PDA

View Full Version : Forum Avatar/Profile Picture

Steve the DJ
23-12-2010, 09:54 AM
Scary as pictures of ourselves can be (:D), having a real picture of yourself either as your avatar or within your profile can be handy in ways you never imagined.

At a recent Christmas Party a guy came up to me and said "...are you Steve - FDDJ?" :eek:

Turned out he was a fellow MDD user and recognised me because of my avatar.

So don't be shy, add a picture somewhere, you never know who you will bump into!

yourdj
23-12-2010, 10:08 AM
Good point. I spent the whole of the BPM after party not knowing who anyone is and vice versa.

Danno was an obvious one as he always has a picture of himself.

Charlie Brown
23-12-2010, 10:08 AM
It's nice to see who you are talking too as well.

yourdj
23-12-2010, 10:10 AM
We would not get very far on your one then :)

Daryll
23-12-2010, 10:11 AM
You mean that`s not you in your avatar Toby...

:sofa:

Steve the DJ
23-12-2010, 10:15 AM
We would not get very far on your one then :)

You would if you were walking behind him! :D

You can add a profile picture from within your UserCP, just do it, you know it makes sense, it so much nicer to see who you are arguing with!

:approve:

Shakermaker Promotions
23-12-2010, 10:37 AM
Here you go!

(and it was Halloween by the way!).

Chris1984
23-12-2010, 10:41 AM
Here you go - not great one mind!

Corabar Steve
23-12-2010, 10:49 AM
There are enough pictures of me floating around the forum without adding my avatar to the total.

I've always thought there was something egotistical, sad or cheesey (or any combination thereof) about using a pic of yourself as your avatar (no offence to those who do). The only thing even remotely similar that I use my photo for is FB

StarZSoundS
23-12-2010, 10:57 AM
I mentioned I did some Charity Work in Old Peoples Homes.

They absolutely love it....especially when I put an old Neil Daimond(type) shirt I had made for a local "Stars In Your Eyes" night..... :eek: :eek: :eek:

Steve the DJ
23-12-2010, 10:58 AM
I've always thought there was something egotistical, sad or cheesey (or any combination thereof) about using a pic of yourself as your avatar (no offence to those who do).

I've always thought there was something sad, depressing and egotistical (or any combination thereof) about using a pic of something or someone else as your avatar (no offence to those who do). :p

I think too many people use the forum persona they create as an excuse for what they say or do, things they would never normally do in real life face to face but they feel safe to do so when hiding behind a created identity.

Using a user name that bares no relation to your real name (or business) is also just as strange in my book.

Runs off to hide...

:sofa:

Corabar Steve
23-12-2010, 11:09 AM
Well I'm off the hook on the second point completely, & I think I'm OK on the first by virtue of the amount of pictures of me that have appeared on the forum over the years. OK it's a technicality, but still a valid one. :sj: Anyway up until Xmas, my avatar contained a South Park representation of me, that's good enough :P

Your signature's a bit on the large side Steve :P :P :sj:

Solitaire Events Ltd
23-12-2010, 11:25 AM
At a recent Christmas Party a guy came up to me and said "...are you Steve - FDDJ?" :eek:

Turned out he was a fellow MDD user and recognised me because of my avatar.

Was it at Beaumont and who was it?

Tell tell tell! :D

Steve the DJ
23-12-2010, 11:34 AM
...I think I'm OK on the first by virtue of the amount of pictures of me that have appeared on the forum over the years...

You were drunk in most of them! :beer1:

Was it at Beaumont and who was it?

Tell tell tell! :D

It was indeed, it was Kishan from Make A Note Disco. I'll let him tell you who he also works for and whether or not he had a good night! :D

Corabar Steve
23-12-2010, 11:36 AM
You were drunk in most of them! :beer1:
& your point is????? :sj::BeerDevil::sj:

Han anyone else noticed it's always the ugly sods who use their photo as an avatar? :sj: http://planetsmilies.net/vicious-smiley-1763.gif (http://planetsmilies.net) :sj:

Shaun
23-12-2010, 12:04 PM
Han anyone else noticed it's always the ugly sods who use their photo as an avatar? :sj: http://planetsmilies.net/vicious-smiley-1763.gif (http://planetsmilies.net) :sj:

:boxer2:

Excalibur
23-12-2010, 12:06 PM
There are enough pictures of me floating around the forum without adding my avatar to the total.

