PDA

View Full Version : What would you change?

Corabar Entertainment
09-08-2006, 10:25 PM
If you had every resource in the world available to you, what piece of kit that doesn't already exist would you have designed and made for you? (eg a different type of stand, a lighting effect that did x, y or z, or something small like a new type of clamp, or a trolley... let your imagination run wild!!!!) :teeth:

Paul James Promotions
09-08-2006, 10:31 PM
A compact wind-up stand with a decent load capacity......

dj_ags
09-08-2006, 10:35 PM
A light-weight amplifier, which still had all the functions and performance sytle of any other amplifier currently on the market.

Possibly opt to make everything slim-lined, but i doubt that would be practical for road use :(

A1DL
09-08-2006, 10:40 PM
A light-weight amplifier, which still had all the functions and performance sytle of any other amplifier currently on the market.

Possibly opt to make everything slim-lined, but i doubt that would be practical for road use :(

Haven't Harman already done that with the Crown I-Tech 8000 ?
8000wrms out of 2u and weighing in at only 10.5kg

Paul James Promotions
09-08-2006, 10:40 PM

Depends how light you mean. The QSC PLXs are pretty **** light. There are also lots of 1U lightweight amps on the market.

Solitaire Events Ltd
09-08-2006, 11:09 PM
An inflatable disco...

Open up the bag, inflate and away you go..

Corabar Steve
09-08-2006, 11:21 PM
One touch set up disco, like one touch tents, only disco :)

DMX Will
09-08-2006, 11:28 PM
dmx fixtures that just know what channel they should be assigned to, to save you and your calculator 15 minutes of time :)

BeerFunk
09-08-2006, 11:32 PM
A computer which could store 1000s of tracks in CD quality, and which could simulate a set of 2 decks and a mixer

DMX Will
09-08-2006, 11:47 PM
A computer which could store 1000s of tracks in CD quality, and which could simulate a set of 2 decks and a mixer
Providing you have the kick ass software/hardware, you can do that now!

Solitaire Events Ltd
09-08-2006, 11:49 PM

PCDJ, DAC-2 and CDS ripped to WAV then?

DMX Will
09-08-2006, 11:52 PM
Wav isnt CD quality, or is it?!

If not every CD ever made these days has been mixed down on a computer, even if its a digital multi track, its still (in this day and age) a computer at the heart of it.

Solitaire Events Ltd
09-08-2006, 11:58 PM
Wav isnt CD quality, or is it?!

If not every CD ever made these days has been mixed down on a computer, even if its a digital multi track, its still (in this day and age) a computer at the heart of it.

WAV, CDA, whatever you like...

wayne_uk
10-08-2006, 01:49 AM
disco in a briefcase, press button for set up, and at the end of the night press it again for briefcase, perfect for stairs
have fun
wayne

Ricesnaps
10-08-2006, 04:56 AM
Here's two, one a little more sensible than the other....

1. Broadband speed free wi-fi in all areas of the UK, especially remote areas with village halls so I can download absolutely every track known to man on demand!

2. A mind converter that ensures a guest is never unhappy when you don't have the obscure request they have just asked for

A1DL
10-08-2006, 09:20 AM
Having slept on this one, how about a "Zeberdee Button" on the base of roadtrunks :teeth:

simply press this small, discreet button and a giant spring elevates from underneath the trunk in question and places it on top of another, perfectly placed within the stacking dishes and with brakes applied...

... and not just with empties!

DMX Will
10-08-2006, 11:52 AM
so I can download absolutely every track known to man on demand!
We've been known to do that, and webcam a disco over MSN!

BeerFunk
10-08-2006, 12:58 PM

Providing you have the kick ass software/hardware, you can do that now!

A new concept for you - sarcasm

Shaun
10-08-2006, 07:04 PM
I'd like a go-go-gadget disco.

Kinda like the old inspector gadget cartoons where at the flick of the button everything unfolds out and sets itself up.

Yes...I'm a dreamer :D

Steve the DJ
10-08-2006, 10:01 PM
A Tux with built in air-con.

A light that made attractive women's clothing see through but only to the DJ (awaits rapped knuckles from Angela...).

Underwear, normally a thong for me... :cool:, with a built in "mini mixer" that controlled the laptop/cd players from a distance so I could go for a wee or to the bar and still mix a cracking party set....

Does it show that I have been drinking tonight?

