PDA

View Full Version : What is favorite song with clients that you personally hate ?

musicinmotiondi
14-08-2006, 10:05 AM
I hate Macarena.

Also Craig David and of course Will Young

BeerFunk
14-08-2006, 10:09 AM
So kind of like, songs you have to play, but hate doing it?

Probably most of the newer 'R&B' stuff that the younger crowds ask for, like 'My Humps' and even 'Don't Cha' :mad: :thumbs_do

musicinmotiondi
14-08-2006, 10:11 AM
So kind of like, songs you have to play, but hate doing it?

Probably most of the newer 'R&B' stuff that the younger crowds ask for, like 'My Humps' and even 'Don't Cha' :mad: :thumbs_do

Floor emptiers to a older crowd them two.

Yes more like these come on

Corabar Steve
14-08-2006, 11:07 AM
Cha Cha Slide :angry:

dj andy allwood
14-08-2006, 11:10 AM
anything by steps (there is a reason why they split up)

BeerFunk
14-08-2006, 11:32 AM
Disagree with the last 2! :D

Steps are legendary, and the Cha Cha Slide is great if you're struggling to get anyone on the floor!! :teeth:

soundlad
14-08-2006, 11:37 AM
Whigfield - Saturday Night

theoloyla
14-08-2006, 11:40 AM
Chris De Burgh "Lady In Red", Jennifer Rush "The Power of Love", Stevie Wonder "I just called to say I love You", Celine Dion "My heart will go on and on and on and on"

BeerFunk
14-08-2006, 11:42 AM
Celine Dion "My heart will go on and on and on and on"
LMAO :teeth:

I didn't really consider slow songs... :)

Jiggles
14-08-2006, 11:42 AM
Is this the way to amarilo ARGH!!!

Have a disco
14-08-2006, 11:53 AM
snap to them, and stevie wonder - happy birthday aaaarrrrggggghhhhh

musicinmotiondi
14-08-2006, 12:03 PM
:teeth: :teeth:
Celine Dion - My heart will go on and on

Was that not by Wet Wet Wet ( :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: )

Sorry bad joke I know

dj andy allwood
14-08-2006, 12:26 PM
Disagree with the last 2! :D

Steps are legendary, and the Cha Cha Slide is great if you're struggling to get anyone on the floor!! :teeth:

yeah but you cant say you like them though i dont think you would choose to listen to them in the car or on your walkman!!! :)

DMX Will
14-08-2006, 12:31 PM
Can you proove that? lol I imagine the Cha Cha Slide whilst driving along (and doing the actions) would be quite amusing

Shaun
14-08-2006, 12:44 PM
I agree with everything mentioned so far.

Add to the list.....

Anything by Abba
YMCA
Simply the best
I will survive.

A1DL
14-08-2006, 12:48 PM
:bat: anything by Jamiroquai

paull
14-08-2006, 01:13 PM
YMCA and My Humps, cant stand them, but some events get people on the floor

funkymike
14-08-2006, 02:29 PM
Amazed by loanstar or is it lonstar by amazed

I hate it hate it hate hate

and as i do karaoke its even worse

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr
Just thinking about it makes me wanna squash a grape

nuff said

mike
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Shaun
14-08-2006, 02:38 PM
Amazed by loanstar or is it lonstar by amazed

I hate it hate it hate hate

LOL.

I quite like that song. :embarasse

dj steady
14-08-2006, 03:01 PM
Sandy Thom - I wish i was a punk rocker.......pants...

funkymike
14-08-2006, 03:06 PM
Anything by the verve, well too depressing, no hang on anything slow and boring and dreary.

Solitaire Events Ltd
14-08-2006, 03:06 PM

Stupid lyrics too.

When was the last time you saw a punk with flowers in their hair?? :teeth:

dj andy allwood
14-08-2006, 03:08 PM
Stupid lyrics too.