I've always thought there was something egotistical, sad or cheesey (or any combination thereof) about using a pic of yourself as your avatar (no offence to those who do). The only thing even remotely similar that I use my photo for is FB

I'm broadly in agreement with Corabar Steve on this one. Piccies of myself in various attire have been seen on here a few times. If you can't recognise a balding, moustachioed Old Git, then shame on you. :p :D :D :D :D

Ecstatic Events
23-12-2010, 12:16 PM
Here you go!

(and it was Halloween by the way!).

Is that really you Gary??? :D

Richie
23-12-2010, 12:49 PM
Here you go. :)

Corabar Steve
23-12-2010, 12:50 PM
Stop it you little tinker! :sj:

Shakermaker Promotions
23-12-2010, 01:11 PM
Mike - Yes! It was me as Uncle Fester at Halloween.

(the only difference to my usual appearence is that I don't usually wear contact lenses and after that particular event, never again!).

Ecstatic Events
23-12-2010, 01:13 PM
Ha Ha - You look completely different!!!

You look really 'orrible in that photo, like you're about to bite someones nose off! Lol

DeckstarDeluxe
23-12-2010, 01:15 PM
In all fairness we do have a thread in the gallery section I think where people have posted photos of themselves?

Mark Wild
23-12-2010, 01:26 PM
I prefer not to see any of you in your avatars, it isn't pretty ! :D

Corabar Steve
23-12-2010, 01:26 PM
Mike - Yes! It was me as Uncle Fester at Halloween.

(the only difference to my usual appearence is that I don't usually wear contact lenses and after that particular event, never again!).

Ha Ha - You look completely different!!!

You look really 'orrible in that photo, like you're about to bite someones nose off! Lol
Why am I thinking Marty Feldman??? :sj:

Shakermaker Promotions
23-12-2010, 02:00 PM
You tell me!!

My eyes aren't massive and sticking out each side of my head are they?

Corabar Steve
23-12-2010, 02:02 PM
http://www.uglymales.com/wc/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/marty-feldman1.jpg

Maybe not then :sj:

Shakermaker Promotions
23-12-2010, 02:04 PM
Ha!Ha! Classic!
I know who he is/was but some of the younger ones may not.

There you go! I can't see any resemblance myself but if it makes you chuckle then cool....it IS Christmas afterall.

Corabar Steve
23-12-2010, 02:06 PM
http://www.earlybath.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Marty-Feldman.jpg

"Is that Frodrick Fronkensteen then? & it's pronounced Eyegor"

Excalibur
23-12-2010, 02:07 PM
Ha!Ha! Classic!
I know who he is/was but some of the younger ones may not.
There you go! I can't see any resemblance myself but if it makes you chuckle then cool....it IS Christmas afterall.

Unlucky then, aren't they. I'm now off to search for The Coach Trip on youtube. ;) :D :D

Edit: Found it. :D :D
YouTube - Marty Feldman-Lightning coach tours

Wait for me! |

Corabar Steve
23-12-2010, 02:07 PM
Unlucky then, aren't they. I'm now off to search for The Coach Trip on youtube. ;) :D :D
"Wait for me!"

Shakermaker Promotions
23-12-2010, 02:09 PM
Oi! Behave!!

I can just about handle the Phil Mitchell comparisons but that camp bloke off 'Coach Trip'?

Now you're having a bubble!

Corabar Steve
23-12-2010, 02:14 PM
Edit: Found it. :D :D
Classic! :sj:

Corabar Entertainment
23-12-2010, 02:16 PM
:ontopic:

:whistle: