PDA

View Full Version : [sold] Acme ISolution IL0824 ILead Controller

soundmaster mobile disco
14-01-2011, 04:25 PM
I am selling my Acme ISolution IL0824 ILead Controller.It comes supplied with custom made flightcase,but i will consider selling it on its own.

Looking for £95 plus postage if sold on its own

Looking for £140 plus postage if sold with flightcase

Here is a link

http://www.djstore.com/item/acmisil01.htm

Shaun
14-01-2011, 05:11 PM
Same one I use. I like that it has two CA-8's built into it (the 6 buttons on the left hand side). I'm sure it'll be snapped up at that price.

Davy
16-01-2011, 03:31 PM
Same one I use. I like that it has two CA-8's built into it (the 6 buttons on the left hand side). I'm sure it'll be snapped up at that price.

Really ?

I'm a dmx newbie and end up just using ca-8s , how does that work ?

2 jack lead outputs ?

I want to use DMX but it seems over my head , if this is possibly a good and easy solution I could well be interested.

Looked online but doesn't tell you much about it.

Shaun
16-01-2011, 04:07 PM
Really ?

I'm a dmx newbie and end up just using ca-8s , how does that work ?

2 jack lead outputs ?

The in-built CA-8 controllers are in addition to the DMX control, both can be used indipendantly of each other. The cables (which don't come with the controller are 5 pin XLR at one end and 1/4 inch jack at the other.

I want to use DMX but it seems over my head , if this is possibly a good and easy solution I could well be interested.

Looked online but doesn't tell you much about it.

As for the DMX functionality, there's no easy solution I'm afraid. As with all DMX hardware solutions you'll have to learn the basic of programming to make the most of it.

Shaun
16-01-2011, 05:24 PM
Even if you don't have the time to learn DMX, this controller is pretty easy to set your lights up on, so you can control where you point your lights for basic positioning and simple control, e.g. which colours to use, and which gobos etc. All that is simple. If you want to to programme scenes where movement and fade times are concerned then it gets a little bit trickier and time consuming (very time consuming!). The controller does have some very basic movement scenes already built in though.

I'll give you a little example of one of the simple procedures I use my controller for.

2 moving heads on the floor. For first dances and slow music I like to have my lights pointing to the ceilings or walls with the gobo rotating slowly.

* Using the controller select my 2 moving head fixtures by pressing the SCANNER button. then select fixture 1&2.

* switch on the lamps by pressing SHUTTER. then follow that by pressing number 1 and it switches on the lamp, #0 switches off the lamp. Numbers 2-9 offer various strobe speeds.

* Position the beams to where you want them by using the joystick

* Once lamp is on select the gobo I require by pressing the GOBO setting, then selecting a gobo by selecting one of the numbers, or alternatively the fader on the controller.

* Then I can set the gobo rotation by selecting the rotation button (this function only works if your fixtures have rotating gobos). Speed and direction of rotation can either be set by using the numbers 1-9, or by using the fader.

Simple. That provides me with enough basic control for simple point and click lighting.

My moving heads also have focus control from the controller, plus prism and dimmer control....so everything is at my finger-tips.

To do the above and setup the lights for the first dance takes about 30 seconds. So even if I didn't want to go down the full DMX route the controller is still a handy and versatile tool for simple and basic control over my fixtures.

Now, to programme scenes it gets more tricky and time consuming - (let's call scenes a 'STEP' from this point on, as it's less misleading than "scene"). Once you've mastered the basic operation above you can then programme sequences to make your fixtures move (sequences are made up of banks of individual steps). Sequences are made by saving many steps, the controller will then playback all the steps you've programmed one after the other to give you a sequence/chase. A quick and simple explanation of how a sequence works is as follows....

Select the variables you require (e.g. gobo/color and fixtures you wish to control). Once you have them all selected and on/positioned where you want them then save that STEP on your controller.

Now set your fixtures up for the next STEP you wish to save (i.e. pick the position and placement of your 'beams/gobos/colours etc). Once you have all the variables as you desire you can then save that step on the controller. Then go through the same procedure again to make another STEP in the sequence, and save again, then repeat as many times as required. Once you've gota whole lot of STEPS saved, the controller will play them in the order you've programmed to give you your SEQUENCE/CHASE. You can programme up to 24 SEQUENCES in the controller, made up of as many STEPS as you require in each sequence. I'm pretty sure the maximum amount of overall steps you can have programmed into the controller is around 500.

