PDA

View Full Version : As I suspected

funkymike
17-08-2006, 09:22 PM
Opps bum oh dear :sad:

Turns out I have blown one off my speakers cones in my GX12 deltec speakers, not bad after 4 years total abuse, thrashing it to hell mainley on karaoke, so I blame the singers ha ha

Anyway a bit off advice chappies if you please

rather than replace the one cone do you think it would be better to replace the pair with better spec drivers, they are fitted with emence 12" kappa pros (I think) and Iam told that the cabnents are designed to give the speaker the best possible responce and loudness thats 450w at 8ohms. The horns on the cabnets are motorola ones and are very good, but if I was to change the drivers to a different spec/make would that make the cabs less efficent?

your thoughts and comments before I burn the credit card again

loverly and funky

mike

Paul James Promotions
18-08-2006, 01:23 AM
Have a look at the P.Audio C15 300 MB from www.proaudioparts.co.uk

abyssdjhire
18-08-2006, 11:10 AM
we supply b&c too, amongst others. to save me looking, what power rating are the drivers that are in them now?

theoloyla
21-08-2006, 01:11 PM
I have used Deltec speakers for over 30 years and swear by them. Paul Von Hinton (the owner of the company) is a really caring professional and his products are very well designed. Many SEDA members also agree and use Deltec. I am told that the Eminence drivers that Deltec use are very good and that they have them specially made rather than getting a cheap off the shelf speaker.