PDA

View Full Version : Dj work stations???

soundlad
12-08-2006, 06:30 PM
Right then the computer is now mine agian, i have just come back off holiday!!

Just wondering what dj work stations that hold all your equipment on at gigs are the best???

cheers
zach

mg ents
12-08-2006, 08:15 PM
were wondering the same at the moment, by the sounds of it Ulitmax are the best, got a lot of add ons you can buy too....not sure who has the best price for them though, anyone know???

Corabar Entertainment
12-08-2006, 08:23 PM
this was on a thread very recently - within the last week, I think. Try searching the forum for 'Ultimax'

Corabar Entertainment
12-08-2006, 08:25 PM
Actually, I've just searched: you started the thread mg, asking the same question!!!!! http://www.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2979&highlight=ultimax

....I thought you needed the stand by last Monday?

Jiggles
12-08-2006, 08:32 PM
I have a giraff one its a good versitile one

funkymike
12-08-2006, 09:03 PM
what do you mean by work station?

Jiggles
12-08-2006, 09:12 PM
this :teeth: (http://www.terralec.com/prod.asp?event=enlargeimage&c=317&i=19977&img=prd%7B1775BFFB-221E-4E14-9F4D-28829626D3EB%7D.jpg&wrapper=hide)

funkymike
12-08-2006, 09:25 PM
er what?

Jiggles
12-08-2006, 09:43 PM
click the smiley

funkymike
12-08-2006, 10:20 PM
Oh yer, I got one of them, its pretty good, cant eat a whole one though

Jiggles
12-08-2006, 10:28 PM
this is what iv got it sutes me fine http://www.discostudio.co.uk/item-upn-1442.html

theoloyla
14-08-2006, 04:10 PM
I use a six foot lenth of kitchen work top placed on two light boxes which also double as storage as mentioned in another recent thread.

lightspeed
14-08-2006, 07:00 PM
Yeah ditto, i have the giraffe 4fter. Admittedly, i've heard the ultimax are better, which they probably are. As in sturdier or better quality. (Not that there's much to go wrong with a deckstand :D). Plus the silver top bar thing looks much better than the single black ones. With reagrds to the base of it though, its smashing. They're all pretty much the same anyway!

- Chris

Corabar Steve
14-08-2006, 07:24 PM
There is a discussion on this here (http://www.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2781&highlight=ultimax+giraffe+prolight) where I compared Ultimax, Giraffe & Prolight all in one stands as follows
As for Prolight stands being better than Ultimax, well I've used Ultimax, Giraffe & Prolight stands. From a distance they may all look the same but, (& it's a big but (cue Sir Mix-a-lot joke)) apart from having a far superior build quality Ultimax ones will take a heavier load, have loads of options & accessories, were the first to develop this kind of stand & if you're up close & can compare all three types, are more substantial.

The only drawback that I can think of is, that the cross members on the deck stand part are an all in one rectangle (the other types break down to individual bars)

Why would you consider that a drawback Steve?

I would have thought that would make the deck stand more stable.

Also, you can buy the cross members as a separate item, so you can make your stand bigger or smaller too.

Logistics, I can fit a 6ft one in my van, but even a 4ft one could cause problems if you are only using a car. 4 "straight lines" will always take less room than 2 rectangles of the same length.

Stability wise it makes no difference, once you've tightened the bolt it dosen't matter how many pieces the crossmember was in

Giraffe are the next quality wise, the bars are (with the exception of the lighting crossbar) noticably thinner than the Ultimax, but the build quality is fairly good.

Prolight (now this is odd because near enough everything I've come across of theirs lighting wise is good) are thinner than the Giraffe on all counts, don't seem to have been built well & (in the case of the one I've used at least) have a wobble, which can be a bit disturbing when you are standing more or less under your lights.

A1DL
14-08-2006, 10:52 PM
The problem with all stands of that type, is are they strong enough if someone with too much :beer: :beer: :beer: goes into them?

Solitaire Events Ltd
14-08-2006, 11:18 PM
The problem with all stands of that type, is are they strong enough if someone with too much :beer: :beer: :beer: goes into them?

Don't forget you have the weight of the deck/CD player and overhead bar with lighting if you're using it. That tends to add quite a lot of weight and someone would need to be 25 stone and take a run up to knock one over I reckon!

Corabar Steve
14-08-2006, 11:49 PM
I've had people come barreling into my Ultimax & had no problems so far, other than CDs jumping on impact.

A-L_Vibez
17-08-2006, 03:41 PM
We use the Giraffe as well and have never had any problems does exactly what it says on the tin!

Solitaire Events Ltd
17-08-2006, 03:48 PM
We use the Giraffe as well and have never had any problems does exactly what it says on the tin!

Your stand came in a tin? :omg: :teeth:

A-L_Vibez
17-08-2006, 03:57 PM

lol did I get a limited edition?

Corabar Steve
01-11-2006, 04:53 PM

Ours came in a nice canvas bag:D

lightspeed
01-11-2006, 05:45 PM
Callum you say your giraffe is very versatile. Well I have the giraffe and it is good as the deckstand. But I would hardly say it's versatile :confused: You can't by any add-ons for it like you can the ultimax. You cant lower or raise the working surface of it like you can on the ulitmax. So why is it versatile?

Corabar Steve
01-02-2009, 10:32 AM
Bumped because people still don't know how to use the SEARCH FACILITY

Excalibur
01-02-2009, 11:08 AM
Bumped because people still don't know how to use the SEARCH FACILITY

Steve, I could be wrong, but I get the feeling you're trying to tell us something? :confused: Am I warm? :whistle:

Corabar Steve
01-02-2009, 11:11 AM
http://planetsmilies.net/vicious-smiley-1761.gif (http://planetsmilies.net)

jamesh
01-02-2009, 02:35 PM

*yet another shameless plug on...*

That's why i'd get a deckstand booth... it's built to a high quality and to withstand people with too much beer!!! Even has an angled top to it to help stop people hanging over the stand with their drinks.