PDA

View Full Version : Bose Technology

Harrison's Discos
08-08-2006, 11:00 AM
Hello, I wonder if anyone can help. I have always been a fan of Bose speakers and they sound absolutely excellent. There has always been one burning question though. ''How on earth do Bose manage to outdo other speakers by using drivers that are smaller than my hand, well, nearly as small. If anyone has any suggestions please tell me. Thanks very much
:) :teeth: :)

Jiggles
08-08-2006, 11:02 AM
Why not Email them your self. :teeth:

Harrison's Discos
08-08-2006, 11:06 AM
I was hoping Jamie may know. I really want to avoid contacting bose as they keep things like that a secret.

Paul James Promotions
08-08-2006, 11:21 AM
Unfortunately I don't work for Bose, so don't know exactly why they do things how they do.

Their first major success was the 901 design. They used 8 small drivers facing towards a wall, and a single unit facing the audience. They were obviously happy, so continued in the same way.

Good sound, good dispersion, but low efficiency from most of their designs. There is no dedicated HF unit, so their 'road range' will never be comparable to a good 12in + 1in cabinet.

Smaller drivers are usually very accurate at mid range reproduction.

Harrison's Discos
08-08-2006, 11:23 AM
Thanks jamie. I just can't understand how they do it though, I think its a bit crazy.

If anyone else has a suggestion please quote me.