PDA

View Full Version : web site

funkymike
14-08-2006, 08:16 PM
Ok, I am building my own web site, now I know nothing and I mean nothing about web sites, but rather than paying someone else to do it, thought I would have ago by myself and learn a thing or to about.

So its not finished (by a long shot) as I only done a few hours on it, its one where you get a site builder thing for free, which you pay for, but ho hum thats life. So chaps please have a look, let me know what you think, I have only played with the home page, karaoke page and contact page, where theres a guest book, which iam sure you can sign...bless yer.

Any comments will be gratefully recieved regardless how cutting they are, iam learning and thats good enough for me, oh and any advice would be smashing, and whats this html thing? done a bit but dont know how.

www.funkymike.co.uk

And dont forget to turn your speakers up then you can hear me

thanks peoples

mike :teeth:

Shaun
14-08-2006, 08:28 PM
Looks good. However, I'm not too keen on the yellow text on white background ( I found it hard to read....may just be my monitor though).

Keep up the good work :)

funkymike
14-08-2006, 08:35 PM
Looks good. However, I'm not too keen on the yellow text on white background ( I found it hard to read....may just be my monitor though).

yes gonna change that, it just kinda happened

funkymike
14-08-2006, 08:37 PM

found it, done it and fixed it, its now blue :teeth:

Solitaire Events Ltd
14-08-2006, 08:41 PM
I thought you'd have more of an accent Mike!

Professional is spelled wrong on one of the pages too.

funkymike
14-08-2006, 08:47 PM
I thought you'd have more of an accent Mike!

Professional is spelled wrong on one of the pages too.

What type of accent should i have then?

and i just worked out how to put this site banner on.

cor iam getting good at this :teeth:

Done the Professional bit too, cheers

Solitaire Events Ltd
14-08-2006, 09:01 PM
What type of accent should i have then?

I thought it might be a bit more west country...

funkymike
14-08-2006, 09:03 PM
I thought it might be a bit more west country...

Oh no :omg: but the wife does, as she is born n bread Oxford, iam from bucks so i talk proper init. :teeth:

Shaun
14-08-2006, 09:13 PM
The blue text is much better!.

A1DL
14-08-2006, 10:46 PM
Mike

perhaps it's me, but I have looked at the site twice, both times it hung Internet Explorer and wanted to send an error message to Microsoft!

looks good otherwise matey

Tony

funkymike
14-08-2006, 11:53 PM
Mike

perhaps it's me, but I have looked at the site twice, both times it hung Internet Explorer and wanted to send an error message to Microsoft!

looks good otherwise matey

Tony

mmmm have tried it on a few other computers with know problems,but i would have no idea what would cause this problem...any ideas?

mike

DMX Will
15-08-2006, 02:11 PM
It's looking good mate, the template is swish considering its a template for a site builder!

Links, took me a while to find them, perhaps work them into the top, or the side?

other than "sweet" :)

soundtracker
15-08-2006, 03:07 PM
What the fupps all that about vacations on the wedding page?

funkymike
15-08-2006, 06:22 PM
What the fupps all that about vacations on the wedding page?

Cus its a template thing init :teeth:

No messages in my guest book though :sad: tight lot :teeth:

+Scooby+
15-08-2006, 06:46 PM
If you shortened “pictures quizzes and theme nites” too “Quizzes & Themes” that would make that navigation menu a one liner.

There is a lot of slang but like “wanna”, but this may be the way you want to portray the site and that is you choice.

The next level sounds like a rip off of Wolfies “Entering the next level”

Karaoke in the menu needs a capital K, and when you enter the page the continuity/format is not the same as the rest of the site.

Overall once the content has been finished it will be great. Brilliant first effort.

Sorry if I was over critical.

A-L_Vibez
17-08-2006, 03:55 PM
looks great for your first attempt im busy building my second site and the one im currently using was my very first! its quite fun to do! liek scooby says you use alot of slang like "wanna" etc and personally I wouldnt use that, but again thats upto you! apart from that it looks good and I didnt get any errors!