In addition to the above you can use the FADE TIME when programming each step of the sequence, this controls the amount of time it takes the fixtures to move from one step to the next. On the controller in question you can do that on the fly though, so even if you have set your scenes up without using the fade time options you can still have some element of control on how fast the sequence plays out (eg....if you have a sequence programmed and wish to slow down the sequence just push the fade time fader up to slow each step of the sequence down, or lower the fader back to zero to speed it up)

Clear as mud? :d

I'm not very good at explaining things like this, but it really isn't too difficult to get the hang of.

Anyway, hope it helps. (very) Basic DMX 101 in laymans terms when using a hardware DMX controller. :)

If I can remember anything else I'll add it later.

DJ Tony McQue
16-01-2011, 07:10 PM
Nice post Shaun!

Davy - DMX isn't as hard as it seems, a controller like this would be ideal for controlling your Dynamos and Pumas. You are up and running straight away with the built in CA8s and you have the option to program your own scenes and chases later down the line. There are loads of brilliant tutorials on YouTube which I found helpful.

Charlie Brown
16-01-2011, 07:25 PM
Would this be good with EFXs?

Excalibur
16-01-2011, 07:56 PM
Nice post Shaun!

Davy - DMX isn't as hard as it seems, a controller like this would be ideal for controlling your Dynamos and Pumas. You are up and running straight away with the built in CA8s and you have the option to program your own scenes and chases later down the line. There are loads of brilliant tutorials on YouTube which I found helpful.

There are. After watching some of them, I nearly have a vague idea of what's involved. :daft:

sxboy
20-01-2011, 03:16 PM
PM sent

Daren

sweetie
20-01-2011, 03:28 PM
Would this be good with EFXs?

Charles, as far as I know the martin mania efx range need a Martin controller and
I know many people use the Martin 2510 with them. One can download various pre-programmed shows from the web onto the 2510 and control them from there. I had two efx500s and found it tricky enough to get working and having since upgraded to a wizard extreme i'm hoping to figure it out shortly.

deltic
20-01-2011, 04:07 PM
Charles, as far as I know the martin mania efx range need a Martin controller and
I know many people use the Martin 2510 with them. One can download various pre-programmed shows from the web onto the 2510 and control them from there. I had two efx500s and found it tricky enough to get working and having since upgraded to a wizard extreme i'm hoping to figure it out shortly.

the efx's have built in macros and work on a dmx controller

Solitaire Events Ltd
20-01-2011, 09:02 PM
the efx's have built in macros and work on a dmx controller

They also work with the Martin controller that was mentioned.

Charlie Brown
20-01-2011, 09:05 PM

Wouldn't you like control over yours?

Solitaire Events Ltd
20-01-2011, 09:20 PM
Wouldn't you like control over yours?

Nah.

deltic
20-01-2011, 09:43 PM

never said they didn't:D

Solitaire Events Ltd
20-01-2011, 09:48 PM
never said they didn't:D

Fair enough - I read your post wrong then - I thought you were saying they only worked with a DMX controller. :)

deltic
21-01-2011, 10:15 AM
Fair enough - I read your post wrong then - I thought you were saying they only worked with a DMX controller. :)

no i originally quoted sweetie as he said they only work with the martin controller

i was merely pointing out efx's work on a dmx controller and not only on the martin

sweetie
21-01-2011, 11:55 AM
no i originally quoted sweetie as he said they only work with the martin controller

i was merely pointing out efx's work on a dmx controller and not only on the martin

I didn't mean to sat that only the 2510 works with them but can see that the post came across like that. :beer1:

sxboy
23-01-2011, 02:38 PM
Just wondered, did you sell this? have sent a PM but had no response,

Cheers,
Daren

soundmaster mobile disco
29-03-2011, 05:09 PM
This is now back up for sale.

Any takers

Mark Wild
14-04-2011, 12:11 PM
I reckon this is no longer available as I collected it from Gary yesterday ;)

Shaun
14-04-2011, 12:12 PM
Thanks Mark. I'll move this on over to the 'SOLD' forum area. :beer1: