PDA

View Full Version : Happy now

gaza
30-12-2010, 07:17 PM
Hi people how are you all

Just though that i would give my opinion on the Mackie 300 passive speakers.

I know that lots of people on here have either the Mackie 300s or the Mackie active 450s. Well this might sound odd ( pardon the pun ) but i got rid of my bass bins and for larger events i am going to be using a pair of W audio prs15 speakers and i have these on the floor at the foot of the speaker stands and on the stands i now have a pair of Mackie 300 speakers.

Did a test today in my house and because the W audio are now on the floor the bass was very good and couple of Christmas cards fell of the shelf:D the Mackie's sounded sweet with a crisper sound and they do sound better than the W audio speakers as you wood expect. So i am happy now and will use the set up in medium to large function rooms. All i have to do now is get some covers for the Mackie speakers.

Thanks for reading this and all the best for the new year.

Andy Goodtimes
11-01-2011, 01:04 AM
If you don't mind the speaker covers saying Sound Lab or Skytech they'll fit...think mine are Sound Lab 12 inch bags and they're fine and cheaper. Just bought some RCF 12 inch bags off Absolute Music Solutions and they'll fit too and are prob a bit better quality...£40 each.