PDA

View Full Version : Dj Meetup in central scotland 2nd Feb 2011

Davy
14-12-2010, 09:08 PM
Hi everyone

Ive had a read over the rules so posting this should be fine as its not assosiated with any assosiation and its not trade related.......

If you read Pro Mobile you may have heard about the DJ meets hapening all over the country , Our last few have been mentioned. The orinal one was Sponsered and arranged by another organisation but a group of us who attented decided to carry on the meets .

I cant stress enough this is not a DJ assosiation type meet. The meetings are open to anyone who is/was or is thinking about being a DJ.

The purpose of the meets ...

To give everyone a chance to network with other DJ's
To improve the professional image of the mobile DJ to the client
To learn from each other
To help other DJs

At the meets there is also a different local DJ type shop there depending on the area, This one is still TBC .

There is also a second hand table for you to bring any old / unused / spare kit you want to sell off.

What the meetup envolves.........

Everyone is given the chance to formally introduce themselves over the mic and say a quick bit about themselves.
Then a short seminar on a topic that has been raised on previous meets ( last one was the benifits of working legally - to encourage the cash in hand type djs to trade professionally and showing the benifits and how it outweighs working illegally ) . The next meeting will quickly recap the main points brought up then move onto another sunject .
After this its an open discussion to see if were all in agreement or debate it out.

Then buffet time - Hot food while anyone is asking questions or debating whats been said.

After that we give the shop a chance to introduce themselves and show us what they have to offer.

Thoughout the night the second hand kit can sit on a table for everyone to look over - Just put your name and your asking price on it and you can mention what your selling in your introduction to if you like.

One DJ who has volenteered will have there rig on display and talk us through it and what they use and why .

Last few meetings was My rig - Nightlife Entertainment
Meet before that was DJ shuggy - Quality disco's
this meet will be Brian - Jukebox DJ

The meets are laid back but most people attending are people who take being a DJ seriously , Although we organise the meets there is nobody standing up telling you what you should and shouldnt be doing , We kept them going to learn from each other , Personally speaking if it wasnt for the things ive learned on these type of forums i would still be a cheap pub DJ so all were doing is offering the same information through the seminars to others.

Its a chance to meet up and network with other DJ's over a beer and a scran. To sell off your unused kit or pick up a bargain , To meet a local supplier and share and learn from our experiences and experience of others.

There is a charge of £3 to get in , This is purly to cover costs . This gets you in , your share in the hot buffet and a ticket for a prize draw . ( previous prizes have included lighting effects , cases of beer and even celcro cable ties ) .

2nd February 2011
The club
76 High Street
Newarthill
Motherwell
ML1 5JH

We plan to start about 8 but you can get in from 7.30

Our very own tony - Fluid DJ will hopefully be bringing along his wizard extreme to show us all what the fuss is about too.

If anyone would like some more info or would like to help organise future meets then let me know. Last 2 have been west of scotland - This one is more central and next one will probobly be more to the east but it all depends on how this one goes.

There was also talk of running a coach to the next BPM and can probobly sort out hotel deals etc.

Anyone interested?

DJ Tony McQue
15-12-2010, 09:47 AM
Looking forward to it.

Charlie Brown
15-12-2010, 10:12 AM
Nice idea!

I wish you every success with it.

dmckaraoke
15-12-2010, 12:42 PM
Very interesting...

Mark Wild
15-12-2010, 12:45 PM
I'll be there for sure :beer1:

Davy
15-12-2010, 05:52 PM
Good responce so far

It's open to all dj's regardless of what the do or where they fit into the Market place so if you guys know anyone who may be interested feel free to tell them.

Don't think I know you Mark but there will be locals you may have met

Steven - disco therapy ( was Bellshill )
John - g star discos ( Newarthill )
Justin - trax disco

Loads more

Dmc - there is a guy travels to all our meets from ayshire - I can try get his contact details if yous want to organise a car share . His names guy but think hes not long moved there so you prob won't know him.

Also can I just ask you register interest for any kit your selling so we know how much of an area to allocate .just say

Name - 4 items etc

If we can gauge numbers it's better for feeding time too so we know what to order too.

Davy
15-12-2010, 07:23 PM
I cant seem to edit the original post so I'll post here.

The original organisers of the Dj meet ups are still actively promoting them through there own website and also envolved with the Pro-Mobile article in the next issue.They have also set up a website where you can view when and where your next meet is.

