PDA

View Full Version : Disable internet access

MikeW
19-01-2011, 08:09 PM
Hi everyone.
Just a quick question. I recently bought a new laptop for disco use (running windows 7) and after installing software etc, I now would like to disable the internet access. I am having a problem working out how to switch it off.
Anyone know the answer.

Thanks in advance

Mike.

DJ James Lake
19-01-2011, 08:19 PM
Look for the network card in the device manager and disable it.

notroubleclubber
19-01-2011, 08:20 PM
I had a problem with my disco laptop stuttering mp3s very slightly one night. i found the internet had been reenabled. i have a switch on my laptop that turns the wireless on and off.

Excalibur
19-01-2011, 08:23 PM
I had a problem with my disco laptop stuttering mp3s very slightly one night. i found the internet had been reenabled. i have a switch on my laptop that turns the wireless on and off.

Mine too. That's the kiddy. ;)

MikeW
19-01-2011, 08:37 PM

Do you mean the function key F3? I have tried that but it still seems to be connected and still wants to do updates???

Excalibur
19-01-2011, 08:39 PM
Do you mean the function key F3? I have tried that but it still seems to be connected and still wants to do updates???

To answer for notroubleclubber: No. It's a button on the front,which actually disables the wireless signal. No signal, no internet, simples. :D

MikeW
19-01-2011, 08:44 PM
To answer for notroubleclubber: No. It's a button on the front,which actually disables the wireless signal. No signal, no internet, simples. :D

My Acer Aspire doesn't seem to have this luxury :(

Booche
19-01-2011, 09:06 PM
Hope this helps mate

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Enable-or-disable-a-network-adapter

MikeW
19-01-2011, 09:13 PM
Hope this helps mate

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Enable-or-disable-a-network-adapter

Job done, thanks very much everyone.

Booche
19-01-2011, 09:14 PM
No worries Mike here to help :D:D:D

MikeW
19-01-2011, 09:19 PM
No worries Mike here to help :D:D:D

That is me ready to run with VDJ on my new laptop. First gig with it Friday night. It has run over the last week with no problems, so hopefuly will be ok (fingers crossed). Looking forward to it. :)

Excalibur
19-01-2011, 09:28 PM
My Acer Aspire doesn't seem to have this luxury :(

Well I have an Acer Travel Mate 5520. I have no idea if the Aspire is deficient in this department. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

DazzyD
20-01-2011, 01:10 PM
I used the Aspire for quite a while until it died at the end of last year. The only problem I ever had with it prior that that was noise but this was fixed with a ground loop isolator. Internet was never a problem as it had a switch for turning wireless on and off. Easy!

MikeW
20-01-2011, 01:55 PM
I used the Aspire for quite a while until it died at the end of last year. The only problem I ever had with it prior that that was noise but this was fixed with a ground loop isolator. Internet was never a problem as it had a switch for turning wireless on and off. Easy!

Thanks for that, I have now worked it out (it doesn't take me long!:Embarassed: )