PDA

View Full Version : Speaker Stands

Mayhem 1
24-12-2010, 10:39 AM
Gentlemen:

First of all sorry if this is posted in the wrong place.

I am looking for new speaker stands next year and wondered if any members have seen these or used them - Ultimate TS-99BL.

They look to be compressed air stands (or similar) I can not find them available in the UK so is there any others that are similar that you may know about???

BTW - Have a "COOL YULE Guys" :beer1: :beer1:

Corabar Steve
24-12-2010, 10:49 AM
Not used them myself, but looking at the website http://www.ultimatesupport.com/product/TS-99BL they appear to be the dogs danglies. 68.2kg seems very good for a speaker tripod (our heaviest speakers are something like 22kg).

Not sure if I'd trust the telescopic leg though, although I've never had the need to set up on that much of an uneven surface.

Excalibur
24-12-2010, 11:01 AM
Not used them myself, but looking at the website http://www.ultimatesupport.com/product/TS-99BL they appear to be the dogs danglies. 68.2kg seems very good for a speaker tripod (our heaviest speakers are something like 22kg).
Wuss. :p :D :D However, even I would baulk at trying to hoist 0ver 60Kg onto a tripod. :eek: :eek:

Not sure if I'd trust the telescopic leg though, although I've never had the need to set up on that much of an uneven surface.

I have, and I've got pics to prove it. :( :( I'd expect that facility to be used once in a blue moon. It may be something you never use, or it may on that one occasion be a lifesaver. I don't know. :confused:

TONYTIGER
24-12-2010, 11:03 AM
Gentlemen:

First of all sorry if this is posted in the wrong place.

I am looking for new speaker stands next year and wondered if any members have seen these or used them - Ultimate TS-99BL.

They look to be compressed air stands (or similar) I can not find them available in the UK so is there any others that are similar that you may know about???

BTW - Have a "COOL YULE Guys" :beer1: :beer1:

Hi Mayhem,yes its me again the mind of information yes we use these cant fault them well made and really do work if you want a pair you can get at Absolute Music in Poole Dorset the man to speak to is Andy but there not cheap but nothing thats any good never is any problems pm me

deltic
24-12-2010, 12:27 PM
Hi Mayhem,yes its me again the mind of information yes we use these cant fault them well made and really do work if you want a pair you can get at Absolute Music in Poole Dorset the man to speak to is Andy but there not cheap but nothing thats any good never is any problems pm me

is it the ts-100b that you have?

TONYTIGER
24-12-2010, 12:41 PM
is it the ts-100b that you have?

Got some of both ,but the ts-100b is even better very stable and well made and really takes the effort out of getting those cabs up in the air.Found them perfect for getting my QSC K10s really high and then the tilt facility gets the sound were i want it.

Twinspin
24-12-2010, 01:14 PM
I had a look at some and I cant say I've seen those ones. I've seen them before though artists using them.

Another pair of speaker stands that I looked at are some made by Peavey they are the Peavey S1 stands they don't have threads they use a locking bolt and pin they will carry 48kg.

but those ultimate ones look good

wensleydale
24-12-2010, 01:23 PM
Surely not many speakers these days can be 68kg?

TONYTIGER
24-12-2010, 01:32 PM
Surely not many speakers these days can be 68kg?

That,s the max weight they will lift using the gas hoist system.

You put your speaker on as normal (they are quite low) then select the lift knob undo then up they go without any lifting when at required height do up knob job done,reverse for bringing down.

wensleydale
24-12-2010, 01:41 PM
That,s the max weight they will lift using the gas hoist system.

You put your speaker on as normal (they are quite low) then select the lift knob undo then up they go without any lifting when at required height do up knob job done,reverse for bringing down.

I get that, but there's talk of 48kg capacity, 68kg capacity, but most cabs will be 20-30kg these days arent they?

deltic
24-12-2010, 02:17 PM
very bad thread...........................

turns out now i want to buy a new pair of speaker stands.

DAVESOUNDS SERVICES
24-12-2010, 02:18 PM
The Telelock barrell does not lift the speakers by magic !
All it does is activate a 1 way catch so the user can pull
them up without them falling back down.
then when they are raised lock them
To lower select lower and gravity will drop the speaker
Ive got em think mine are TS 80s
probably obsolite
Cheers

TONYTIGER
24-12-2010, 02:19 PM
I get that, but there's talk of 48kg capacity, 68kg capacity, but most cabs will be 20-30kg these days arent they?

Yes i agree with you but Mayhems original post was about these actual stands
as i use this make i posted the information he required.

Not that many will use big heavy cabs but its nice to know these will lift 68kg if required. So even a 2 x 15 + horn and i have some that are around the 45kgs mark.

Corabar Entertainment
24-12-2010, 02:19 PM
very bad thread...........................

turns out now i want to buy a new pair of speaker stands.....when 4 hours ago, you were perfectly content with the ones you had, eh? :D

TONYTIGER
24-12-2010, 02:25 PM
The Telelock barrell does not lift the speakers by magic !
All it does is activate a 1 way catch so the user can pull
them up without them falling back down.
then when they are raised lock them
To lower select lower and gravity will drop the speaker
Ive got em think mine are TS 80s
probably obsolite
Cheers

Yes Dave you have got the old model ,with the new version you have to watch you don,t send your speaker into outer orbit so best to keep your hand on it.

My roadie when he first used them went straight through the suspended ceiling great fun.:)

DAVESOUNDS SERVICES
24-12-2010, 02:33 PM
My roadie when he first used them went straight through the suspended ceiling great fun.

Thanks for that Tony
YOUVE JUST MADE MY DAY!!!
Ironically its the sort of thing my roadie would do!!!!:) :)
Wish youd taken a picture!!
Have a good Xmas

DAVE

Corabar Entertainment
24-12-2010, 02:42 PM
Dave - do you know how to use the quote facility on the forum?

deltic
24-12-2010, 04:10 PM
....when 4 hours ago, you were perfectly content with the ones you had, eh? :D

was more than happy with the many stands i already have.

it's now gone from want a pair of these ultimate stands.................to i need a pair of these stands,how did i ever manage without them.

Corabar Steve
24-12-2010, 04:10 PM
Yes Dave you have got the old model ,with the new version you have to watch you don,t send your speaker into outer orbit so best to keep your hand on it.

My roadie when he first used them went straight through the suspended ceiling great fun.:)
http://planetsmilies.net/sign-smiley-438.gif (http://planetsmilies.net)

TONYTIGER
25-12-2010, 10:06 AM
I have had a few pm,s regarding the Ultimate Stands re were available.

www.absolutemusic.co.uk Tel 01202 597180 part Ultimate Support TS 100B

For those interested ,although you may change your mind when you see the price £ 105 each .

deltic
25-12-2010, 10:59 AM
I have had a few pm,s regarding the Ultimate Stands re were available.

www.absolutemusic.co.uk Tel 01202 597180 part Ultimate Support TS 100B

For those interested ,although you may change your mind when you see the price £ 105 each .

quality costs,well worth it in the long run