PDA

View Full Version : Predictable things people do..

Solitaire Events Ltd
13-08-2006, 06:40 PM
At weddings.

1. Men wearing ladies hats.
2. Women dancing round handbags.
3. People sucking in helium from balloons.
4. Two men dancing together.

Anymore for anymore?

Danno13
13-08-2006, 06:42 PM
People dancing on chairs/tables
The attractive bridesmaid going home with the Dj.. no??? is that just me??

funkymike
13-08-2006, 06:47 PM
Old people standing in front of the speakers and trying to talk

Solitaire Events Ltd
13-08-2006, 06:48 PM
And if they are old, sitting right next to the speakers.

funkymike
13-08-2006, 06:55 PM
and then complain its too loud

Have a disco
13-08-2006, 07:21 PM
People to keep coming up saying its too loud only for others to come up and say its too quiet aaaaaggggggghhhhhhhh

dj_ags
13-08-2006, 07:32 PM
Also, old people complaining that the lights are shining in their eyes and ask you to turn them off :mad:

Well its happened to us on a few occasions. Have any of you experienced this?

Have a disco
13-08-2006, 08:25 PM
yep I soon remind them that its a disco duh bright flashy things are our speciality and it would be easier for them too move than me move lights about

leighinstoke
13-08-2006, 08:30 PM
Never understood this one:

People bringing babies up to look at the lights.

plus

Young boys sliding across the dancefloor on their knees

or

Young girls dragging each other around the dancefloor

and finally

One old grandad dressed up like John Travolta but sadly can't dance like him.

Leigh...

Solitaire Events Ltd
13-08-2006, 08:33 PM
Small children running aimlessly round and round the dance floor.

leighinstoke
13-08-2006, 08:37 PM
A 'sister versus sister' or 'sister versus bride' argument?

The older members of the reception party going home early?

joburgo
13-08-2006, 08:40 PM
The uncle who prances around the dancefloor like a headless chicken.

leighinstoke
13-08-2006, 08:50 PM
The most drunken person at the wedding is usually the one who becomes your mate for the entire event, regularly coming up to you to say hello, tripping over whatever you have safely put into place, asking you for the most useless requests, dancing with every woman in the place who usually hate him.

He's usually the guy you find outside later having a ciggy, sober, as he's emptied all over the car-park just before he's either split with his girlfriend, saying she was useless anyway, while waiting for his taxi that someone else has taken finally asking you if you can give him a lift.

His female equivalent is usually the one who arrives with entourage of kids and granny, chavved up to the nines, is usually the one who starts the argument with her sister or the bride (who is usually her sister too) and then has a major bust up but not after she has done a 4-plate visit to the buffet even though she doesn't eat anything on the plates.

Finally she's so plastered that, at the end of the night, she is the one who starts the "one more!" chant after you've put the amp to bed, has fun gathering her kids up and, finally, takes home the drunken man above due to him dumping his girlfriend or is the dumped girlfriend of man above or, usually, his sister who totally agrees that is better off without her.

Finally, they both ask you for a lift home "you've got loads of room in your van mate" due to everyone else taking their taxis due to them having to gather the kids up who are freeloading on helium filled baloons, having to kiss everyone in the room or have struggled with piles of food that they will have for Sunday dinner.

God I've DJed too many weddings!

Solitaire Events Ltd
13-08-2006, 08:52 PM
But don't forget this thread is called "Predictable things people do at weddings"!!

Getting slightly off track here!

Jiggles
13-08-2006, 08:57 PM
But don't forget this thread is called "Predictable things people do at weddings"!!

Getting slightly off track here!

Well to him its predictable :teeth:

DMX Will
13-08-2006, 09:47 PM
What about the aimless looks you get when you say something from the 5 year olds, standing on an empty dance floor

or, the general amazment, that a light can change colour

pdarnett
13-08-2006, 10:07 PM
Usually 3 pregnant women and 2 people in wheelchairs at any wedding. And one member of the family who everyone hates/had put in an institution/have sh4gged.

funkymike
13-08-2006, 10:14 PM
The host of the party comes over at the end of night, and asks you if you have had some food and help yourself to some more dried up sarnies and other finger licking goods which most of the night have been dribbled on, spat out or mishandled by loverly kids.

Be such a shame to see it all thrown away "take it home for kids" naaa! wouldnt even give it to the dog,but thanks anyway.

BeerFunk
13-08-2006, 10:47 PM
The host of the party comes over at the end of night, and asks you if you have had some food and help yourself to some more dried up sarnies and other finger licking goods which most of the night have been dribbled on, spat out or mishandled by loverly kids.

Be such a shame to see it all thrown away "take it home for kids" naaa! wouldnt even give it to the dog,but thanks anyway.
Oooh the buffet, controversial topic!

I'm a bit paranoid to touch it too, but I can't resist cherry tomatoes if there's any going! :teeth:

Hygiene is an issue though, you're right there Mike! An official study in America (by 'The American Society Of Microbiology' if anyone wants to look it up! :)) found that only 75% of men washed their hands after going to the toilet, as compared to 90% of women :omg:

Anyway, back on topic.... there's always an older couple who look so bored and unhappy, and are obviously just there to show face, and disappear around 10/11 :)

Paul James Promotions
13-08-2006, 11:33 PM
Never understood this one:

People bringing babies up to look at the lights.

Especially the flame lights :mad:

leighinstoke
14-08-2006, 12:04 AM
Especially the flame lights :mad:

Yeah - I borrowed some for a gig a while back - and stood there putting my hands into the 'flames' every now and again while I was bored - only for a bloke to come up and see if they were hot - he was convinced they were 'gas'!

On Topic: Being expected to announce the arrival of taxis for wedding guests who are too lazy-arsed to stand outside and wait for them.

Leigh....

funkymike
14-08-2006, 12:17 AM
Yeah - I borrowed some for a gig a while back - and stood there putting my hands into the 'flames' every now and again while I was bored - only for a bloke to come up and see if they were hot - he was convinced they were 'gas'!

On Topic: Being expected to announce the arrival of taxis for wedding guests who are too lazy-arsed to stand outside and wait for them.

Leigh....

Plus parents holding there kids up to touch the silks and put there sticky fingers on them :omg:

Corabar Entertainment
14-08-2006, 12:22 AM
Great idea - teaching kids to put their hands in flames! :omg: :omg:

lightspeed
14-08-2006, 11:58 AM
It seems that I always tend to get the guy who "used to do discos" and "had all the gear", "but none of that modern stuff" :teeth: Thats mr lightbox and lightscreen man. And of course, the ever popular:
"We had a van, but we couldn't fit it all in so we bought a trailer as well! :omg:"
Thats what you get for having your disco setup consisting of lightscreens and spotboxes that span the width of the function room. :)

- Chris