PDA

View Full Version : Happy New DMX

Alchemy
06-01-2011, 11:55 AM
I've decided that 2011 is going to be the year of DMXing for me. Unless I can grow another arm I struggle to operate four UC3's the mixer and the lappy. I need one touch scenes for different moods and the ability to blackout with one button. I've ordered a Stairville DMX Master from Thomann and will soon be starting climbing the learning curve. Are there any DMX experts out there in case (when) I need a bit of assistance? :confused:

Charlie Brown
06-01-2011, 12:49 PM
I would have purchased software.

Alchemy
06-01-2011, 01:38 PM
I would have purchased software.

Thought about it Charlie, but decided that I would prefer real buttons and knobs. Another laptop or netbook would compound my problems I think, ('you ever tried using a mouse left handed?) :D

jamesh
06-01-2011, 03:58 PM
Or in that case software with an external controller... Easier to program at home and you don't have to have everything set up as you can use a £D visualiser but still gives you the one button press on an external controller at gigs...

Just a thought... Bit late i know :(

Alchemy
06-01-2011, 04:47 PM
Or in that case software with an external controller... Easier to program at home and you don't have to have everything set up as you can use a £D visualiser but still gives you the one button press on an external controller at gigs...

Just a thought... Bit late i know :(

I like a challenge :) :) :)

Corabar Entertainment
06-01-2011, 04:54 PM
If Steve and I can work it out (and we did), I'm sure you'll manage.

We've got the Transcension {sp?} controller which is very similar to the Stariville one.

Time consuming to do, and we really couldn't be bothered to do it for all shows, etc, but very handy when a client wants something specific (eg the original reason we bought it was because one client wanted nothing but white lighting)