PDA

View Full Version : what LED bar ?

Daryll
07-01-2011, 05:36 PM
I am thinking about retiring my 2 Acme LED par 64`s ,they live behind the stand as a wash effect, maybe replacing them with a LED bar of some sort , anyone got and reviews or preferences ?.

Daryll

Corabar Steve
07-01-2011, 05:49 PM
I'm sure you'll find something suitable on Sunday. Don't forget your credit card.

Daryll
07-01-2011, 05:55 PM
I'm sure you'll find something suitable on Sunday. Don't forget your credit card.

That`s what worries me :D , already got to pick ,and pay for a pair of lights from Clive , and 3 mirrors to pick up from Ryger...

Daryll

Woodyo
11-01-2011, 10:16 PM
American DJ Mega Bars are quite good , someone was selling a couple here recently I think.

Jonathan Ford
11-01-2011, 10:27 PM
If it's worth anything, I've just ordered a pair of ADJ Mega Bar 50 RGB RC's. When I've had a play, I'll report back.

Daryll
11-01-2011, 11:30 PM
If it's worth anything, I've just ordered a pair of ADJ Mega Bar 50 RGB RC's. When I've had a play, I'll report back.

Thanks mate , I look forward to reading it.

Daryll

Booche
11-01-2011, 11:39 PM
Ive just ordered the Chauvet 4play lighting bar from Gear4DJS as i feel this will be alot easier to setup and pack away and i wont need my uprights or cross bar PLUS i can hang them off my cross bar if needed with either my dynamos at either end of the bar for a mover type effect OR my par 56's for a sprad effect,

YES its dots but ahh well lol they are able to be put in any position and in any direction etc so i feel it will be alot better for me

Again once i have recieved i shall report back :)

Jonathan Ford
25-01-2011, 12:57 PM
Thanks mate , I look forward to reading it.

Daryll

Unfortunately the supplier could only deliver one Mega Bar of the pair I ordered. Overall, I like the light very much. It's pretty bright for the size of it, and easy to control with the remote. I'll definitely pick up at least one more, possibly another pair.

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j350/JFTD1/JFTDCQH.jpg

marting
25-01-2011, 01:36 PM
Very nice im waiting for delivery of AMERICAN DJ FUSION TRI FX BAR
http://www.americandj.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ItemNumber=1925&Category=L.E.D.&txtSearch=tri%20fx

simonp
25-01-2011, 02:51 PM
American DJ Mega Bars are quite good , someone was selling a couple here recently I think.

I've got 2 and they are multi-purpose - great product - I really like mine and always find some way of incorporating them into a show, whether it's upright on sound to light (against the ultimax uprights) or behind me as uplighting on static or even on program 10 which is a slow soft fade colour changer that looks brilliant in a marquee early doors.

The only downside is that I haven't found a compatable hand controller to ... well control them.

WWDJ
25-01-2011, 03:56 PM
The only downside is that I haven't found a compatable hand controller to ... well control them.

They dont have a hand controller socket ... or at least mine don't. I am only using mine rarely as the customers found them a bit blinding so I just use them for backlighting now.

2 of mine may come up for sale soon to make way for some different wash lighting

simonp
25-01-2011, 04:12 PM
the customers found them a bit blinding

2 of mine may come up for sale soon to make way for some different wash lighting

Yes, same here - they definitely can be - not so bad for a limited time on S2L though

How much will you be looking for?

Jonathan Ford
25-01-2011, 04:44 PM
The ones I bought have a wireless remote control. Brilliant.

Andy Goodtimes
25-01-2011, 05:23 PM
I use the Visio Colour Fusion bars and with corner bits added you can make pretty cool arches and so on. The only ones I have really compared them with are my much older 8-way LEDJ Spectra Banks which are good but not as bright.

Mark Wild
25-01-2011, 05:33 PM
Visio Color Fusion CF-805 is what I use, just one, VERY bright used with a ca8.

http://www.djanddiscostuff.com/prodpage.asp?prodid=2891