PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer DJM5000

Andy Goodtimes
16-12-2010, 01:06 AM
Went to the local DJ shop today to look at a new mixer. I currently use a Pioneer DJM3000 which is now about 5 years old, I have an American Audio mixer on the second show at the moment which is ok but at the end of the day its a £300 mixer so I never have expected fantastic things from it. My idea is to have a new one on my show and put the DJM3000 on the second show and sell the American Audio.

I have been offered a new DJM3000 for just under £700 or a DJM5000 for just under £800. I like the DJM3000 and am used to all the features, I also like the sound quality...I know there are those that say its too bright and although I agree its not as smooth as some I do like the sound, I think its an exciting kind of sound if you know what I mean.

I decided that the DJM5000 was worth the extra £100 and I had got to the stage when I said I would have it and then I realised that due to the positioning of the rear sockets I would need to change my case for a 12U top rather than the 11U that I currently use. I have the 5u mixer, 3u CD controller and 3u HD2500 in the top of my case but if I had the DJM5000 I would have to also have a 1u blank in order that the plugs would fit into the rear of it.

I left the shop saying I would think it over as it would cost me prob knocking on for £300 to change and also change the case. As well as that I just don't have time at the moment to bring the flight cases in and start messing about swapping stuff over.

Does anyone use the DJM5000 and even better has anyone upgraded to that one from the DJM3000?

I'm especially interested to hear opinions on the claimed sound improvements and the new microphone compressor that knocks out mids only.

Anyone got any ideas about what else is worth a look and listen? I must admit I am pretty loyal to pioneer so it will have to be exceptional to draw me to another brand...how about Allen and Heath?...I have heard they aint what they used to be, dunnno if there is any truth in that though.

TONYTIGER
16-12-2010, 12:41 PM
Hi Andy i have been using the Pioneer 5000 since it came out in MHO it is the best mobile mixer out there,you have to ask yourself will you miss the effects on your present mixer other than that i cant see any draw backs the mic section is great great talk over and effects handy if you have to do a bit of karaoke ,the sonic maximiser works well and the zone facility is great when you have to do two rooms from one mixer and of course you can turn it into a midi device.
Sound quality is great much better than Denon which i used to use and all the controls have a nice solid feel and of course great resale value.

Andy Goodtimes
28-12-2010, 08:45 PM
So does it not have the same effects as the 3000, TBH I took that for granted and was more interested in the sound and the mic compressor.

TONYTIGER
29-12-2010, 12:26 PM
So does it not have the same effects as the 3000, TBH I took that for granted and was more interested in the sound and the mic compressor.

No no onboard effects.

DJ James Lake
29-12-2010, 02:44 PM
I recently bought the djm2000 as totally love it. Bit of a different beast but quality wise you can't fault pioneer gear