PDA

View Full Version : DDS advice please

connor
17-12-2010, 12:08 PM
Hi all, does anyone know if it's possible to "auto-crossfade" with the DDS? My HD2500 used to do it brilliantly, I've not had the DDS long and I'm still getting to grips with it but can't seem to find any info saying it will auto-crossfade??? I just find it a usefull feature sometimes, if you need to take a quick "break" or when I'm doing a family gig it's handy to leave the rig doing it's thing so I can join in a little. I know it can auto cue but this obviously often leaves a long gap between tracks, any advice please?
Thanks.

deltic
17-12-2010, 12:42 PM
long time since i sold my dds

it will do continuous play and also alternate play.

Vectis
17-12-2010, 12:44 PM
No - it doesn't do auto crossfade.

Megamix
17-12-2010, 07:08 PM
No it doesn't - just continuous play - but mines a backup, so not an issue personally

JDB Entertainment
17-12-2010, 07:12 PM
You can use the crate feature.

Excalibur
17-12-2010, 08:35 PM
long time since i sold my dds

it will do continuous play and also alternate play.

You can use the crate feature.

If the above posts apply to the D2 also, l I can feel an RTFM moment coming on. :o :o :o :o :o

When I need to leave music running continuously, with no gaps, and no driver, I use the Cortex. One side only, but that's no problem.

Vectis
17-12-2010, 08:45 PM
If the above posts apply to the D2 also

They do.

And you can do 'continuous' play from one side only or alternating sides, BUT no automatic crossfade. So if track 1 has 10 seconds of silence (or worse, 16 minutes of silence then a sudden shriek at the end as some album tracks wont (that's "wont", not "won't" ;) ) ) then there's 10 seconds of silence in between track 1 fade out and track 2 starting.

Excalibur
17-12-2010, 08:52 PM
They do.

And you can do 'continuous' play from one side only or alternating sides, BUT no automatic crossfade. So if track 1 has 10 seconds of silence (or worse, 16 minutes of silence then a sudden shriek at the end as some album tracks wont (that's "wont", not "won't" ;) ) ) then there's 10 seconds of silence in between track 1 fade out and track 2 starting.

I'd best go read the manual again. :o :o The blighter plays a track, re-cues it, and sits there looking all smug. Silently, until you kick it.

Vectis
17-12-2010, 09:00 PM
I've definitely done it a couple of times. Not logical by any means, and I know you have to put it into some weird mode that means that you can't then play "normally" without switching it back to the 'usual' mode again first.

I used to carry a laptop with a copy of OTS Turntables just for these eventualities (and backup!).

Excalibur
17-12-2010, 09:05 PM
I've definitely done it a couple of times. Not logical by any means, and I know you have to put it into some weird mode that means that you can't then play "normally" without switching it back to the 'usual' mode again first.

I used to carry a laptop with a copy of OTS Turntables just for these eventualities (and backup!).

Those of us who only do simple, use the Cortex. ;)