PDA

View Full Version : Frustrating!!!!!!

Ricesnaps
17-08-2006, 04:19 PM
I shall, for now, mention no names. However I attempted to purchase a purelight laser today from a very well know internet store. As is my way, I tend to make my decisions very close to gigs and want them quite quickly - namely tomorrow. I called, placed my order, checked delivery and even offered to pay extra for guaranteed next day.

Then I came to pay.... Why on earth do these people refuse to send the item to my provided postal address when my payment card (visa I think) is registered to another address? How stupid is that. We have just reciently moved and haven't changed all of the address details with everyone yet.

So now I won't have a shiny new laser for either of my weekend gigs, unless someone knows of a good Ipswich, Norwich or Colchester based (or nearby) shop that holds stock of reasonably priced lasers?

Needless to say this particular internet store will not be getting my custom any more - which is a shame as the price was great!

Corabar Entertainment
17-08-2006, 04:28 PM
Then I came to pay.... Why on earth do these people refuse to send the item to my provided postal address when my payment card (visa I think) is registered to another address?Security. It's to stop someone else using your card and disappearing with the goods!

Ricesnaps
17-08-2006, 04:30 PM
Security. It's to stop someone else using your card and disappearing with the goods!
So how the hell am I meant to buy over the net or the phone - I've not had this problem anywhere else. After all i generally order for delivery at my place of work (because that's easier).

And I was so looking forward to having the laser to play with!

Candybeatdiscos
17-08-2006, 04:33 PM
But then again you would be on here going mental if someone did have your card and had bought loads of really expensive lasers and equipment etc - you would be on here going daft that they are not secure enough...they can't win really can they?

Ricesnaps
17-08-2006, 04:45 PM
But then again you would be on here going mental if someone did have your card and had bought loads of really expensive lasers and equipment etc - you would be on here going daft that they are not secure enough...they can't win really can they?
I do apreciate the comments and I guess I am just cross that I can't have what I wanted when I wanted it - but honestly, I have never had a problem like this before. Even if they were a little unsure, there are very easy ways to resolve this - call my bank maybe, ask the delivery company for some secure ID - maybe a Passport or a driving licence?

However, if anyone can cheer me up and tell me where I can go and pick a nice laser up from tomorrow morning i may stop ranting"

leighinstoke
17-08-2006, 05:18 PM
Why face the hassle - just ring your card provider - they will update your details for you instantly - then you can present your card for payment again. I had to do this when I tried to paypal with my card after I moved in January - Capital One sorted it in moments.

Swift and simple.

Leigh....

Have a disco
17-08-2006, 06:45 PM
I shall, for now, mention no names. However I attempted to purchase a purelight laser today from a very well know internet store. As is my way, I tend to make my decisions very close to gigs and want them quite quickly - namely tomorrow. I called, placed my order, checked delivery and even offered to pay extra for guaranteed next day.

Then I came to pay.... Why on earth do these people refuse to send the item to my provided postal address when my payment card (visa I think) is registered to another address? How stupid is that. We have just reciently moved and haven't changed all of the address details with everyone yet.

So now I won't have a shiny new laser for either of my weekend gigs, unless someone knows of a good Ipswich, Norwich or Colchester based (or nearby) shop that holds stock of reasonably priced lasers?

Needless to say this particular internet store will not be getting my custom any more - which is a shame as the price was great!

oh dear have you thought of cambridge sound and light

pagan_flame
17-08-2006, 07:34 PM
Have no gigs now with laser until 23rd Sept, so you can borrow my EU twin red laser if you can stop by Cambridge to pick it up... runs STL and works well with smoke, not too much needed.

Ricesnaps
17-08-2006, 09:36 PM
OK, I think I've just had a hard very stressful day!

I have the exact laser I wanted put by for me from a guy in Essex - cash on collection.

Sorry if I got a little het up and frustrated - just find poor service or the hint of what I perceive to be poor service (even when it might not be) uncalled for.

I am better now!

CRAZY K
17-08-2006, 09:41 PM
Relax Rice, if you give good service you expect it as well :teeth:

CRAZY K

Corabar Entertainment
17-08-2006, 09:51 PM
Glad to hear it's all sorted itself out
I am better now!Glad to hear that as well.... chill :rose: :rainbow: (closest I could find to illustrate hippy sentiments! :omg: )

Have a disco
17-08-2006, 11:03 PM
would still suggesting EU pro4 as is perfect for mobiles with the controller