When was the last time you saw a punk with flowers in their hair?? :teeth:

i would just like to say that i hate this pap too! :mad:

Paul James Promotions
14-08-2006, 03:12 PM
Disco: Cha Cha Slide

Karaoke: All Saints - Never Ever

edwin
14-08-2006, 03:56 PM
Disco: Cha Cha Slide

Karaoke: All Saints - Never Ever

:omg: Never Ever is a classic - I'm not ashamed to say I know all the words off by heart :teeth:

dj_ags
14-08-2006, 04:59 PM
I personally hate the Motown genre of music, but i don't have a say in what my dad plays...unfortunately :teeth:

But what the customer wants, the customer will get...well, within reason anyway :teeth:

Corabar Steve
14-08-2006, 10:23 PM
I personally hate the Motown genre of music
MOTOWN IS A RECORD LABEL NOT A GENRE
Do you mean Soul by any chance.

Without wishing to be picky the thread title is " What is favorite song with clients that you personally hate ? " & a lot of you have just gone for stuff you don't like regardless of if it's popular with your punters or not.

Corabar Steve
14-08-2006, 10:44 PM
Or maybe not :teeth:
Ok then Will :) Here is my list. Some have already been mentioned so i'll put some alternatives in.

60's - Supremes – You can’t hurry love

BeerFunk
14-08-2006, 11:49 PM
Some good (or should that be bad?) choices there - particularly Sandi Thom and Lonestar. I'm glad that others recognise that these are just plain bad songs! :)

Discodaz
15-08-2006, 12:15 AM
I can't stand Crazy In Love by Beyonce, but it has been requested so much lately.

Aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhhh! Put that thang away!

dj andy allwood
15-08-2006, 07:14 AM

Without wishing to be picky the thread title is " What is favorite song with clients that you personally hate ? " & a lot of you have just gone for stuff you don't like regardless of if it's popular with your punters or not.

do these threads ever stay on the same subject :teeth:

soundtracker
15-08-2006, 08:20 AM
On the basis this is about the tenth time we've done this one in 12 months- probably not!!!

dj_ags
15-08-2006, 08:37 AM

I get you loud and clear Steve :teeth:

I don't actually mind some soul songs, like the one i mentioned in a previous thread. Some are actually quite catchy..but that doesn't help if you have to listen to Capital Gold FM 6 hours a day at work :mad:

The Soul Banana set is a very catchy list, and always goes down a storm at a party. I personally like the songs on there but i reckon i might have to start to broaden my music scope, and not be prejudice against music other than my own!

Anyway, now i've added my 2p, i'll go with Pete in asking for the thread to get back on topic :beer: :teeth:

Corabar Steve
15-08-2006, 08:42 AM
:teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

theoloyla
15-08-2006, 09:03 AM
YES!! When is the last time you saw a punk with flowers in their hair. The lyrics are complete nonsense.

theoloyla
15-08-2006, 09:07 AM
Oh Dear. Ive just read the rest of the thread and that's already been pointed out! But the lyrics are still baloney.

Solitaire Events Ltd
15-08-2006, 10:08 AM
Keep up Theo!

musicinmotiondi
15-08-2006, 12:48 PM
Lots of songs have silly lyrics though

Madness - Baggy Trousers (Pulling hair and eating dirt) for example

soundtracker
15-08-2006, 01:50 PM
But pulling hair and eating dirt is what kids do! Punk rockers didn't wear flowers in their hair!

DMX Will
15-08-2006, 02:08 PM
But pulling hair and eating dirt is what kids do! Punk rockers didn't wear flowers in their hair!

LOL, I wonder who made the sandi thom lyrics up :S, they clearly were not punk

dj steady
15-08-2006, 03:25 PM
glad to see i'm not the only one who thinks Sandy Thom is pants... :omg:

Corabar Steve
15-08-2006, 05:23 PM
Punk rockers didn't wear flowers in their hair!
She is actually talking about 2 eras

Oh I wish I was a punk rocker with flowers in my hair
In '77 and '69 revolution was in the air
I was born too late and to a world that doesn't care
Oh I wish I was a punk rocker with flowers in my hair '77 being the punk rocker part, flowers in my hair being the '69 part refering to hippies. Quite simple if you actually listen to the lyrics.