DMX Will
10-08-2006, 10:09 PM
Does it show that I have been drinking tonight?

Err yes?

Corabar Entertainment
10-08-2006, 10:10 PM
A light that made attractive women's clothing see through but only to the DJ (awaits rapped knuckles from Angela...).Consider them well and truly battered! :omg: :)
Underwear, normally a thong for me... :cool:, FAAAAAAAAAAAAR too much information! :eek:

Does it show that I have been drinking tonight?No, never! :D

Solitaire Events Ltd
10-08-2006, 10:10 PM
Disgusting...:teeth::beer::beer::beer:

Thames Valley Discos
10-08-2006, 10:22 PM
A virtual DJ, so i can go down pub while he/it does the show.

DMX Will
10-08-2006, 10:24 PM
No one has suggested a big team of roadies to do everything from unloading to setting up to sound checking. So you just DJ.

Solitaire Events Ltd
10-08-2006, 10:28 PM
No one has suggested a big team of roadies to do everything from unloading to setting up to sound checking. So you just DJ.

You mean you don't already have that? :omg:

Thames Valley Discos
10-08-2006, 10:34 PM
An odourless fag, so no one could smell it when i lit up behind the decks

LeapCreative
10-08-2006, 10:38 PM
Thing i'd most like?

A roadie that can:

1. Be shown how to setup the lighting and sound, and remember how to do it next time
2. Take slightly more interest in the music than the buffet
3. Not be wasted before the slow dances start
4. Have personal hygeine standards slightly above that of a chimp
5. Realise that speakers can break when you throw them into the boot of a car

I know i know, my standards are waaaaay too high ;-)

DMX Will
10-08-2006, 10:57 PM
Someone's had bad experience then!

Corabar Entertainment
10-08-2006, 11:00 PM
Thing i'd most like?

A roadie that can:

1. Be shown how to setup the lighting and sound, and remember how to do it next time
4. Have personal hygeine standards slightly above that of a chimp
5. Realise that speakers can break when you throw them into the boot of a car

I know i know, my standards are waaaaay too high ;-)So cynical for one so young! :omg:

Paul James Promotions
10-08-2006, 11:09 PM

Not a chance :teeth: :teeth:

Solitaire Events Ltd
10-08-2006, 11:15 PM
Not a chance :teeth: :teeth:

Speaking from experience there J? :teeth:

Paul James Promotions
10-08-2006, 11:17 PM
Speaking from experience there J? :teeth:

:zip:

A1DL
10-08-2006, 11:20 PM
how about a solar powered halogen flood on a stake, that would work in the pitch black at 3am in the morning

LeapCreative
10-08-2006, 11:27 PM
nah, not cynical angela......just a lot of experience with roadies lol

might be a preston thing, who knows lol

DMX Will
10-08-2006, 11:32 PM
how about a solar powered halogen flood on a stake, that would work in the pitch black at 3am in the morning

solar powered "in the pitch black" yes..hmmm

Jiggles
11-08-2006, 09:56 AM
Well for outside gigs it would be a van that you drove up to where you ant and you pressed a button and it folded out to fully working disco under a gazebo and all you need is power

Have a disco
11-08-2006, 10:43 AM
Ability to turn annoying customers, those that just know when to turn around and sit down again as there on there way up . as to save you from getting wound up and giving them silly answers. Like do you have anything I can dance to??? ZAP person never arrives

Perfect customers would be heavenly

Corabar Entertainment
11-08-2006, 10:58 AM
Hmmm - not sure that customers qualify as a piece of kit, though :teeth:
If you had every resource in the world available to you, what piece of kit that doesn't already exist would you have designed and made for you? :teeth: :teeth:

Jiggles
11-08-2006, 11:16 AM
Hmmm - not sure that customers qualify as a piece of kit, though :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

Well they make you and your kit lok a lot better :teeth: (sometimes)

Corabar Steve
11-08-2006, 04:31 PM
Hmmm - not sure that customers qualify as a piece of kit, though :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:
Maybe not but Badger's gadget that turns them into prefect customers is :teeth:

Have a disco
11-08-2006, 11:28 PM
Lets see what was that machine on that film Total Recall called now that would be perfect for grouchy customers at every ****ed disco no matter where you appear. just stick them in the chair and ZAP perfect customers that always dance no matter what you play ideal piece of kit in my eyes unless Arnold Swaznegger turned up to ruin the part LOL