PDA

View Full Version : RCF Monitor 8 speakers

abracadabradisco
09-12-2010, 04:20 PM
I have today received the RCF Monitor 8 speakers I won on eBay Under £200 inc courier and they are fantastic.
9.6 kg 8" + hf driver in a solid cab 300w rms @ 8 ohm and when I tried them with a Chevin Reseach 200w amp they sounded brilliant with solid bass coming from such a small cab. I will try a more powerful amp tomorrowand I think they will rock items off my garage shelves.
I read a review of these and they were given 10 out of 10 when used with subs for as many as 200 in a club. I can honestly believe it.

If you want a small passive that will kick the bass go for a pair of these that retail at approx £700

Andy Goodtimes
10-12-2010, 03:02 AM
You did very well to get them for that price...no wonder you're sounding pretty pleased with yourself. They are much more than one would expect from an 8inch cab and ideal for conferencing but go well with a pair of subs, you'll find the throw is pretty good when you get them in a larger room.

abracadabradisco
10-12-2010, 08:00 AM
Hi Andy, thanks for that. I have seen more of these at £250 for a pair and thinking should I or should I not buy another pair? For such a small speaker they are fantastic. I think the reason for this is the way the cone is made with extra strengthening properties but it still produces lovely soft bass.

Andy Goodtimes
11-12-2010, 07:47 AM
4 would be nice for those times when you need to provide background music for the like of a Wedding breakfast or voice for a conference because if you have one in each corner you can get a better even spread of sound, however, you then have the wiring to do. I use the JBL 2.4 wireless for this job and they are cracking little speakers but not half as good as the RCFs...guess its a case of deciding if the wiring is worth the extra trouble.

chrisj
11-05-2011, 05:15 PM
Coming back here to say I have 80m of 2.5mm arctic speaker cable extensions and often use these for background at wedding breakfasts.
Quite of en as at this moment there are pairs of Monitor 8's on ebay at £250 the pair.