PDA

View Full Version : Renting Garages and Industrial Units

music-2-play
12-08-2006, 01:11 PM
Hi, was looking for a little feedback from you guys. The amount of equipment I now have is engulfing my house and I'm considering renting a garage or storage space in which to store my bulkier equipment. I live in the South-East/Kent region. It should preferably be cctv/security patrolled. Does anyone know of a business who provides these sort of lock-ups?

music-2-play
12-08-2006, 01:12 PM
Oh, and obviously I should be able to get my van to the storage hold.

Thanks,

Matt

NeilP
12-08-2006, 02:00 PM
You'ver got the usual storage places such as Easistore, Big Yellow and so on. They usually offer CCTV protection etc, but watch out for opening hours, some of them only operate standard working hours (ie 8am - 6pm).

You can get rooms of all sorts of sizes, you won't be able to get your van right to the door, but they do usually have trolleys etc that you can use.

Other than that, it's probably look at your local paper.

leighinstoke
12-08-2006, 02:11 PM
Do you have a Jumbo Self Storage down your way? They are pretty good and some permit 24 hour access too.

Leigh...

GrahamH
12-08-2006, 04:20 PM
theres a couple of big yellows in the bromley area. 24 hour access with cctv
I service their doors and shutters :)
Not sure of there prices though

Mr.J-plug
16-08-2006, 12:21 AM
ive got a great deal the place where i store sHoCkWaVe sOuNdSyStEm (yes thats right mr Shockwave you read right!!) i get free electric its cctv covered n i can park about 10 merc sprinters in there n theres about 40 odd other lock ups around so theres always somebody about n i can sound check the 20k rig with no complaints all for a tenner a week. No use to you music-2-play i just wanted to show off. but there are good deals about. Farmers are normaly good n who would expect a load of disco gear to be kept on a farm. As long as you make it secure.

DMX Will
16-08-2006, 12:43 AM
Hi Mr.J-plug, welcome to the MDD Forums, Why not introduce yourself in our "Newbies" section?

(my turn for the famous line ;))

Paul James Promotions
16-08-2006, 11:43 AM
Yeah, tell us more about your 20k rig :D

xtreme040
16-08-2006, 12:17 PM
link removed for legal reasons

Corabar Entertainment
16-08-2006, 12:28 PM
Um - I don't know if that was anything to do with Mr J Plug, but that link is advertising illegal parties, so I've removed the link.

Mr.J-plug
16-08-2006, 10:26 PM
? yeah i noticed that im a new member? Ive posted on here a few times n i think i have already been to the newbies section about a year ago but i may be wrong. Maybe i've not been loyal enough to keep my post count?? Whitehouse im sure you know bits of the rig? Theres alsorts. A hd rig, a reflex rig n the scoops n also the ever growing Napalm rig. Were did you find that web address? Like you said thats sites nothing to do with me. :angel: :teeth:

Solitaire Events Ltd
16-08-2006, 11:03 PM
I have to say J Plug that I thought I recognised the name and even looked though the members for you as it rung a bell with me, but you were no-where to be seen!?!

I know that the webmaster deleted a load of posts a few months ago, and maybe yours were in them?

Mr.J-plug
17-08-2006, 05:25 PM
Maybe, it has been a while but its nice to see the forum is still collecting many new members n lots of interesting topics.

Corabar Entertainment
17-08-2006, 05:30 PM
You'll just have to visit and contribute more often to keep your post count up, won't you? :teeth: :teeth:

Mr.J-plug
17-08-2006, 06:10 PM
Most definately :teeth: i'll be ''up town top rankin'' poster before you know it i promise :angel:

Corabar Entertainment
17-08-2006, 06:26 PM
Lol! :)

Have a disco
17-08-2006, 09:54 PM
Hi Mr J-Plug part timer dot com LOL