PDA

View Full Version : LED Effects

Andy Goodtimes
28-12-2010, 07:19 AM
I'm thinking of buying some LED effects but am very much out of date regarding what's about and how good they have become. I used to keep up to date wiht all the latest kit and go to lots of shows and frequently visit disco shops but in the past year or so I haven't been near a show or disco shop.

On my main show I use Wizard extremes and am happy with them but if the LED stuff is good enough I would consider swapping them as the Wizards are very heavy, the lamps are a lot of money, they take up loads of room in their flight cases and they do need frequent cleaning out in order to keep them up to the job.

On my second show I use some Impossableds, I have had them a couple of years and although I think they are brillliant value for money I don't think they are up to replacing my Wizards. I have been looking at some of the newer LED effects on the net and have seen some of the famous videos from Mike at Phase 1 but would like to hear first hand off anyone using them.

supersound
28-12-2010, 07:25 AM
The Cougars are a gobo LED light and now come with DMX and a c8 controller.I have seen these demo'd at a DJ meeting and they look ok but I dont think they have the throw of a HID bulb light.

Paul

TONYTIGER
28-12-2010, 07:41 AM
As you have the Wizards you will be hard pressed to find led units that will match the sort of performance you are used to and most of the stuff around wont cut the mustard and give you the options,if you fancy some moving heads that are light weight, bright and give you lots of variables have a look at the Vizi range from ADJ or some of there led scanners.

DeckstarDeluxe
28-12-2010, 01:32 PM
Stick with the Wizards!!!

deltic
28-12-2010, 02:05 PM
The Cougars are a gobo LED light and now come with DMX and a c8 controller.I have seen these demo'd at a DJ meeting and they look ok but I dont think they have the throw of a HID bulb light.

Paul

you'll probably see them again,head to head with a pair of datamoons in january.

Dynamic Entertainment
28-12-2010, 02:44 PM
I will swap my MiracLEDs for your Wizards.....

On a serious note, you will be hard pressed to find a suitable LED replacement with the current level of technology available.

TONYTIGER
28-12-2010, 04:09 PM
I will swap my MiracLEDs for your Wizards.....

On a serious note, you will be hard pressed to find a suitable LED replacement with the current level of technology available.

Catch up at the back post 3

Andy Goodtimes
28-12-2010, 08:41 PM
Judging by the replies I shall prob stick to what I have. A mate has told me the Radiators are ok, I understand they are like a Derby, I have some really old but good Lampo Derby lights that I do like so I might take a look at them if the local store has them.

I have from the 2nd till 7th Jan with nothing so will try and get the Wizards in for a service and lamp change etc.