PDA

View Full Version : Lasers yet again

Ricesnaps
10-08-2006, 09:47 PM
OK, same record (if a bit scratched).

STILL want a laser, but might actually buy one this time!

Just interested in anyone has experience of:

Pure Light 60mW Green Laser System

and

Chauvet LGG-2000-RG

Thanks

Have a disco
10-08-2006, 10:53 PM
Still would suggest for non DMX'd DJ's the EU pro4 laser system now selling for about £250 on ebay they are ideal for a disco's first laser after this I would seriously consider the rainbow 7 colour laser system as these are the DB's but are still very dear a system even for a DMX set all lasers like these are all DIODE based lasers which are the safest on the market compared to argon based ones

Ricesnaps
11-08-2006, 06:32 AM
Wabbit, many of the details for lasers state that the diode it guaranteed for so many months. Does this mean they don't last? Can you replace a diode when it stops working and are they expensive and difficult to replace?

GrahamH
11-08-2006, 08:52 AM
I was recently looking at lasers and had a demo of the Funky Phoenix Trident 180Mw Tri-Colour (£299) at the DJ Superstore in Rayleigh, Essex. Not as big as some of the lasers i looked at but just as good. First outing with it this weekend.

Funky Phoenix Trident HERE (http://www.djsuperstore.co.uk/item/laser-systems/209178-funky-phoenix-trident-180mw-tri-colour-£299.00)

Have a disco
11-08-2006, 10:05 AM
Wabbit, many of the details for lasers state that the diode it guaranteed for so many months. Does this mean they don't last? Can you replace a diode when it stops working and are they expensive and difficult to replace?

til my diode goes wrong I couldn't tell you except that mine has a life expectancy of about 5000hrs more than most disco's would ever use it for most do give a warranty of 12 months but this is std with anything I believe that there is one still running in the test labs at eu which has done 20,000hrs continuously but this is static and dont get bashed about like what we would do in transportation hence the 5000hrs warranty. thats about 1250 disco's if you used it for 4 hrs at everyone

abyssdjhire
11-08-2006, 04:48 PM
we have a load of new lasers available.. ranging from under £200 to over £10,000

Have a disco
11-08-2006, 05:20 PM
just a small plug then abbyss EH:lightning LOL:omg:

DMX Will
11-08-2006, 05:55 PM
we have a load of new lasers available.. ranging from under £200 to over £10,000

Why can I only find one then?

dj_ags
11-08-2006, 06:14 PM
We run a pair of the EU Cosmic 210 lasers..very good effects for the money.

I would certainly look at the EU range, as they provide reliability in the products that they make. They have been making lasers over a long period of time and are proven in what they do. However, Chauvet seem to be new to the market, as do Funky..but still worth a look though :)

I cannot comment on the Chauvet and Funky ranges of lasers as i havn't see them in demo..but i have seen quite a few EU lasers in action, and i have been impressed with them, especially the EU GX40, which is an adequate 40mw laser for a mobile disco. There seem to be quite a few on ebay at the moment, so worth a look on there.

The emerald scans, from Prolight/American DJ are very good effects for the money, and provide that little extra as the laser light is projected using a larger mirror, as seen on most scanners.

abyssdjhire
11-08-2006, 06:47 PM
Why can I only find one then?

Thats because there not on there yet like alot of other stuff.

keri

GrahamH
11-08-2006, 07:16 PM
Thats because there not on there yet like alot of other stuff.

keri

polite and straight to the point :teeth: :teeth:

abyssdjhire
11-08-2006, 07:32 PM
we only recieved the catalogs and info for them a few days ago... the catalog is about an inch thick...

Have a disco
12-08-2006, 12:40 AM
We run a pair of the EU Cosmic 210 lasers..very good effects for the money.

I would certainly look at the EU range, as they provide reliability in the products that they make. They have been making lasers over a long period of time and are proven in what they do. However, Chauvet seem to be new to the market, as do Funky..but still worth a look though :)

I cannot comment on the Chauvet and Funky ranges of lasers as i havn't see them in demo..but i have seen quite a few EU lasers in action, and i have been impressed with them, especially the EU GX40, which is an adequate 40mw laser for a mobile disco. There seem to be quite a few on ebay at the moment, so worth a look on there.

The emerald scans, from Prolight/American DJ are very good effects for the money, and provide that little extra as the laser light is projected using a larger mirror, as seen on most scanners.

would avoid the american DJ / Prolight ones like plague as the are only 6mw (very weak for lasers) but there Idea is excellent having them on scanners a thought for the future there

Both Funky & Chauvet get theres made in the same place as EU china at the same manufacturers Just diferent casings but yes EU have a par eccellence where it comes to lasers

dj steady
12-08-2006, 03:03 PM
I have a pair of E.U. gx40 lasers dmx as master and slave absolutley awsome would recomend them to anyone...