DJ Area Meet Partnership www.djamp.co.uk

Also at the next meet it will be chris doing the equipment demo and not Brian.

Organisers of Scottish meet are ...

Myself
Shuggy
Chris
Brian
John

And behind the scenes promoting the meet ups we have sandy and Paul

dj shuggy
15-12-2010, 11:15 PM
Davy,

Great to see you promoting the next meet-up on here, I am sure if there are any new attendances through this post it will make the next meeting all the better. Like Davy said it's an informal yet informative get-together for DJs of all walks of life.. the more the merrier.. without drink that is...!!

DJ Tony McQue
16-12-2010, 09:50 AM
I was looking forward to a well priced shandy.. :(

Davy
16-12-2010, 05:40 PM
Bar will be open so dont see why not

Shaun
16-12-2010, 09:54 PM
I'm going to try my best to come. It'll be great to meet a few new faces.

Davy
16-12-2010, 10:12 PM
Great response so far .

If anyone is struggling on the night to find the place its listed as high street its actually just off it , next to a bowling club and we know how hard they are to find.

If there's anyone on the night who cant find it my mobile numbers on my website if need be.

Davy
27-01-2011, 01:15 PM
Just a little reminder that this is just next week.

Remember abd bring your surplus disco gear to sell off.

Mark Wild
31-01-2011, 07:38 PM
Anyone else going to this?

leelive
31-01-2011, 08:27 PM
Sorry, got too much on this week. Hopefully next time. Lee

luminaradam
01-02-2011, 08:01 AM
Ye I wanted to come as well but busy week ahead and got our first wedding show of the year this weekend so gotta get organised for that!

Definitely count me in for the next one!

Davy
01-02-2011, 01:04 PM
Anyone else going to this?

2 off this forum ( 3 counting me ) that I know are definite plus yourself if your coming, several from another forum , plus the regulars and it's also advertised in ....

R-S sound and light
Glasgow sound centre

A few others

Also in Pro Mobile too so were expecting a decent turnout.

Next 1 will be months away and it's only 3 hours on a wednesday night. Better than sitting about watching TV

Shaun
01-02-2011, 01:11 PM
Regrettably I'll be unable to attend. Maybe next time. :beer1:

soundmaster mobile disco
04-02-2011, 03:51 PM
How did your dj meet up go guys?

DJ Tony McQue
04-02-2011, 11:28 PM
How did your dj meet up go guys?

The first rule of DJ club is you don't talk about it. :)

Seriously, for me it was a very interesting evening and the banter was great. I sold some DJ kit, chatted about gear in a way that would make my wife cringe and really enjoyed chatting to the West Coast lads.

The next one is in Livingston Gary, will you be coming along?

Mark Wild
05-02-2011, 01:00 AM
Some top lads there, a little presentation by DJ Shuggy on making an effort to up the ante in our game and a demo of the Wizard Extreme, cracking light btw.
One MDD member accused me of being a sarcastic sod on the forum :eek: Can't think why ! :D

Davy
05-02-2011, 01:43 AM
Thanks for coming guys

I'll keep you updated with the next one and also looking for interest in the suggestion of BPM

When I get enough interest I'll get some quotes.

Will be offering a package where there will be a coach running to birmingham NEC for BPM , can sort out a hotel deal and as I'm a coach driver ( well I've got the licence ) we should just need to pay for coach hire , I'll tell the company not to pay me or cover accomodation so that saves £300-£400 straight away for 2 days wages plus hotel expenses.

For the coach trip would you be wanting to do

Sat - sun
Sun - mon
Sat - sun - mon

Let me know and I'll get some quotes for next meeting.

Once again , cheers to the guys that made it and for the ones that didn't you missed a good night and hopefully you can make the next one.

DJ Tony McQue
05-02-2011, 02:10 AM
Some top lads there, a little presentation by DJ Shuggy on making an effort to up the ante in our game and a demo of the Wizard Extreme, cracking light btw.
One MDD member accused me of being a sarcastic sod on the forum :eek: Can't think why ! :D

Well if it wasn't for your Terry Wogan Eurovision style comments, I don't think I would be on here as much. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Disco Therapy
08-02-2011, 10:28 AM
It was great to meet so many of the forum guys. Thanks for bringing the Wizard along Tony, you're going to make my wife a very angry lady... I now love Wizard Extremes more than her!