It is a pants song though

+Scooby+
15-08-2006, 05:57 PM
I HATE

Abba Dancing - Queen, I have played it a zillion times and I still smile :teeth:

+Scooby+
15-08-2006, 05:59 PM
YES!! When is the last time you saw a punk with flowers in their hair. The lyrics are complete nonsense.

Bring back Jefferson Airplane :omg:

Nathan Fleming
15-08-2006, 06:11 PM
I also hate most of the bread and butter songs we have to play but this is more the kind of hate you build up for a song when you have heard it a million times.

Like when Brian Adams - Everything I do, was at number one and by then end everyone was sick of it.

Anything I really hate I just refuse to play.

Perhaps I am rare in this but a song has to go through my sensorship before it gets played.

i.e. I have to at least like the song before I will play it.

+Scooby+
15-08-2006, 06:17 PM
I also hate most of the bread and butter songs we have to play but this is more the kind of hate you build up for a song when you have heard it a million times.

Like when Brian Adams - Everything I do, was at number one and by then end everyone was sick of it.

Perhaps I am rare in this but a song has to go through my sensorship before it gets played.

Where I would also like to take that stance I believe if the mood and crowd are right you must play to the floor, not your own personal liking. If I had to approve of every record I played then it would kill half my set.

Solitaire Events Ltd
15-08-2006, 06:23 PM

I find that a very strange statement to make!

Surely it's about what the client wants, not what you are willing to play?

Some tunes IMO aren't suitable, footy songs, sweary songs etc, but I really can't see how you can justify that statement? (Although I'm sure you're going to :) )

MercuryDisco
15-08-2006, 06:28 PM
I dont really mind much, have a liking for Motown, but some of the chart R&B does my head in, for example i dislike that Shakira - Hips dont lie. Personally i think its crap but obviously other people dont, as its number one in the chart i believe. .

But the "Party Cheese" doesnt really get old with me!:omg: :teeth:

Corabar Steve
15-08-2006, 07:07 PM
i dislike that Shakira - Hips dont lie. Personally i think its crap but obviously other people dont, as its number one in the chart i believe.
I just think it sounds like she's swallowed Kermit (mind I also think Kermit sang lead vocal on Canned Heat's "On the road again", listen to it & tell me he isn't singing it)

I also have an intense dislike of Dancing queen

Nathan Fleming
15-08-2006, 07:14 PM
Darren

It's not as bad as it sounds I am kinda refering to stuff that is majorly naf, like the birdie song and things along that line.

But that said of course I would play that song if it was a request from a bride and groom and they were dead set on me having to play it.

The customer is always right after all.

Corabar Steve
15-08-2006, 07:17 PM
Often irritating, rude & sometimes a bit thick, but always right :teeth:

Solitaire Events Ltd
15-08-2006, 07:23 PM
Darren

It's not as bad as it sounds I am kinda refering to stuff that is majorly naf, like the birdie song and things along that line.

But that said of course I would play that song if it was a request from a bride and groom and they were dead set on me having to play it.

I'll let you off then... :teeth:

Corabar Steve
15-08-2006, 07:27 PM
Often irritating, rude & sometimes a bit thick, but always right :teeth:
Ours are by & large nice people

Solitaire Events Ltd
15-08-2006, 07:32 PM
Ours are by & large nice people

Don't be tryng to dig yourself out of a hole now Stevie boy :teeth:

Corabar Steve
15-08-2006, 07:37 PM
Don't be tryng to dig yourself out of a hole now Stevie boy :teeth:
No they genuinely are. :) Unlike those that we always got through an agent we no longer use.

