PDA

View Full Version : Wedding Fayre Success rate

Charlie Brown
13-01-2011, 02:15 PM
Howdy!

I'm have a wedding fayre lined up. It's going to cost me around £250 (including two banners)

What are your success rates?

Cheers.:beer1:

Spirits High
13-01-2011, 02:23 PM
It all depends on numbers through the door.

I've done some wedding fayres where it's very quiet and you only get say 20 people in but of those 20, 4 booked. Others have been manic and I've got nothing :eek:

You've got to remember that you're probably the last thing on the "to do" list so they mainly come to look at cakes, dresses and table settings and the venue! but at least send them away with a flyer.

The best one I've done I had 14 bookings from.

Charlie Brown
13-01-2011, 02:27 PM
If I got 5 bookings, I would be very happy.

Spirits High
13-01-2011, 02:29 PM
If I got 5 bookings, I would be very happy.

But if you don't , don't let it put you off Wedding Fayres. You've got your target client group right there in front of you, so Wedding fayres do work IMO

Charlie Brown
13-01-2011, 03:13 PM
Obviously not many people do them!

50 views and only one vote! The 'rubbish' vote is myself.

hammy
13-01-2011, 03:15 PM
should put a "I dont do them" option

Leicester Ben
13-01-2011, 03:17 PM
I only do 2 or 3 a year now and these are as favours to either venues that I work closely with or wedding planners that I know.

I personally dont get that much work from the standard wedding fayres. I also play football on a Sunday morning so cant be bothered to go to them either :).

I know that they work however as I have a few people who take our kit to fayres and they do really well with it and get bookings.

funkymook
13-01-2011, 03:31 PM
It's a difficult poll to answer and even more difficult to collate your answers (if you had any:D ). Success rates for one fair, on average (then over how many), best result ever? etc. People could answer on any of those criteria, and if they don't validate their answers you'll be none the wiser.

It's very easy to end up with a lot of useless data.

There's a bit more to questionnaires than bunging down a few questions and expecting them to yield meaningful results.

A little more thought about what you want to achieve, how you are going to use the information might get more replies.

Sometimes just asking the question is better:

'Have you found Wedding Fairs a worthwhile investment?' and

'If you've done several Wedding Fairs, what are the lessons you've learnt, and changes you've made, from the first to the most recent?'

Corabar Entertainment
13-01-2011, 03:38 PM
It's a difficult poll to answer and even more difficult to collate your answers (if you had any:D ). Success rates for one fair, on average (then over how many), best result ever? etc. People could answer on any of those criteria, and if they don't validate their answers you'll be none the wiser.

It's very easy to end up with a lot of useless data.

There's a bit more to questionnaires than bunging down a few questions and expecting them to yield meaningful results.

A little more thought about what you want to achieve, how you are going to use the information might get more replies.

Sometimes just asking the question is better:

'Have you found Wedding Fairs a worthwhile investment?' and

'If you've done several Wedding Fairs, what are the lessons you've learnt, and changes you've made, from the first to the most recent?':agree: I looked at the poll and thought "All of the above - depending on the fayre" so decided I couldn't vote.

soundtracker
13-01-2011, 04:10 PM
Yeah, I think Funky & Ang are spot on, I've had exactly the same, but I would add that 3 of the four that I do are free to me, and the other one costs £45, so its only a time investment.

Charlie Brown
13-01-2011, 04:14 PM
Ahhh,

HPH (the venue) want £125 for the stand.

Apparently that's a last minute deal.

Could a mod be really kind and change the poll for me?

No worries if not. :)

Spirits High
13-01-2011, 04:23 PM
HPH (the venue) want £125 for the stand.

Apparently that's a last minute deal.

That's a good price mine cost on average £150. This spring I've tightened up and am only doing 4 opposed to last spring when I did 7.

ppentertainments
13-01-2011, 04:29 PM
This is the first year I am not doing ANY fayres. I usually pick up one or two bookings but imagine I would pick up bookings for those dates in any case.

Shakermaker Promotions
13-01-2011, 04:38 PM
I started doing wedding fayres again about 18 months ago and I think they are well worth it. They have definitely worked for me.
One of them costs me £99.00, the other costs £50.00.
The first time I did a wedding fayre I got 13 confirmed bookings at my usual rate. A couple of them added Uplighting at a later date so it was well worth it.
The other fayre, which was at a very nice, expensive venue (but the stand was only £50.00) bought in 6 confirmed bookings, 4 with Uplighting so again, well worth it.

I'd say that's a pretty good success rate and I plan to do more this year.