PDA

View Full Version : MacBook Air

Dj Diddy Davies
23-12-2010, 01:21 PM
Anyone use a Macbook Air (one of the new ones) for DJ'ing?

If you do, what software do you run on it?

I currently use a MacBook Pro running XP under Bootcamp and OTSav. I'm looking at this route as a back up.

Many thanks

Steve.

WWDJ
23-12-2010, 02:18 PM
Over on the Native Instruments Traktor Pro forum there are discussions on using Traktor Pro on the Air.

I'm not sure whether anyone has made the leap here ... I am considering an Ipad as backup.

Jiggles
23-12-2010, 09:08 PM
For the same price go for a 13 inch Macbook. You get a CD drive, bigger processor and a bigger screen.

deltic
24-12-2010, 07:54 AM
i have vdj 7.02 pro running quite happily on a macbook.use it with hc4500

it's the mac version and not running via bootcamp,the only slight downer there is not as many plug ins for mac.

i also have traktor pro installed but havn't used it with the controller yet,just really sitting there as back up along with djay and megaseg.

Dj Diddy Davies
24-12-2010, 08:32 AM
Thanks for the replies...

It's the new Mac Book Air's with flash drive that i'm looking at.

I've already got a 15" Macbook Pro.

I just wondered if anyone used the Mac Book Air's?

Thanks

Steve.

Charlie Brown
25-12-2010, 07:48 AM
Sorry for robbing your thread...

What is the best mac to go for? After seeing a mates last night...I seriously fancy one.

Any linkys would be much appreciated.

Jiggles
25-12-2010, 08:27 AM
Macbook Pro Best of everything imo. What ever screen size you want. :) http://store.apple.com/uk/browse/home/shop_mac/family/macbook_pro?mco=MTM3NjU5MzU

yourdj
25-12-2010, 09:43 AM
I have been looking at an 11 inch one as it will also be good for travelling/dj-travelling.
Should run serato if its not clogged up with loads of other crap.

The pro is a better more reliable tool for the job however.
I use a black macbook which looks the part and runs fine.

Looked at ipad but I assume it does not work on OS X. the djay software looks good on it.

DJ James Lake
25-12-2010, 10:11 AM
Sorry for robbing your thread...

What is the best mac to go for? After seeing a mates last night...I seriously fancy one.

Any linkys would be much appreciated.

Any of the macbook pro range.

Charlie Brown
25-12-2010, 11:50 AM
So all the 'pro' series are the same....but with a different screen size?

Jiggles
25-12-2010, 12:06 PM
Well yeh kinda. Take a look at the site and see what the differeces are. Its like a Dell (Apple) Inspiron (Macbook Pro) then you get different specs etc.

WWDJ
25-12-2010, 12:24 PM
So all the 'pro' series are the same....but with a different screen size?

The 13" is considerably cheaper but does use Core 2 Duo as opposed to I5 or I7 chips and the screen resolution is lower

I use a 13" however and it is plenty running Traktor Pro with 2 decks and although it would be nice to have more screen real estate it, it isn't really to much of an issue (well for a 500 pound saving anyhow)