Creature
15-08-2006, 09:17 PM
the crazy frog

Corabar Steve
15-08-2006, 09:26 PM
the crazy frog
(Are we talking about Kermit again? :teeth: ) I think that one goes for us all

dj steady
16-08-2006, 03:13 PM
the crazy frog

Who is picking on the Crazy Frog........He's a musical marvel.......great hits like "Axel F"....."Popcorn"......."Can't touch this"... and most recent "We are the champions" songs you can ding along to.......better than Busted's attempt at "Don't stop me now"....... Long live the CRAZY FROG....!!!!!! :omg:

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f376/25babs/Picture001.jpg

Solitaire Events Ltd
16-08-2006, 03:16 PM
Who is picking on the Crazy Frog........He's a musical marvel.......great hits like "Axel F"....."Popcorn"......."Can't touch this"... and most recent "We are the champions" songs you can ding along to.......better than Busted's attempt at "Don't stop me now"....... Long live the CRAZY FROG....!!!!!! :omg:

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f376/25babs/Picture001.jpg

Are you sure it's the frog that's been on that strong ale pictured? :omg: :teeth:

soundtracker
16-08-2006, 03:23 PM
Think you'll find "Don't stop me now" was McFly!!

Solitaire Events Ltd
16-08-2006, 03:41 PM
Think you'll find "Don't stop me now" was McFly!!

Pah, kids of today know nothing :teeth:

soundtracker
16-08-2006, 03:42 PM
still crap though!

theoloyla
16-08-2006, 03:53 PM
Absolutely! It just goes to show how good Queen were.

Have a disco
16-08-2006, 03:55 PM
Queen - Another One Bites the Dust (CG & SS Mix)

Even they are getting remixed now Just NO Respect LOL

Corabar Entertainment
16-08-2006, 04:56 PM
Think you'll find "Don't stop me now" was McFly!!Busted/McFly... same thing, isn't it? :teeth: :D

Solitaire Events Ltd
16-08-2006, 05:07 PM
Busted/McFly... same thing, isn't it? :teeth: :D

Maybe for you old folk.... :teeth: :rose:

Corabar Entertainment
16-08-2006, 06:00 PM
Why haven't we got a decent big rasberry smilie? :sad:

Solitaire Events Ltd
16-08-2006, 06:15 PM
Why haven't we got a decent big rasberry smilie? :sad:

We had this conversation a few weeks ago - I was looking for one too!

Corabar Steve
16-08-2006, 11:09 PM
McFly is Busted, the sequel :teeth:

BeerFunk
16-08-2006, 11:20 PM
I think the McFly cover of Don't Stop Me Now is pretty good. They are seen as a manufactured pop band (I'm not sure if they are or not, don't care to find out :)), but the cover itself is well done in my opinion :thumbs_up

DMX Will
16-08-2006, 11:23 PM
I think the McFly cover of Don't Stop Me Now is pretty good. They are seen as a manufactured pop band (I'm not sure if they are or not, don't care to find out :)), but the cover itself is well done in my opinion :thumbs_up

Yeah I agree, it could have been alot worse. Likewise with the We Will Rock You cover by Five. That wasn't as great, and slightly killing of the original, but could, again have been alot worse.

BeerFunk
16-08-2006, 11:32 PM
Yeah I agree, it could have been alot worse. Likewise with the We Will Rock You cover by Five. That wasn't as great, and slightly killing of the original, but could, again have been alot worse.
How do you 'slightly kill' then? ;)

I think there is more room for improvement/variation in a 'We Will Rock You' cover, than a 'Don't Stop Me Now' cover. I think the original 'We Will Rock You' sounds a little flat, and has the potential to inject heaps more energy into it (such as 5ive did, as you say :D)

DMX Will
16-08-2006, 11:41 PM
How do you 'slightly kill' then? ;)

Maybe knocked it out cold for a few hours then :teeth:

Corabar Steve
17-08-2006, 12:06 AM
But Brian May & Roger Taylor played on it!

Of course McFly are manufactured, they were designed as sucessors to Busted, in the same way as Westlife / Boyzone.

dj steady
17-08-2006, 04:30 PM
sorry i mean't Mc Fly same sad sound as Busted though........We will rock you with Five is a good cover and thats coming from a life long Queen fan...

Corabar Steve
17-08-2006, 04:53 PM
But can it truly be considered a cover if some of the original artists played on it?