PDA

View Full Version : North East - Part 2

ppentertainments
05-01-2011, 12:07 PM
Hi All

As promised at our last meeting which was quite sucessfull in numbers and levels of interest we are having meeting number two!

Venue is the same (found it once, no excuses the second time)

QuakerHouse Pub
2-4 Mechanics Yard
Darlington

It is situated in the old yard (Mechanics Yard) which runs from High Row (this is the main shopping street in town) entrance is between Binns/House of frazer and the card shop. At the Skinnergate end there is vehicular access to Binns staff car park which should be empty by 7pm and further onto the pub (with care!) by an alleyway beside Flares pub. Anyone travelling in a larger vehicle can park on Skinnergate itself - Darlington is CCTV monitored so should be reasonably safe there. Skinnergate is a one way system and can only be accessed from Duke Street.

There will be a bring and buy "table", however before you all dash to get your twin 18" bins to sell I will warn as last time on two points!

Firstly there are stairs! whilst not very long or high they do originate from the 400 year old cottages the pub was made from and are quite narrow.

Secondly the Quaker is also in one of Darlingtons oldest yards and whilst competant drivers can quite easily manouvre a car or small/med van to the door, a Sprinter size van is a definate no no.

Space is limited so if anyone wishing to bring something could PM myself with a list and we'll endevour to organise this sensibly!

This month's "Special Attractions"

1. Acme Cougar vs NJD Datamoon Showdown

2. DMX programming demonstration (hasten to add not by Andy and Paul !!!)

3. Short talk/demonstration on bespoke gobo projection services

4. Bose L1 with Pioneer MEP-7000 demo - surely something for most to drool over :D

Presentation offers are always welcome, we intend to do this every other month so please forward any demo presentation offers to ourselves and we'll fit you in. Remember no one is perfect, Paul and Andy proved that (thanks again Mike!) so theres no need to be shy in coming forward.

Look forward to seeing as many there as possible, and a big favour that I must ask is please tell anyone you know that it's happening - despite complaints from some quarters that they had been told multiple times there were still some we missed last time, some quite disappointed i'm sad to say - so please spread the word and if you get told umpteen times please forgive us we are only trying to catch all !

Apologies again for the late notice on this, illness to blame :o

alanrees151
05-01-2011, 01:50 PM
Sounds like a good line up Chris, glad andy and paul are staying away from the DMX demo :Laugh:

Looking forward to the Bose L1 demo!:)

ppentertainments
05-01-2011, 01:56 PM
Sounds like a good line up Chris, glad andy and paul are staying away from the DMX demo :Laugh:

Looking forward to the Bose L1 demo!:)

Good to see you again Alan, and no wedding price jokes this time :D :D

alanrees151
05-01-2011, 02:03 PM
Sorry Chris, you missed my seminar off the list.

"what is the average wedding disco price in the UK":D :D :D

deltic
05-01-2011, 02:16 PM
guess you will be filling the second hand table up alan :D :D

alanrees151
05-01-2011, 02:31 PM
guess you will be filling the second hand table up alan :D :D

Maybe! Not got much to sell at the moment - just a projector and a Numark Mixtrack Pro:)

Trying to not spend lots of money on kit this time - and managing so far:eek:

deltic
05-01-2011, 03:05 PM
Maybe! Not got much to sell at the moment - just a projector and a Numark Mixtrack Pro:)

Trying to not spend lots of money on kit this time - and managing so far:eek:

you know you want to :D

were you offering to drive the mep at the meeting?

alanrees151
05-01-2011, 03:09 PM
you know you want to :D

were you offering to drive the mep at the meeting?

I didnt know the MEP could drive, it really does everything that player :D :D

I just mentioned to Chris that I might be able to assist with any "mobile DJ" related questions as I used to have one.

Is it your MEP that is being demo'd? - If so you probably know more about it than I do so I will leave the driving to you:p

deltic
05-01-2011, 03:14 PM

I just mentioned to Chris that I might be able to assist with any "mobile DJ" related questions as I used to have one.

Is it your MEP that is being demo'd? - If so you probably know more about it than I do so I will leave the driving to you:p

oh bummer :D :D :D

ppentertainments
06-01-2011, 10:42 AM
Could anyone attending please let me know by replying to this thread (if you have replied to orange forum, no need to reply here)

ppentertainments
06-01-2011, 10:43 AM

oh bummer :D :D :D

I hope you two aren't the next 'Paul and Andy Show' :D :D :D

deltic
06-01-2011, 11:12 AM
i'm in:D :D

flatliners
07-01-2011, 07:50 PM
Me to and and Brian beatroute going aswell

ppentertainments
07-01-2011, 09:17 PM

Are you picking Brian up on way ???

flatliners
08-01-2011, 02:40 AM
Are you picking Brian up on way ???

yes also trying to get a friend of mine to go called Ernie from nightlife

supersound
08-01-2011, 07:38 AM

Sorry to hear Brian has high blood pressure.

Will be great to see you both there.

axeman
09-01-2011, 03:21 PM
my blood pressure is ok now, so my mam says i can play out - my mate wants to come too, if theres room ?

ppentertainments
09-01-2011, 05:33 PM
my mate wants to come too, if theres room ?
'MATE' - or 'someone you know' :D :D

Plenty of room, although if these numbers carry on we may need to look at a larger venue - which is excellent.

flatliners
09-01-2011, 09:57 PM
my blood pressure is ok now, so my mam says i can play out - my mate wants to come too, if theres room ?

will let you know tomorrow more than lightly your mate can come

DazzyD
10-01-2011, 12:58 AM
Unfortunately I can't get to this one. It's my son's parent's night at school and, with it being his first one, it's something I'd like to go to to see how he's settling in.

Maybe next time.

ppentertainments
10-01-2011, 03:57 PM
Quick reminder - Tomorrow night 7pm

Numbers look like they could be high (fingers crossed) so should be a good night.

alanrees151
10-01-2011, 04:53 PM
Quick reminder - Tomorrow night 7pm

Numbers look like they could be high (fingers crossed) so should be a good night.

Better get down early to get a seat then!!!

axeman
10-01-2011, 05:46 PM
yeah , my pal confirmed today he is also coming to the meet - he's called Jules and runs a show called "awesome ents" (works for me a lot) i've sent him the link to the forum and he's gonna join too

supersound
10-01-2011, 07:32 PM
There all coming to see my Gobo seminar.

I wish lol.

Its the rumour that its Colins anual airing of the wallet day.

Paul

ppentertainments
10-01-2011, 07:35 PM
yeah , my pal confirmed today he is also coming to the meet - he's called Jules and runs a show called "awesome ents" (works for me a lot) i've sent him the link to the forum and he's gonna join too
Mate ?? Pal ?? You telling porkies :D :D
Will be good to see you again Bri - long time no see :)

axeman
10-01-2011, 07:37 PM
thanx chris, i infact have 2 pals and theyre both coming to our little swaray.

ha ha who's mr popular now !!

axeman
12-01-2011, 02:05 PM
thoroughly enjoyed the meeting last night - great people in a great pub too!

anthf
12-01-2011, 08:17 PM
hi this is the 1st time ive been to one these meetings myself,i thought it went well was a few people there so numbers were good i enjoyed the evening looking forward to next meeting.