PDA

View Full Version : Virtual DJ 7 iremote released

DJ James Lake
16-12-2010, 12:21 PM
Have just been using the virtual dj iremote app on the iphone for the last half hour and must say i'm very impressed so far.

I dont like the layout of the default skin as its not possible to start a track and control the mixer without switching between mixer and deck screens, but there are skins on the way that will.

All in all a great addition

Solitaire Events Ltd
16-12-2010, 12:35 PM
Yep, installed here and working.

I look forward to the new skins.

DJ James Lake
16-12-2010, 01:28 PM
Yep, installed here and working.

I look forward to the new skins.

Yeah me too pretty hard to control with the default skin

Rowleys
16-12-2010, 02:22 PM
Just as my iPhone get stolen ...

deltic
16-12-2010, 07:37 PM
new skin is a must,difficult to navigate as it is.

however will be handy for pausing the music at kids parties.

Vectis
16-12-2010, 08:00 PM
I trust that there's some kind of "handshake" facility so that you can nail the handset to the VDJ instance?

... otherwise for £5.99 I could have a really good laugh :D

digga
16-12-2010, 11:35 PM
Oh My Lady Ga Ga!!! Just updated my old Cue 5 (don't laugh) to Cue 7 (didn't really like 6 much) and installed iRemote on my 1st gen iPod Touch. All the time praying that they will talk to each other.

Now this is really cool! Full control from the iPod! I could sit at the bar all night and still do a half decent mix :) And now I don't need to find a long track to go and have a pee, I just take the pod with me :p

Thanks for pointing this one out, I really should check for updates more often.

Solitaire Events Ltd
17-12-2010, 12:45 PM
I used this last night first with my Ipad and then with my Iphone and it worked flawlessly. I sat in the bar while they ate and changed tracks!

They must incorporate a search though as at the moment you have to scroll through folders to find songs or create a playlist beforehand.

You don't even need to use the internet, just set up an adhoc network and you're done!

Very cool app. :thumbsup:

DJ James Lake
17-12-2010, 01:17 PM
i will be trying it tonight, I plan to set up a playlist in the side list and load them as needed.