects are one of the advertisers of the forum and have their own sub-forum.

Recently, they've been posting up some good deals, so it's worth keeping an eye on their sub-forum if you're interested in one.
Cheers Steve, will do.

OllieJames
09-12-2010, 12:43 PM
When I was DJing at Harben House, a DJ in another room had that with the backdrop - it did look pretty cool.

TONYTIGER
09-12-2010, 12:48 PM
When I was DJing at Harben House, a DJ in another room had that with the backdrop - it did look pretty cool.

Been running the backdrop one on the hire stock for quite awhile very reliable and very good quality product.

Corabar Entertainment
09-12-2010, 12:56 PM
Cheers Steve, will do.I'm Angela.... Steve's the hairy one.

:whistle:

Steve James
09-12-2010, 01:18 PM
I'm Angela.... Steve's the hairy one.

:whistle:
:o

surround sounds
09-12-2010, 02:31 PM
Morning all
Anyone own one of these,are they any good. I have to say that from the vids I've seen this looks dam fine if a little pricey.

Hi Steve.
I also got the deckstand and the backdrops.It you dmx them together using showmagic computer program they work excellent.Here are a few photos
YouTube - The Public West Bromwich

Excalibur
10-12-2010, 06:22 AM

I saw it too. Not in a "Live" situation, but it's the only starcloth I've seen which has ever impressed me.

Steve James
10-12-2010, 07:34 AM
Thanks of all your input guys..(& girls:o ) Got to get me one of these!

Hi Steve.
I also got the deckstand and the backdrops.It you dmx them together using showmagic computer program they work excellent.Here are a few photos
YouTube - The Public West Bromwich (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=527jwe3Mv84)
Very very nice SS, as regards to DMX, which I like to think I'm pretty good at,I use freestyler DMX, it should be ok with this?

surround sounds
10-12-2010, 10:59 AM
Thanks of all your input guys..(& girls:o ) Got to get me one of these!

Very very nice SS, as regards to DMX, which I like to think I'm pretty good at,I use freestyler DMX, it should be ok with this?

Hi Steve.
Yes it should be fine althou i have only ever used showmagic on the computer.There are a few patterns which run slightly off sync but in general mine works very well.

sandysounds
10-12-2010, 01:35 PM
I reviewed it recently....excellent bit of kit. There is a competition running at the moment to win one of these and its open to everyone, you just have to subscribe to the free newsletter. Comp finishes on Monday 13th Dec (and sent out same day so someone could be the proud owner of a new deckskirt by Wednesday of next week).

Not sure if I'm allowed to put the link up, but here it is anyway.... http://www.mobiledj.info/dj_newsletter_issue_25.html

Steve James
11-12-2010, 08:17 AM
Morning people
One of my 'must buys' in the new year is a DJ booth. I was sitting thinking how nice one of these curtains would look in place of the standard starcloth front.wonder if it can be done???

I reviewed it recently....excellent bit of kit. There is a competition running at the moment to win one of these and its open to everyone, you just have to subscribe to the free newsletter. Comp finishes on Monday 13th Dec (and sent out same day so someone could be the proud owner of a new deckskirt by Wednesday of next week).

Not sure if I'm allowed to put the link up, but here it is anyway.... http://www.mobiledj.info/dj_newsletter_issue_25.html
Thanks for that Sandy. Good review.

Steve James
29-12-2010, 01:48 PM
Just a quick update. I ordered my deck skirt today from phase one. Paid £270, should be here tomorrow. Looking forward to having a play on new years eve!

jamesh
05-01-2011, 03:19 AM
Be careful where you buy them from... there's quite a few grey imports and copies of these cloths at the moment knocking around and being sold to companies and individuals!!! Fine while it's working but you try and get any support if they go wrong...